Corbin is over. - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 82Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:14 PM
 
yeahbaby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,356
Points: 16,784
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

Good for him and good to hear, in this day and age I think any sort of reaction is a good one. It sucks when you have PPVs and there is literally no heat for most of the show.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"I backed him. You can see how loyal he is. He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees.' He would have dropped to his knees."

"You oughta see this guy - 'uh, I don't know what I said, uh, I don't remember,'"

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

"He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"Covfefe"


President of The United States of America, Mr Donald Trump
yeahbaby! is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:22 PM
 
Brodus Clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,530
Points: 9,719
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

I'm okay with him or Chad, wanted Andrade but well not gonna complain about this.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic210014_21.gif
Brodus Clay is offline  
post #63 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 155
Points: 0
       
Baron Corbin reminds me of The Great Khali. He has that intense look that is missing in wrestlers today. Wrestlers aren't suppose to look like Average Joes. He also continues to bring it and prove everybody wrong. I hope he does win it all. God bless America and Baron Corbin.

Last edited by Jason King; 09-10-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Jason King is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:41 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 76
Points: 294
 
Re: Corbin is over.

MSG is the litmis test for whether someone is over or not.

MSG was sold out unlike the rest of the year where only a niche fanbase go to shows and the arenas have to be blanketed. there was casuals and they didn't respond to the niche favorites.

WWE gets about 4,000-5,000 people for Raw. 5,000 x 52 shows a year = 260,000 fans.

Booking for the 2 million viewers at home shouldn't be directed by a niche of 260,000 fans or the less than 500,000 on the internet that know the inner workings of the business.

That's why there is a disconnect between what fanatics in arenas cheer and chant for and the casuals/viewers at home as we see with ratings.

While Rollins gets cheered off and on every week by 5,000 in arenas.(since it's not every single week, that means 125,000 average fans a year), the 120,000 fans shouldn't be catered over the 500,000-1 million fans who left during his push.

Remember ticket prices are high hence only fanatics go, they will pay any price.

I think Corbin gets heat because he was apart of shows with Rollins that drew low, and people gave him the heat for it when it's proven Rollins was drawing the lowest ratings in history(no exaggeration) without Corbin.
OldPsychology is offline  
post #65 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:03 AM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Kana Chan and The Fiend
Posts: 94,867
Points: 79,453
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason King View Post
Baron Corbin reminds me of The Great Khali. He has that intense look that is missing in wrestlers today. Wrestlers aren't suppose to look like Average Joes. He also continues to bring it and prove everybody wrong. I hope he does win it all. God bless America and Baron Corbin.
Never imagined the day I would hear this used as a positive.

I mean, they are similar in a few ways...


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT


Kratosx23 is offline  
post #66 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:07 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 959
Points: 2,976
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

LOL

As much as he has been exposed to the audience, he should be way more over.

However, don't get too cocky, they have always made sure to portray him as a loser, so it would not surprise me if he loses the KOTR final.
DammitC likes this.
CRCC is offline  
post #67 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:04 AM
Pro WWE
 
Blissed Phenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CHCH, New Zealand
Favourite(s): Refer above
Posts: 8,629
Points: 5,479
                     
His performances are growing on me slowly he had a decent showing like him or not.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSiyoDfCp9alJ9Ia3AG2cL3e6Nvp2rDLe4p6Xf9HwjPURYFHY99
Blissed Phenomenon is offline  
post #68 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 10,312
Points: 32,071
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissed Phenomenon View Post
His performances are growing on me slowly he had a decent showing like him or not.
Pretty amazing how much different actually WINNING matches can make a wrestler come off to people who aren't usually fans.
bradatar is offline  
post #69 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Kana Chan and The Fiend
Posts: 94,867
Points: 79,453
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCC View Post
However, don't get too cocky, they have always made sure to portray him as a loser, so it would not surprise me if he loses the KOTR final.
You know who his opponent is, right?
bradatar likes this.


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT


Kratosx23 is offline  
post #70 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
 
DammitC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hollywood, FL
Favourite(s): Bryan, AJ, Seth, Ziggler, Zayn, KO, Joe, Cesaro
Posts: 9,844
Points: 33,438
                     
Re: Corbin is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPsychology View Post
MSG is the litmis test for whether someone is over or not.

MSG was sold out unlike the rest of the year where only a niche fanbase go to shows and the arenas have to be blanketed. there was casuals and they didn't respond to the niche favorites.

WWE gets about 4,000-5,000 people for Raw. 5,000 x 52 shows a year = 260,000 fans.

Booking for the 2 million viewers at home shouldn't be directed by a niche of 260,000 fans or the less than 500,000 on the internet that know the inner workings of the business.

That's why there is a disconnect between what fanatics in arenas cheer and chant for and the casuals/viewers at home as we see with ratings.

While Rollins gets cheered off and on every week by 5,000 in arenas.(since it's not every single week, that means 125,000 average fans a year), the 120,000 fans shouldn't be catered over the 500,000-1 million fans who left during his push.

Remember ticket prices are high hence only fanatics go, they will pay any price.

I think Corbin gets heat because he was apart of shows with Rollins that drew low, and people gave him the heat for it when it's proven Rollins was drawing the lowest ratings in history(no exaggeration) without Corbin.
Imagine being delusional enough to blame the low numbers on Seth Rollins and to imply that Baron Corbin is a "draw" (let alone falsely claiming that he's more over)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D55vUv4WAAE9lQJ.jpg

Are you having trouble having access to my older rating threads? Did you forget to vote for one of the currently rated talents? Click on the link below, search through my RTC threads, and bump up any of my old rating threads so you can still get your votes counted in

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/565609-dammitc.html
DammitC is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome