Thoughts on REY getting squashed? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 40Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:34 PM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,181
Points: 34,990
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Jesus you can’t possibly be this bad. You completely missed my meaning of “Michaels-like contract” even though I made it a point to iterate what I meant with “limited dates”, stop talking thanks. Then you have the fucking nerve to call me a fan boy after the level of gotten to you put on display because you thought I was comparing the two talent wise or some shit fucking hell .

He didn't get a Michaels-eque contract though. You're just talking out your ass. You made a point to say what? That you're making up contract details? How exactly am I bad too? I presented you with all the reasons you are wrong. Michaels is able to get a contract like he did because he was one of Vince's boys and a much larger star. Not Rey. Fucking. Mysterio. Cheers.
bradatar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Pro WWE
 
Blissed Phenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CHCH, New Zealand
Favourite(s): Refer above
Posts: 9,033
Points: 5,491
                     
I agree about him putting others over at this stage but a squash like that was ridiculous, He's not just some Lower Card jobber like No Way Jose, He has a little cred to his name even in 2019.

Bobby is slowly but surely being built to be a new threat to Seth and his championship there is no other reason to explain why.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSiyoDfCp9alJ9Ia3AG2cL3e6Nvp2rDLe4p6Xf9HwjPURYFHY99
Blissed Phenomenon is online now  
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,373
Points: 14,267
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
He didn't get a Michaels-eque contract though. You're just talking out your ass. You made a point to say what? That you're making up contract details? How exactly am I bad too? I presented you with all the reasons you are wrong. Michaels is able to get a contract like he did because he was one of Vince's boys and a much larger star. Not Rey. Fucking. Mysterio. Cheers.
Dude you literally did exactly what you accused me of doing; talked out of your ass with nonsensical fanboy logic. "HBK got a contract with limited dates because he earned it and he's Vince's "boy" herp derp, Rey Mysterio isn't shit herp derp." I said he wanted the Michaels style contract; the very same contract style Chris fucking Jericho and many others have received over the years, because he requested it during his WWE discussions, he pretty much confirmed it in interviews and everything. Even pre-WWE return he said he never wanted to work the full schedule again, the fuck did you think he only signed for two years for in the first place? Ya see how that works? When you speak facts via research vs "oh let me stan for HBK" shit that gets the discussion no where? Maybe comeback with some facts of your own instead jumping around like a clown with your stan hat on.
Vic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:51 PM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,181
Points: 34,990
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Dude you literally did exactly what you accused me of doing; talked out of your ass with nonsensical fanboy logic. "HBK got a contract with limited dates because he earned it and he's Vince's "boy" herp derp, Rey Mysterio isn't shit herp derp." I said he wanted the Michaels style contract; the very same contract style Chris fucking Jericho and many others have received over the years, because he requested it during his WWE discussions, he pretty much confirmed it in interviews and everything. Even pre-WWE return he said he never wanted to work the full schedule again, the fuck did you think he only signed for two years for in the first place? Ya see how that works? When you speak facts via research vs "oh let me stan for HBK" shit that gets the discussion no where? Maybe comeback with some facts of your own instead jumping around like a clown with your stan hat on.
What? I don't care what Rey 'wanted'. He didn't get a Jericho or HBK-esque contract. HERP DERP DERP

Arguing with a wall right now enjoy your day.
bradatar is offline  
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,373
Points: 14,267
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
What? I don't care what Rey 'wanted'. He didn't get a Jericho or HBK-esque contract. HERP DERP DERP

Arguing with a wall right now enjoy your day.
You’ve made a lot of backwards statements in this discussion.
Vic is offline  
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:55 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,301
Points: 15,123
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

There's no making some of you happy lol

Bobby barely wins, he's gotta look credible going into a big match. Rey is past his prime but is still a name and is there to put people over at this stage. Sorry Rey, come take this squash.
TyAbbotSucks is offline  
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:56 PM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
He didn't get a Michaels-eque contract though. You're just talking out your ass. You made a point to say what? That you're making up contract details? How exactly am I bad too? I presented you with all the reasons you are wrong. Michaels is able to get a contract like he did because he was one of Vince's boys and a much larger star. Not Rey. Fucking. Mysterio. Cheers.
You gotta calm down, broski. His point was that Mysterio was after a semi-limited schedule LIKE Shawn Michaels. He never claimed Mysterio was as GOOD as Shawn or DESERVED the same treatment, just that he (probably) wanted it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something you might not be entitled to. I just negotiated a higher rate on my independent contractor side gig because I felt I deserved to be the highest-paid worker there even though I'm new; if I hadn't got it, I wouldn't have been a piece of shit for asking for it.
Vic likes this.

Strike Force is offline  
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:56 PM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,389
Points: 45,403
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Dude you literally did exactly what you accused me of doing; talked out of your ass with nonsensical fanboy logic. "HBK got a contract with limited dates because he earned it and he's Vince's "boy" herp derp, Rey Mysterio isn't shit herp derp." I said he wanted the Michaels style contract; the very same contract style Chris fucking Jericho and many others have received over the years, because he requested it during his WWE discussions, he pretty much confirmed it in interviews and everything. Even pre-WWE return he said he never wanted to work the full schedule again, the fuck did you think he only signed for two years for in the first place? Ya see how that works? When you speak facts via research vs "oh let me stan for HBK" shit that gets the discussion no where? Maybe comeback with some facts of your own instead jumping around like a clown with your stan hat on.
If he negotiated for limited dates why is he not working limited dates? At what point does personal responsibility come in to play? You make it sound like he was perfectly happy working the indies, dodging WWE, and then somehow they forced him to re-sign. He chose to take the money and whenever WWE calls and tells him to work more dates than he's supposed to, he chooses to show up instead of telling Vince "no".

Rey is not a victim here.
Therapy and bradatar like this.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is offline  
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bray, Joe, Owens, Jericho, Mox, MJF, WALTER
Posts: 95,564
Points: 81,666
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

I wish this was how he was treated in his prime. That little motherfucker destroyed the entire roster back in the day. Fuck that flippy geek. No mic skills, no personality, horrible in ring style, can't stand him.

Good.
nWo4Lyfe420 and bradatar like this.



Kratosx23 is offline  
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:02 PM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,181
Points: 34,990
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
You gotta calm down, broski. His point was that Mysterio was after a semi-limited schedule LIKE Shawn Michaels. He never claimed Mysterio was as GOOD as Shawn or DESERVED the same treatment, just that he (probably) wanted it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something you might not be entitled to. I just negotiated a higher rate on my independent contractor side gig because I felt I deserved to be the highest-paid worker there even though I'm new; if I hadn't got it, I wouldn't have been a piece of shit for asking for it.
That's where I got mixed up I guess. I understand someone wanting something. I asked for more money then I eventually settled on with my firm I'm at right now. Life is all about negotiation. I don't think Rey is a piece of shit at all! I don't know the guy. Just because I don't like him as a wrestler doesn't mean he is a piece of shit. He just signed a contract. If he didn't want to work all these days, and negotiation went nowhere, he should have done a lighter schedule on the indies to preserve his body and longetivity. I just can't have sympathy when guys sign a WWE contract knowing fully well how this company operates.
Chris JeriG.O.A.T likes this.
bradatar is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome