All SmackDown TV Ratings, Buys, Attendance, Draw Talk Here >> THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 7692Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #81 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:18 PM
PSYCH | SAIYANS
 
wwetna1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 13,539
Points: 13,861
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
TBF this show was hyped up for weeks with the possibilities of surprises/debuts/returns. That's not a "great" number.
by who? wrestlezone, meltzzer, dirt sheets r us?

WWE never once said anyone would return or advertised anyone for the draft. They never even released details of the selection process. They always said they would detail it on their site. They told you who was eligible, who was ineligible, who could be grouped into a signle pick, round structure, and nxt pick allotment slots. They never once misled or under delivered.

But I know you read about RVD, Dreamer, Carlito, new intros, ropes, stages, etc ... Yet you ignore WWE themselves saying the changes won't take place to the Monday following Battleground which was the last time they would all be together as a whole roster. You ignore Renee, Lita, Booker, and Graves announcing last night that they were told the two brands after battleground will only come together 4 times a year. You ignore that it was confirmed by Shane/Bryan on the network Raw has the tag and womens title exclusively for themsleves but they have the WWE and IC titles basically implying they will all need to make their own and the champs won't be crossing shows like Alvarez and Meltzer said before thus keeping a hard split.
Ace likes this.

wwetna1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:41 PM
Mid-Card Champion
 
4everEyebrowRaisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Underneath Your Bed
Posts: 5,685
Points: 3,605
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

It'll tank again next week, so what the fuck does it matter?

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12752554/images/1289585142408.jpg
4everEyebrowRaisin is offline  
post #83 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:35 AM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,558
Points: 1,519
                   
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

I am not going to put up with us losing to Raw.

I want each and everyone of you to read this and get ready for SD. Just 5 more days away. Mark out again like we are school kids ready for WCW vs WWF in the mid 90's.

I want higher ratings, lets get this thing to 3.0 again.
Ace likes this.
RKO 4life is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 08:09 AM
The Final Kid
 
The Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,397
Points: 11,310
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO 4life View Post
I am not going to put up with us losing to Raw.

I want each and everyone of you to read this and get ready for SD. Just 5 more days away. Mark out again like we are school kids ready for WCW vs WWF in the mid 90's.

I want higher ratings, lets get this thing to 3.0 again.
"Us"?

Lord, this is already starting to get cringeworthy as fuck





The Tempest is offline  
post #85 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 14,424
Points: 39,586
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

That's a fucking fantastic bump for SD, I don't know what the hell some of you are talking about. What did you expect? A gain of 3 million new viewers or something? SD's ratings have been beneath the toilet for a very long time. If they can keep a good amount of that audience they're sitting pretty good. A lot better than RAW, since SD will be the much more accessible show at 2 hrs.
Godway is offline  
post #86 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 04:36 PM
#BigDogOnBlue
 
The Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,639
Points: 19,581
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

They need to make sure they doing some new and innovative next week. The format of the show cannot be the same as RAW. If they really want to push SD as a "wrestling show" they should probably start a tournament next week to crown the new Tag Team Champions or the new #1 Contender's for the tag team titles. If they have a shortage of tag teams they can just pair guys up.

Tag Teams to use in a tournament:

1 American Alpha
2 The Usos
3 The Ascension
4 Breezango
5 The Vaudevillains
6 The Hype Bros
7 Kalisto and Apollo Crews
8 Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan

The Boy Wonder is offline  
post #87 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:38 PM
NO MORE MR. NICE SHIV
 
THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CASA DEL BAD SHIV
Posts: 57,712
Points: 291,061
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Can RAW break SD's "streak"?

THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV is offline  
post #88 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:18 AM
#Justice4Jupes!
 
LilOlMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,374
Points: 5,720
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Oh crap, wrestler marking is now gonna lead to brand marking. These threads are gonna be even more of a shit show.

I think that Smackdown will end up around 2.5 million, give or take. I think that anything above 2.6 million would be surprising and a good sign.

I don't think that RAW will fall too much from around 3 million. People are programmed to watch that, it has the feeling of far more gravitas (and will probably be treated as such), and that's where all the really important stuff still happens.

I just don't buy that a lot of fans are gonna switch from there, because I feel what's left is pretty much hardcore fans anyway. Yeah, you have people saying "I'll only watch Smackdown now" but I'm not buying that the reality of that is really plentiful.

At the same time, 5 hours of television in a row is a lot, so I can only see the hardest of the hardcore sticking around for the next night. That's why I think there will be at least a 400,000 or 500,000 difference.

Another thing is that surprisingly, NXT wasn't at the top of the most watched network programs, meanwhile stuff like Swerved was, so that tells me that a show run more like NXT (which I think Smackdown will be) will not necessarily be something that the WWE fans will feel is necessary to watch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowStopper View Post
SD has no excuse not to be beating Raw when Football starts, I agree with that. Between NFL games and having that 3rd hour, there is no reason for SD to not be beating Raw from September to December. THAT would be a major disappointment for SD if they aren't, at least, IMO. Just because the NFL is a monster, as we all know.
How can you say that, though, when you yourself said that Smackdown got MURDERED in the draft?

I just realized that if Dean loses on Sunday, 4 of the 5 champions will be on RAW.

It drives home the point even more that Smackdown is the B show. Viewers take cues from that.

http://i.imgur.com/WZRiuWH.png

Last edited by LilOlMe; 07-22-2016 at 12:32 AM.
LilOlMe is offline  
post #89 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:23 AM
You Get What You Deserve..
 
Showstopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Jersey - Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 49,931
Points: 69,557
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOlMe View Post
Oh crap, wrestler marking is now gonna lead to brand marking. These threads are gonna be even more of a shit show.

I think that Smackdown will end up around 2.5 million, give or take. I think that anything above 2.6 million would be surprising and a good sign.

I don't think that RAW will fall too much from around 3 million. People are programmed to watch that, it has the feeling of far more gravitas (and will probably be treated as such), and that's where all the really important stuff still happens.

I just don't buy that a lot of fans are gonna switch from there, because I feel what's left is pretty much hardcore fans anyway. Yeah, you have people saying "I'll only watch Smackdown now" but I'm not buying that the reality of that is really plentiful.

At the same time, 5 hours of television in a row is a lot, so I can only see the hardest of the hardcore sticking around for the next night. That's why I think there will be at least a 400,000 or 500,000 difference.

Another thing is that surprisingly, NXT wasn't at the top of the most watched network programs, meanwhile stuff like Swerved was, so that tells me that a show run more NXT like (which I think Smackdown will be) will not necessarily be something that the WWE fans will feel is necessary to watch.



How can you say that, though, when you yourself said that Smackdown got MURDERED in the draft?

I just realized that if Dean loses on Sunday, 4 of the 5 champions will be on RAW.

It drives home the point even more that Smackdown is the B show. Viewers take cues from what
Because the NFL is a ratings monster. They're going to destroy WWE with or without a brand split. Probably even more-so with the brand split and SD won't have to contend with the NFL, since they moved it from Thursday night (which there are also NFL games played on) to Tuesday.

Showstopper is offline  
post #90 of 3106 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 AM
#Justice4Jupes!
 
LilOlMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,374
Points: 5,720
                     
Re: **All Smackdown TV Ratings, Buys, Draw Talk Here** - THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowStopper View Post
Because the NFL is a ratings monster. They're going to destroy WWE with or without a brand split. Probably even more-so with the brand split and SD won't have to contend with the NFL, since they moved it from Thursday night (which there are also NFL games played on) to Tuesday.
But Smackdown did worse than on Friday nights, which is the absolute worst night for tv outside of Saturdays.

I agree that the brand split hurts the depth, which is why it's probably a lousy idea, but that hurts Smackdown just as well.

Raw has football to contend with, and Smackdown has the weaker roster + B show perception to deal with. I don't know if the former is a more valid excuse.

http://i.imgur.com/WZRiuWH.png
LilOlMe is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome