AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 362Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:20 PM
 
SayWhatAgain!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,841
Points: 8,327
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
That made me emotional too.

Not because I'm happy, it's actually because MVP should've been the first black WWE Champion and not Kofi.


And if you say "Rock isn't black" than neither are Obama or Drake.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
I keep telling you all, and you all mock me. Becky is winning both belts. I didn't just pluck it out of my ass. It's actually going to happen. Quote me on it. April 2019, double champ.
SayWhatAgain! is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:24 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,619
Points: 11,857
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

I bet that Bryan loved the idea of putting Kofi over here actually.
Asuka842 is offline  
post #93 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Lightning in the dark with a burning heart. 🔥
 
Leather Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 3,489
Points: 5,970
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

I didn't feel this good since Wrestlemania XXX when Bryan won at the main event. Bryan giving me two of the best memories on wrestling in the last decade. I'm very happy for Kofi, I hope he is booked like a proper champion from his reign and give us a lot of good matches.



All Time Favorites: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Sting , Rick Rude, & Ric Flair. AJ Styles will be added when retired.


I'm a Smackdown Guy.


Thank you for everything, Daniel Bryan.
WELCOME BACK, BRYAN
Leather Rebel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM
This Post Is Rated R
 
Rated Phenomenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,660
Points: 4,319
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
That made me emotional too.

Not because I'm happy, it's actually because MVP should've been the first black WWE Champion and not Kofi.


And if you say "Rock isn't black" than neither are Obama or Drake.

Neither of those are black, people call Obama black because the reality is hes the closest to an actual fully black President theres ever gonna be, so they like to shine light on his blackness.

As for Drake I have never in my life heard anyone ever call Drake black, so why bring him up?





We Want Edge
Smackdown! Fave Five: AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn , Randy Orton.
RAW Fave Five: Broken Matt Hardy, Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins.
Current Overall Fave Five: AJ Styles, Broken Matt Hardy, Braun Strowman, Kevin Owens, Brock Lesnar. All Time Fave Five: Edge,The Rock, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, AJ Styles
The post is Rated R
Rated Phenomenal is offline  
post #95 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:07 PM
 
SayWhatAgain!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,841
Points: 8,327
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated Phenomenal View Post
Neither of those are black, people call Obama black because the reality is hes the closest to an actual fully black President theres ever gonna be, so they like to shine light on his blackness.

As for Drake I have never in my life heard anyone ever call Drake black, so why bring him up?
What? Everyone classes Drake as black. Where you been?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
I keep telling you all, and you all mock me. Becky is winning both belts. I didn't just pluck it out of my ass. It's actually going to happen. Quote me on it. April 2019, double champ.
SayWhatAgain! is online now  
post #96 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:13 PM
 
jeffatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Favourite(s): K.O, Zayn, AJ, Joe, Braun, THE GOAT JERICHO, Black
Posts: 174
Points: 520
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibushi Is God View Post
So the guy with the BIGGEST reactions and BIGGEST merch sales gets the belt but some people still say "it's a joke"

Are y'all dumb or is the racism that real
Probably a bit of both sprinkled in with "hurr durr my fave didn't win so I have to bash who did win" mentality
jeffatron is offline  
post #97 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Izzy all hype, huh?
 
Ibushi Is God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,377
Points: 13,539
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Obama is black. Obama is black as fuck.

The whole problem some of you are having with this discussion is that you don't understand the concept of "race". Race is not just genetics. That sort of genetic essentialism is pretty fucking stupid and has been largely out of fashion since like 1885

Whether or not someone is black or white is complex. It's part biology and part social. We usually confer identity on the grounds of how much someone physically resembles a racial group. It doesn't matter AS MUCH that Obama is technically half white - he looks black and has a fucking AFRICAN name therefore he has been socialized as black and has lived a life full of all the social and cultural ramifications of blackness in America. All the discrimination, racism, microagression and whatever forms of socialization experienced by black people


Kofi too, obviously. The Rock is more racially ambiguous than Obama or Kofi. But he still looks pretty black. And his name, Dwayne Johnson, sounds pretty black. Furthermore he was raised by a black father and he knows and understands black culture. He's been socialized as a black man in America. So for me, there's no question that Rocky is the FIRST black WWE Champion. I mean he was in a Pan African stable ffs, it blows my mind people say he's not the 1st Black Champion

But Dwayne's racial ambiguity did make his path to the WWE Championship easier as in the lead up to his win, WWE never had to confront the racial undertones or overtones of his win. A lot of people probably don't consider him the 1st black WWE Champion because he was never identified as such by the WWE, it wasn't an element of the story, he was never marketed as such and his racial ambiguity enables that - Kofi doesn't have that same sort of ambiguity


So yes, The Rock is the 1st black WWE Champion. And Obama is the 1st black president. And there's a complex explanation for these things, it's not just "he's not black cuz his mom is white"

Ibushi Is God is offline  
post #98 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,029
Points: 2,639
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffatron View Post
Probably a bit of both sprinkled in with "hurr durr my fave didn't win so I have to bash who did win" mentality
Most people wil deny this but anti-blackness is still prevalent as hell in alot of fanbases especially in the WWE. What black people did to deserve this much hate? I have no idea but the fact of the matter is that racial bias still exists. Just like theres a certain kind of vitriol that comes out whenever the women are discussed... its not always obvious but its there and doubt some people even notice
Genesis 1.0 and Ibushi Is God like this.
ObsoleteMule is offline  
post #99 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:28 PM
 
jeffatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Favourite(s): K.O, Zayn, AJ, Joe, Braun, THE GOAT JERICHO, Black
Posts: 174
Points: 520
                     
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteMule View Post
Most people wil deny this but anti-blackness is still prevalent as hell in alot of fanbases especially in the WWE. What black people did to deserve this much hate? I have no idea but the fact of the matter is that racial bias still exists. Just like theres a certain kind of vitriol that comes out whenever the women are discussed... its not always obvious but its there and doubt some people even notice
Oh I agree. And that's the right wording to use as well. I don't think people (most at least) are consciously aware of these biases sometimes. The women too.

That being said, I don't think it's fair to paint everyone under the same brush either, albeit sometimes it's very apparent sadly.
jeffatron is offline  
post #100 of 211 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:38 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 247
Points: 850
   
Re: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WRESTLING FORUM, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
I basically don't. I haven't watched anything on this card tonight.

What rare things I do watch are because I like a rare few people and I want to see them on screen, whether they constantly get screwed over or not.
You're lucky you just get to be mad at your favourite Samoa Joe not being WWE champion and Asuka being made to LOSE the women's jobber battle royal won by Carmella and then temporarily not watch the WWE I however won't even stick around more than a week after realizing this company will now be SJW PC femcentric trash for YEARS with a product dominated by a bunch of fucking women and women's wrestling, people of color(I only have issues with undeserving people of color being given Titles, for instance Kofi), and probably LGBTQ freaks as well.


It's bad enough there's no Rock, Austin, or Punk; KO and Joe are emasculated, the writing has been shitty for ages, but having to watch Kofi bloody Kingston and a bunch of women? This shit isn't going to subside any time soon.

WWE is not for me anymore, which means Wrestling is not for me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentGasman View Post
tons of good matches you can theoretically do for that belt now

Kofi vs Orton

Kofi vs Nakamura

Kofi vs AJ

Kofi vs Big E

not to mention the superstar shake up could change things.
I can't believe people actually consider Kofi as a possibility of "good matches" and envision matches of Kofi vs those people

For that matter, I'm incredulous that a joke like Kofi is WWE champion, so at this point they may as well hand out the WWE championship to a fucking woman like Becky Lynch, or some Tranny or James Ellsworth or Santino Marella

Kofi Kingston, WWE champion

Last edited by Deathiscoming; 04-08-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Deathiscoming is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome