Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring? - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 325Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:28 PM
 
Undertaker23RKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,886
Points: 6,010
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
The same Daniel Bryan whose moveset is now so limited he likely has less moves than Cena? Maybe early DB, but he's so constricted now, he makes Rollins look like Mozart.
This destroyed your argument. DB doesn't need crazy moves to have a great match.
Brodus Clay likes this.

Shows attended:
Smackdown 7/19/11
Raw 2/20/12
Elimination Chamber 2/23/14
Raw 10/24/16
Royal Rumble 1/29/17

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-invest-i...ling-If-so-how

https://www.quora.com/Who-do-you-pre...-or-Jon-Moxley
Undertaker23RKO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,292
Points: 9,826
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Viper View Post
Stone Cold: “Rollins is somewhat over, not all-the-way over, not by a long shot. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way. That's just being honest. He [has] relied on his sequences and his athleticism to carry him. To take him to the next level, he'll have to get more character development."

“When you say 'Seth Rollins' or if you want to say 'Seth Freakin' Rollins', I still don't have a sense of what or who this guy is. And so, that rests on Seth Rollins' shoulders, as an individual, as a performer, to define or create that as well as the WWE because I still don't get a sense of what kind of personality he is."
To be fair, you can say that about a LOT of WWE performers. Who or what is Ricochet? Or Johnny Gargano? Or Adam Cole? Or Drew McIntyre? With the exception of Ricochet, they’re just names. As general as anyone you could randomly run into.

WWE inadvertently allowed itself to become a giant scale version of ROH, whose small fan base thrives on wrestlers with no characters or gimmicks, where match quality was the only selling point (because it was booked as an opposite to WWE). WWE’s strengths have historically been defined, over the top characters that draw mainstream interest like The Rock. The company has been playing to its weaknesses and booking towards ROH’s audience in the last couple of years. Heyman has a long rebuild ahead of him.
This Is Average likes this.
Seafort is offline  
post #93 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:38 PM
 
ClintDagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Las Colinas, TX
Posts: 2,127
Points: 6,378
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

To me all Rollins can do is run the match he’s told to run. I think he could be a great worker but the matches cater to fans that like spots over stories.
DammitC and ManiaSeason2017 like this.
ClintDagger is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:02 PM
INGOBERNABLE
 
Darkest Lariat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ‡ Ranch, Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 3,344
Points: 6,810
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

I been on that train since day one. He's a mid card guy on his best day.



🐂NO PASA NADA🏜️
Darkest Lariat is offline  
post #95 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:49 PM
 
This Is Average's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 30
Points: 87
   
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Very few people nowadays sell adequately. They sell at the point of impact (sometimes they don’t even do that) and then five seconds later they’ve recovered. Rollins is one name on an unfortunately long list.
ManiaSeason2017 likes this.

"This is awesome!"
Let's be honest - it's probably just moderately enjoyable.


This Is Average is offline  
post #96 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:38 PM
 
JustAName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,957
Points: 6,160
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribalde View Post
The guy's a fucking joke.
End of story.
It actually is psychology, he had to risk everything to beat Lesnar, which is exactly what he did in that match and it paid off in the end. He had to hit something really big and even though he risked his mid section, he HAD to do it to take Lesnar out. It was a more guts/heart than brain story being told, it's not even questionable, you're just either ignorant or blind if you can't tell a story cause of your bias against someone
Lorromire likes this.
JustAName is offline  
post #97 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:40 PM
 
JustAName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,957
Points: 6,160
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyer View Post
I remember that Seth Rollins was considered a good wrestler especially with his selling by many. I haven't been watching for a while but what happened?
Nothing, he just had a few unpopular opinions and views on Mox and WWE and suddenly everyone turned off their brain to his ability because someone they don't like can't be good at anything because people are fucking stupid, the end
Lorromire and rkolegend123 like this.
JustAName is offline  
post #98 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:50 PM
 
Y.2.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Favourite(s): Banks, Becky & Tessa
Posts: 4,022
Points: 12,214
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?



This thread...

Sure Rollins isn't perfect and could improve in many areas but at the same time he's definitely one of the best on the roster. He took a match where he was boo'd at the start to cheered at the end. He's a great performer...maybe the psychology can improve but no one is perfect.


Ooofff...I can't believe the difference a year can make lol. More like 6 months can make...

Anyways...doesn't matter who's on top they will be shit on.

I'll back my boy Rollins

Current:
Reigns / Rollins / Bray / Aleister / AJ
Inner Circle / Janela / Omega / Darby

All-Time:
Undertaker / Y2J / Batista / John Cena
Brock Lesnar / Steve Austin / The Rock / Goldberg
Y.2.J is offline  
post #99 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,936
Points: 23,544
                     
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailhook View Post
The same Daniel Bryan whose moveset is now so limited he likely has less moves than Cena? Maybe early DB, but he's so constricted now, he makes Rollins look like Mozart.
Steve Austin post broken neck was heavily constricted, and that version was one of the greatest in-ring performers of all time. How many moves a person has doesn't prove how good they are in the ring. You're just proving to me you don't know anything about in-ring work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAName View Post
Nothing, he just had a few unpopular opinions and views on Mox and WWE and suddenly everyone turned off their brain to his ability because someone they don't like can't be good at anything because people are fucking stupid, the end
I just can't with idiotic arguments like this. This isn't something that happened overnight, and it most certainly did not happen because of his comments on Ambrose. Complaints about Rollins in-ring work have been going on for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAName View Post
It actually is psychology, he had to risk everything to beat Lesnar, which is exactly what he did in that match and it paid off in the end. He had to hit something really big and even though he risked his mid section, he HAD to do it to take Lesnar out. It was a more guts/heart than brain story being told, it's not even questionable, you're just either ignorant or blind if you can't tell a story cause of your bias against someone
Jesus christ this is even worse than your other post. First off what you just described is storytelling, not psychology. Second, this entire post is strawman arguing at its finest.

Rollins is a man whose finisher revolves around slamming the opponents head into the mat. And he's a dangerous striker with his feet and knees, as he has proven in the past. So please, do not tell us that he needed to do multiple suicide dives into a man who is 280+ pounds of almost pure muscle and a frog splash onto the man while he was on the announcers table. If Seth had any regard for actual storytelling and making what was happening look convincing, he wouldn't have done a frog splash onto the announcers table. He would have went onto the other one, and hit Lesnar with the curb stomp onto the table. Targeting the head was the best bet, since that is the main point of impact with the Curb Stomp anyways (you know, that move he used to beat him with...twice). Rollins never gave any ounce of a shit about telling a legitimate story in that match. He went for the big spots that made no sense, and quite frankly, that entire match can be summed up with that very sentence. A bunch of big spots that made no sense.

Guts/Heart stories can lead to terrific matches. But when it's done in a way that is straight up illogical, it simply doesn't work. And here, it doesn't work. And the reaction from a lot of fans to this match is a clear indication of that. Don't call it bias or being blind. You're committing the act of being both of those things if you're sitting there with a straight face telling us that a man with broken ribs using his stomach to fight someone could possibly work in any scenario.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change

Last edited by AlternateDemise; 08-13-2019 at 06:59 PM.
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #100 of 142 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 80
Points: 270
       
Re: Is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring?

Yall Rollins fans can say that "its blind hatred" or its because of his comments about Moxley or anything you want but i still haven't heard a good argument why Rollins's good in the ring or why the match was good. The only argument i've seen is that "he can do movez, he can land on his feet off the top rope and that he can do a phoenix splash". The post above explained perfectly why Rollins isn't good in the ring or atleast not as good as you say he is yet your argument is "You just turned on him" or "Its because of his comments about Moxley".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post

Rollins is a man whose finisher revolves around slamming the opponents head into the mat. And he's a dangerous striker with his feet and knees, as he has proven in the past. So please, do not tell us that he needed to do multiple suicide dives into a man who is 280+ pounds of almost pure muscle and a frog splash onto the man while he was on the announcers table. If Seth had any regard for actual storytelling and making what was happening look convincing, he wouldn't have done a frog splash onto the announcers table. He would have went onto the other one, and hit Lesnar with the curb stomp onto the table. Targeting the head was the best bet, since that is the main point of impact with the Curb Stomp anyways (you know, that move he used to beat him with...twice). Rollins never gave any ounce of a shit about telling a legitimate story in that match. He went for the big spots that made no sense, and quite frankly, that entire match can be summed up with that very sentence. A bunch of big spots that made no sense.

Guts/Heart stories can lead to terrific matches. But when it's done in a way that is straight up illogical, it simply doesn't work. And here, it doesn't work. And the reaction from a lot of fans to this match is a clear indication of that. Don't call it bias or being blind. You're committing the act of being both of those things if you're sitting there with a straight face telling us that a man with broken ribs using his stomach to fight someone could possibly work in any scenario.
I don't know how you can argue with this really

Last edited by AustinStunner; 08-13-2019 at 07:48 PM.
AustinStunner is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome