Who did Ember Moon piss off? - Page 13 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 65Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 PM
 
Hephaesteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,300
Points: 8,430
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy The Vampire Slayer View Post
The Rock is black and he became WWE Champion.
Ember Moon was first ever Black NXT Woman's Champion.
Naomi became a two time first ever Black Smackdown Woman's Champion.

But pretty much spot on with your posts.
I love when people bring up the Rock. Look at the rock's win/loss record and compare it to anybody else of his stature. But yea we'll ignore that
Hephaesteus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 PM
 
Hephaesteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,300
Points: 8,430
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
No I'm playing the stop being silly card

1. Jazz was developed fine as a dominant mean cunt heel. She was certainly just as layered as the majority of the division at that time. I mean this is when Victoria was just crazy, Molly was a prude, Lita was a tomboy, and Trish was the girl next door. But you're so desperate to cry racism that you're not taking in any context of what was going on.

Jazz had 2 straight WrestleMania matches for the women's title one a triple threat which she won over Lita and Trish and the other against Trish and Victoria which she lost. 2 straight Mania title matches is a lot for a woman they gave no fucks about. But besides her on and off feud with Trish she also had a big feud with Victoria who was coming up then and Molly Holly.

That in no way matches this token black monster for Trish to come over you're trying to paint.. She was a top heel in the division. Hell she also had her time with Rodney Mack and Teddy Long so she was being used outside the women. Your assesment of what they did with Jazz couldn't be further from the truth.


2. How could Naomi have been keeping the belt warm for Charlotte when she actually lost the title to Nattie, someone nobody has ever accused WWE of trying to push because she's hot.

These arguments you're making don't hold up because you clearly don't even know or remember what both were doing as champ. How can your claims be taking serious when you don't even know what the folk you're arguing about were doing during their runs?
If calling out something that's obvious is silly, then I'll be the silliest motherfucker here.

1. Bullshit, we knew who Molly Holly was, knew who Lita was, Victoria Ivory, you name it they were all developed. Jazz's whole thing was I don't even know cuz it never got developed. I get that they gave 0 fucks about the divas during that era but they at least let them develop personalities.


You don't find it peculiar that you could only come up with one real feud outside of Trish that she did in WWF. As for wins and losses I have a feeling if I did the research, her record wouldn't be that impressive. But good on her for those two wrestlemania wins I reckon.

2. So Naomi lost it to a heel and who won the title as soon as that feud was over? I forget. Can you refresh my memory?
Hephaesteus is offline  
post #123 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,212
Points: 54,910
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephaesteus View Post
If calling out something that's obvious is silly, then I'll be the silliest motherfucker here.



1. Bullshit, we knew who Molly Holly was, knew who Lita was, Victoria Ivory, you name it they were all developed. Jazz's whole thing was I don't even know cuz it never got developed. I get that they gave 0 fucks about the divas during that era but they at least let them develop personalities.





You don't find it peculiar that you could only come up with one real feud outside of Trish that she did in WWF. As for wins and losses I have a feeling if I did the research, her record wouldn't be that impressive. But good on her for those two wrestlemania wins I reckon.



2. So Naomi lost it to a heel and who won the title as soon as that feud was over? I forget. Can you refresh my memory?
1. And we knew who Jazz was you're just pretending folk didn't know her character.

2. So she was holding the title warm for Charlotte despite not losing it to her and having a decent length reign lol
RapShepard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:41 PM
 
Laughable Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5,241
Points: 44,304
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephaesteus View Post
If Im not mistaken, Bobby Lashley gave that win right back when something of importance was on the line.
And Naomi did nothing with the belt.

So they both fit the narrative if I chose to highlight WWE being racist. Even their most successful minorities have been booked like shit. Ultimately I don't think WWE is as racist, they cant afford to be. However, I still find their booking practices questionable at best. And saying that there are Caucasian people booked bad doesn't work when proportionally the amount of questionable booking goes against minorities in general, not just black people.
That's the problem though. The very fact that Bobby Lashley even beat Roman is a massive achievement. The very fact that Naomi won the belt in the first place when she shouldn't have is an achievement. But its not enough for you. As long as a black wrestler isn't given everything, you will try and claim that they are racist.

Tell me now, do you honestly expect Bobby Lashley to have beaten Roman Reigns clean, twice? You're honestly trying to claim that WWE is racist for not allowing Lashley to beat their golden boy of the last few years twice. Did it not occur to you that perhaps Lashley's return wasn't so well received and that's why they dialled back on him? Did it not occur to you that Roman getting his win back was a valid booking decision to Vince? No, it didn't. Because all you saw was a black man losing a match and that was enough to cry racism.

Mate, plenty of champions in the WWE don't get anything done with them. Trying to highlight them not doing anything with Naomi is racism when the likes of the Iconics are getting jobbed out every week as champions and the likes of Hawkins and Ryder disappearing from tv for most of post-mania and then showing up just to lose the tag titles is a bit ridiculous ain't it?

See the problem with this one? WWE books many of its champions badly but somehow with Naomi its due to racism while for others its just WWE booking shit badly.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1p8SFdNzHFG7ucy12LjzImGeYfEh_q8xCNpCsUBPJkbKUsbUf
Laughable Chimp is offline  
post #125 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 PM
 
Hephaesteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,300
Points: 8,430
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughable Chimp View Post
That's the problem though. The very fact that Bobby Lashley even beat Roman is a massive achievement. The very fact that Naomi won the belt in the first place when she shouldn't have is an achievement. But its not enough for you. As long as a black wrestler isn't given everything, you will try and claim that they are racist.

Tell me now, do you honestly expect Bobby Lashley to have beaten Roman Reigns clean, twice? You're honestly trying to claim that WWE is racist for not allowing Lashley to beat their golden boy of the last few years twice. Did it not occur to you that perhaps Lashley's return wasn't so well received and that's why they dialled back on him? Did it not occur to you that Roman getting his win back was a valid booking decision to Vince? No, it didn't. Because all you saw was a black man losing a match and that was enough to cry racism.

Mate, plenty of champions in the WWE don't get anything done with them. Trying to highlight them not doing anything with Naomi is racism when the likes of the Iconics are getting jobbed out every week as champions and the likes of Hawkins and Ryder disappearing from tv for most of post-mania and then showing up just to lose the tag titles is a bit ridiculous ain't it?

See the problem with this one? WWE books many of its champions badly but somehow with Naomi its due to racism while for others its just WWE booking shit badly.
Holy strawman dude. You bought up Lashley not me. You tried to use Lashley's win over Reigns as an example of WWE not being racist, not me. You're still trying to act like I should be satisfied with a win over Reigns which means nothing. It's like Owens beating Cena clean then losing the next two times and you know it. If those are your best examples, then don't get mad when I easily counter them.

It has nothing to do with demand that minorities win all matches all the time, so spare me the hyperbole. You also ignored the fact that I agreed there were Caucasian wrestlers that were badly booked, so that part of your argument doesn't work at all.
Hephaesteus is offline  
post #126 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:59 PM
 
Hephaesteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,300
Points: 8,430
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

So just for fun lets see how WWE has booked since wrestlemania.
Beckys first two challengers were a blonde that even triple H didn't think was worthy of a push, and ole flair. Flair had to step down due to real life stuff and was promptly replaced by another blonde who wasn't even on that Brand. Im sure theres no agenda there.
However, I will give WWE for putting the belt on Bayley. I guess that's progress?
Hephaesteus is offline  
post #127 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
 
Miss Sally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 13,931
Points: 37,829
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?

Did anyone ever consider that it has nothing to do with her skin color or WWE and that maybe it's because she has no mic skills, limited charisma and nobody knows what the hell her character is?

WWE has dropped the ball on many Wrestlers but some, like Ember just don't really catch on.

Just because WWE has fucked over people before with their incompetence, doesn't mean it's the reason for every Wrestler's issues.

Miss Sally is offline  
post #128 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:57 AM
The face that runs the List
 
They Call Him Y2J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: France
Posts: 9,840
Points: 32,795
                     
Re: Who did Ember Moon piss off?



She's terrible

They Call Him Y2J is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome