Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas by way of Chicago
○ The highest rated episodes of SmackDown were #24 (27/01/00) & #37 (27/04/00). Both episodes drew a 5.4 rating. Ep. #37 drew a 9.0 share while Ep. #24 drew a 8.0 share.
○ The first live episode of SmackDown drew a 3.4 rating and a 5.0 share. The episode (Ep. #107) aired on Tuesday, September 4th, 2001. SmackDown was pre-empted the following week due to the Al Qaeda attacks on New York City and Washington D.C.
○ SmackDown later aired live with Ep. #124 on Thursday, January 3rd, 2002. It drew a 3.8 rating and a 4.0 share while competing with the Rose Bowl.
○ Ep. #136, the first episode of SmackDown after the 2002 WWE Brand Extension, drew a 3.7.
○ SmackDown Ep. #150 fell on July 4th and drew a lowly rating of 2.0 - the lowest SmackDown rating to that point.
○ SmackDown average a rating of 3.52 in 2002 - the first year of the WWE Brand Extension.
○ SmackDown began 2003 with a live episode. Ep. #176 aired on Thursday, January 2nd, 2003 drawing a 3.4 rating and a 6.0 share. Brock Lesnar vs. Matt Hardy main-evented the episode.
○ SmackDown average a rating of 3.30 in 2003 - the first full year of the WWE Brand Extension.
○ SmackDown moved to Friday nights in 2005. The debut episode (Ep. #315) drew rating of 2.9.
○ In 2006, SmackDown moved to the CW Network drawing a 2.4 in it's debut (Ep. #372) on Friday, September 22, 2006. The Undertaker vs. King Booker was the main event.
○ In 2008, SmackDown once again fell on the 4th of July drawing a minuscule 1.6 rating.
○ In October of 2008, SmackDown moved the MyNetwork TV. The debut episode, Ep. #478, drew a rating of 1.9. Triple H, Chris Jericho and Matt Hardy worked the main event in a three-way match.
○ SmackDown left MyNetwork TV for SyFy in September of 2010. The debut episode (Ep. #576) drew a rating of 1.74. Big Show vs. Luke Gallows was the main event.
○ SmackDown reached its nadir in 2014 when Ep. #769 drew a rating of 0.75 after it aired on May 9th, 2014. The Wyatt Family battled John Cena and the Usos in the main event.
○ 2015 was the least watched year in SmackDown's 16-year history netting an average rating of 1.69.
○ So far, SmackDown has an average rating of 1.68 in 2016.