Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 71Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
 
M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,021
Points: 7,064
                     
Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

Update:

Quote:
Could we see longtime TV host Maury Povich on WWE RAW soon?

As Kellie noted before, WWE posted a graphic for the Maria Kanellis pregnancy storyline yesterday and asked who the father is of the son that she is expecting - Rusev or Mike Kanellis. They tagged The Maury Show and the show responded.

"I've got two words for you...Paternity Test. @WWE @RusevBUL @MariaLKanellis @RealMikeBennett #Raw #Maury22," wrote the official account for the show. You can see the exchange below.

It's interesting to note that there has been a pitch within WWE this week to have Maury participate in a RAW segment to push the storyline, according to PWInsider. Maury's show, which films near WWE HQ in Stamford, Connecticut, is most known for bringing people on to do paternity tests. There's no word yet on if WWE has reached an agreement to bring Maury in for a segment, but we will keep you updated.

As noted, Maria first named Ricochet as the father of her child on this week's RAW but that just led to Ricochet squashing Mike after he insisted Maria was lying. Maria then brought back Rusev to WWE TV and named him as the father. Rusev also squashed Mike in a quick match. It was reported this week, via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, that WWE plans to keep building the storyline to another reveal, and that Rusev won't be the father in the end.

Maria is just over 20 weeks pregnant with her son, which will be her second child with Mike. Stay tuned for updates on the storyline.

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...egment-659856/

-----

Quote:
Rusev will not be the final reveal in the Maria Kanellis pregnancy angle, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

As noted, this week's RAW saw Maria, who is 20 weeks along in her pregnancy, reveal that she and Mike Kanellis were expecting a baby boy. She then named Ricochet as the father, which led to Ricochet squashing Mike in a singles match. Ricochet insisted she was lying, and that led to Rusev making his return after Maria named him the father. Rusev squashed Mike in another singles match, but was dodged questions about getting Maria pregnant during a post-RAW interview.

The new report from the Observer notes that the eventual plan is to reveal who the father is, and build to that as a mystery angle for a ratings boost.

There's no word yet on who they have planned to be the father, but it will not be Rusev. It was noted that this will be more of a running joke instead of an angle that builds to a major reveal, despite the hope for a ratings boost.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-maria-659810/
M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:23 AM
 
Hephaesteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,232
Points: 8,241
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

They seriously think this is going to boost ratings? The fuck thinks that we want to watch such silliness
Hephaesteus is online now  
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bray, Joe, Owens, Jericho, Mox, MJF, WALTER
Posts: 95,425
Points: 81,234
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

LOL. a mystery angle for a ratings boost. Who the fuck cares about this storyline?

I've been calling it from the beginning, though, the baby is going to be black. They're gonna make it crystal clear that Mike cannot possibly be the father as part of his humiliation.
M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8 likes this.


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT


Kratosx23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:29 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 4,472
Points: 13,746
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

The Fiend as the father can help his character to connect
M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8, Frost99 and bloc like this.

All Time
Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Mankind, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Batista, Cm Punk, The Rock, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero

Current
Everyone is buried.
arch.unleash is online now  
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:32 AM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,923
Points: 34,142
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephaesteus View Post
They seriously think this is going to boost ratings? The fuck thinks that we want to watch such silliness
I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratosx23 View Post
LOL. a mystery angle for a ratings boost. Who the fuck cares about this storyline?

I've been calling it from the beginning, though, the baby is going to be black. They're gonna make it crystal clear that Mike cannot possibly be the father as part of his humiliation.
I care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch.unleash View Post
The Fiend as the father can help his character to connect
Now you're talking my language.
M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8 likes this.
bradatar is online now  
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:37 AM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bray, Joe, Owens, Jericho, Mox, MJF, WALTER
Posts: 95,425
Points: 81,234
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
I care.
Why? Because it's funny? It's not even funny because it's funny, it's funny in a cringeworthy, badly acted, spiteful way where the humor is all about Vinces distaste for Mike Kanellis and trying to figure out why Vince hates him so much.

There is no reason to care about who Marias baby daddy is. It's not gonna lead to a push for that guy, it's not an accomplishment, it's not anything, it's just some dumb angle like Mae Young giving birth to a hand.
Paladine likes this.


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT


Kratosx23 is offline  
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:48 AM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,923
Points: 34,142
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratosx23 View Post
Why? Because it's funny? It's not even funny because it's funny, it's funny in a cringeworthy, badly acted, spiteful way where the humor is all about Vinces distaste for Mike Kanellis and trying to figure out why Vince hates him so much.

There is no reason to care about who Marias baby daddy is. It's not gonna lead to a push for that guy, it's not an accomplishment, it's not anything, it's just some dumb angle like Mae Young giving birth to a hand.
It is trashy outrageous segments like this that keep the show from being geek match after geek match. Of course it isn't funny because it is funny. It is so bad, so poorly acted, such a terrible storyline...that makes it funny. That describes 90% of WWE humor. I don't give a shit who Maria's baby daddy is, but I'd rather watch a 5 minute Maria segment transitioning from a pointless Viking match to a pointless Ricochet match to buffer me from geek to geek.
Buster Baxter, Rain and The XL 2 like this.
bradatar is online now  
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bray, Joe, Owens, Jericho, Mox, MJF, WALTER
Posts: 95,425
Points: 81,234
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
It is trashy outrageous segments like this that keep the show from being geek match after geek match. Of course it isn't funny because it is funny. It is so bad, so poorly acted, such a terrible storyline...that makes it funny. That describes 90% of WWE humor. I don't give a shit who Maria's baby daddy is, but I'd rather watch a 5 minute Maria segment transitioning from a pointless Viking match to a pointless Ricochet match to buffer me from geek to geek.
Well, personally, I'd rather watch GOOD entertaining segments like the Firefly Funhouse or a Samoa Joe promo, or conversely, to take it back to the past, a CM Punk promo, or a Steve Austin promo or a Mick Foley promo, or something like what AEW is doing with Jericho cutting promos while having a little bit of the BUBBLEIGH, or a Jon Moxley or an MJF promo, rather than some cringeworthy, poorly acted segment with shitty wrestlers and personalities clearly designed to take out Vinces frustations with some jobber, just because that segment ISN'T wrestling. That's me. I'm not gonna be entertained by something that isn't entertaining just because Ricochet and Cedric Alexander aren't insulting the business with their dance routines.

I wish we could have GOOD segments that are entertaining and drew excitement from the fans, with people who know how to be a larger than life star. Where did that go and why is it not possible anymore, and when it is, why are they buried for it?
TommyWCECM and Cyberdemon like this.


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT


Kratosx23 is offline  
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:20 AM
 
Freelancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,197
Points: 10,516
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

I'd love for someone to explain to me how this will benefit the product while keeping a straight face.
Frost99, TommyWCECM and scshaastin like this.

"I will say it because I am trying to quell the burning in my heart--I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life." - Jim Cornette

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man" - Ric Flair
Freelancer is offline  
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:26 AM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,923
Points: 34,142
                     
re: Backstage News On WWE's Plans For The Maria Kanellis Pregnancy Storyline; Maury Povich Possibly Involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratosx23 View Post
Well, personally, I'd rather watch GOOD entertaining segments like the Firefly Funhouse or a Samoa Joe promo, or conversely, to take it back to the past, a CM Punk promo, or a Steve Austin promo or a Mick Foley promo, or something like what AEW is doing with Jericho cutting promos while having a little bit of the BUBBLEIGH, or a Jon Moxley or an MJF promo, rather than some cringeworthy, poorly acted segment with shitty wrestlers and personalities clearly designed to take out Vinces frustations with some jobber, just because that segment ISN'T wrestling. That's me. I'm not gonna be entertained by something that isn't entertaining just because Ricochet and Cedric Alexander aren't insulting the business with their dance routines.

I wish we could have GOOD segments that are entertaining and drew excitement from the fans, with people who know how to be a larger than life star. Where did that go and why is it not possible anymore, and when it is, why are they buried for it?
Welp. Bray and Joe are the only two still around. Also, when Austin/Rock/Jericho/etc. were still around there was still this kind of trashy humor to segway through the different segments. I don't blame people for not liking the trash part of the product, but i love it.
bradatar is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome