Why is Asuka not challenging Becky? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 36Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,797
Points: 6,578
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

because asuka is treated like shit

glad i could clear this up for you
Tag89 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:34 PM
YNWA
 
Dibil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 7,815
Points: 4,521
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorwold View Post
Because she's not a blonde white lady. It's okay though, watching her and Kairi work together should be awesome, and the inevitable feud that it will lead to will be (almost) undoubtedly badass.
Yeah, a thrilling five minute Smackdown match that gets bumped off the show a couple of times before finally happening.
Tag89 and thorwold like this.

Hiroshi Tanahashi/Kazuchika Okada/Minoru Suzuki/Daniel Bryan/Asuka

Samoa Joe/Tetsuya Naito/Tomohiro Ishii/Meiko Satomura


Dibil13 is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:40 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 603
Points: 2,029
     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
That was so fucking stupid. Imagine if they had Austin tap out to Owen Hart before he won the Rumble and beat Shawn for the title. Imagine if they had Batista tap out to Jericho before he won the Rumble and beat HHH for the title. If that was their thought process, it's genuinely awful booking. No wonder nobody is a star anymore.


He's definitely racist. There's varying degrees of racism. I'm not saying he wishes harm on any other races, but he clearly favours Caucasians & Samoans. Look at guys like MVP and Booker T, I know Booker got his charity reign in 2006, but if they were white or samoan they would have been multiple time world champions given their level of talent. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Maybe it's not textbook racism, but it's definitely racial bias.


like why Samoans though? and did Rocky's samoan half cancel out his black half and thats why he got the belt?

"I fear nothing and regret less." -John Cena

"To be the man you gotta beat the man!" -Ric Flair


"I dont like it, when things aren't my, going my way." -Jumpin Jeff Farmer
jroc72191 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:41 PM
 
HugoCortez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: A place of Castilla whose name I don't want to remember. Spain
Favourite(s): Asuka, Glenn Tipton, Robert Fripp, Andy latimer.
Posts: 763
Points: 2,724
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
In kayfabe, I don't know, she's focusing on her new life as a tag team wrestler.

Out of kayfabe, which is what matters here, they don't want Asuka in that spot. They never treated her like a true champion after her and Becky were done with each other, she faded away into irrelevance. She only ever beat Becky to put doubt in fans minds that she might not win the Rumble.

And now they've got Becky as their top woman. Charlotte's still in the mix. And they want to push Lacey. And with Asuka they're keeping her busy with Kairi to give her something to do.

No grand explanation but again, Asuka got her reign because Becky had to lose, she didn't do anything with it once Becky was out of the picture. And now that Becky has her belts, they've got Asuka down the card doing something else.

That was more of a Charlotte/Becky feud with Asuka thrown in the middle. Throughout late December to early January, Asuka only had a sinlge one on one segment with Becky. There's also that pre-RR brawl and the-post TLC SDL but, as I said, those were more like the usual Charlotte vs Becky segments, only with her as a special guest to prevent the fans from complaining about Charlotte getting TV time nonstop.

And let's face it, the RR loss was to make Charlotte Becky's kayfabe equal. By having Becky be unable to defeat Asuka but then have Charlotte do that on an often basis without sweating, you are basically saying that Charlotte can do what Becky can't. And the best part is, this way they don't need to have Flair pin Lynch or make her submit, so they also avoid angering the Becky fans.

I'll say it again: how many times has Becky defeated Charlotte clean since tuirning face again? Zero. Those two clean loses during early Autumn were done to get Flair sympathy from the fans, but since they still favoured Becky over her, they said screw it and went back to hteir usual booking where Becky cannot get the better of Charlotte unless it is through DQ or similar tricks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGuilty View Post
she can't promo....Becky would have to carry the whole feud

Charlotte can speak english and Becky had to carry the whole feud by herself still the same so...

Anyway, it's more than the promo issue. vince refused to give her a mouthpiece all throughout 2018 because he thought that way he could avoid having to give her the belt (and even then, he ultimately failed at this), and now that she has a mouthpiece, they keep her in the tag team. but then again, Paige has beeen placed there to be Kairi's manager, not Asuka's double standard much, Vince?)
Tag89 likes this.

Mercenary! *Be careful!*

Mercenary *Careful!*

*Carefully, carefully!* The mercenary, the mercenary!




#JusticeForAsuka

Last edited by HugoCortez; 05-14-2019 at 01:43 PM.
HugoCortez is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:42 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,067
Points: 7,997
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibil13 View Post
Yeah, a thrilling five minute Smackdown match that gets bumped off the show a couple of times before finally happening.
Still, I want it.
Tag89 and thorwold like this.
Casual Fan #52 is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
 
SayWhatAgain!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Favourite(s): Austin, Rock, Y2J, Bryan, Becky, Jinder
Posts: 3,286
Points: 9,425
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoCortez View Post
Charlotte can speak english and Becky had to carry the whole feud by herself still the same so...
Overshadowing somebody is not the same as carrying them. Charlotte played her (very miscast) role just fine. Having her as babyface, while Becky was crushing it as a heel every week actually did some serious damage to Charlotte's credibility. Since they switched alignments late last year their feud has been really dull.



THE DREAM MATCH TO SAVE WWE
SayWhatAgain! is online now  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:46 PM
 
HugoCortez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: A place of Castilla whose name I don't want to remember. Spain
Favourite(s): Asuka, Glenn Tipton, Robert Fripp, Andy latimer.
Posts: 763
Points: 2,724
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibil13 View Post
Yeah, a thrilling five minute Smackdown match that gets bumped off the show a couple of times before finally happening.
Funny, you defend this tag team in the Asuka thread, claiming that is more entertaining than losing feuds against Charlotte for the gazillionth time, yet you say this.



The state of the fanbase.

Mercenary! *Be careful!*

Mercenary *Careful!*

*Carefully, carefully!* The mercenary, the mercenary!




#JusticeForAsuka
HugoCortez is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,232
Points: 13,756
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
That was so fucking stupid. Imagine if they had Austin tap out to Owen Hart before he won the Rumble and beat Shawn for the title. Imagine if they had Batista tap out to Jericho before he won the Rumble and beat HHH for the title. If that was their thought process, it's genuinely awful booking. No wonder nobody is a star anymore.


He's definitely racist. There's varying degrees of racism. I'm not saying he wishes harm on any other races, but he clearly favours Caucasians & Samoans. Look at guys like MVP and Booker T, I know Booker got his charity reign in 2006, but if they were white or samoan they would have been multiple time world champions given their level of talent. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Maybe it's not textbook racism, but it's definitely racial bias.
I was actually fine with the tap out at the time because I assume, silly me I guess, that WWE would use it to build up Asuka as a major force. Because otherwise, WTF have her tap out your most over star in a title match on a Big Four PPV? And Becky clearly wasn't hurt by it judging by how the crowd responded to her later on. Plus she got her "badass moment" later on via winning the RR on one leg, which is what most people remember first and foremost. Also the way that they did the finish to that match was actually really cool and made both women look good imo.

BUT, the problem is that now that finish looks far dumber, and more meaningless, in retrospect, because they did NOTHING with it. They didn't use it to build up Asuka, and now she's been demoted to tag team limbo. And they have booked Becky pretty poorly ever since the RR, basically made her Rumble win meaningless and instead had her backdoor her way into the Mania ME via that stupid Fastlane nonsense, wouldn't let her beat Ronda decisively at Mania, and now she's STILL feuding with Charlotte (and getting beaten down by either her or Lacey almost every week).

Basically I was THIS CLOSE to giving them props for something, but then they screwed it up of course.
Tag89 likes this.
Asuka842 is online now  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:07 PM
 
HugoCortez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: A place of Castilla whose name I don't want to remember. Spain
Favourite(s): Asuka, Glenn Tipton, Robert Fripp, Andy latimer.
Posts: 763
Points: 2,724
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
Overshadowing somebody is not the same as carrying them. Charlotte played her (very miscast) role just fine. Having her as babyface, while Becky was crushing it as a heel every week actually did some serious damage to Charlotte's credibility.

Well, I have a saying when it comes to this: "It doesn't matter how well one may speak, if nothing they have to say is worth shit".

My point is, you can be frigging Seneca, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Lincoln all thrown into one on the mic yet, if for some reason, the fans don't care about you and it's your opponent who has to spark their interest in the feud, then it's you who's being carried and not the other way round, regardless of if you have the superior oratory skills or not.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
Since they switched alignments late last year their feud has been really dull.
Because it was Becky who the fans wanted to see dominate the feud, not the other way around. At that time, they had Becky (after sweating a sea and then some) defeat Charlotte twice because they wanted to get the latter underdog sympathy from the crowds. It failed and fans still preferred Becky so they turned Charlotte heel so as to justify having her win despite the fact that the fans were complaining.

Thing is, Charlotte is always miscast. She isn't exactly a fountain of charisma (despite her being Ric's daughter and emulating his catchphrases, entrance and in ring mannerisms), so they have no other option but to ultimately turn her heel so as to justify her obnoxious promoing and booking because "she's a heel and that's her gimmick" and even then, since she has such a poor ring psychology and is so overreliant on routinary spots, she feels miscast whenever she steps foot into the ring. Cause Charlotte is a heel who wrestles like a spotmonkey face.

Mercenary! *Be careful!*

Mercenary *Careful!*

*Carefully, carefully!* The mercenary, the mercenary!




#JusticeForAsuka
HugoCortez is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:14 PM
YNWA
 
Dibil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 7,815
Points: 4,521
                     
Re: Why is Asuka not challenging Becky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoCortez View Post
Funny, you defend this tag team in the Asuka thread, claiming that is more entertaining than losing feuds against Charlotte for the gazillionth time, yet you say this.



The state of the fanbase.
I'm not sure how being pessimistic about the booking of a post-split feud has any relevance to me enjoying Asuka and Kairi as partners. I've never been under any illusions about what will happen when this team runs its course.

Hiroshi Tanahashi/Kazuchika Okada/Minoru Suzuki/Daniel Bryan/Asuka

Samoa Joe/Tetsuya Naito/Tomohiro Ishii/Meiko Satomura


Dibil13 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome