Thoughts on REY getting squashed? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 40Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:59 PM
 
SINdicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 113
Points: 375
             
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

What else should he be doing?

He's always been "the biggest little man" and the underdog throughout his career. It was just the perfect fairy-tale ending and send off to have Rey win the Rumble in '06 because of Eddie's death. His title reign is almost entirely forgettable, and do we even count the time he won and lost the fake WWE championship in 2011?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say I'm his biggest fan but I definitely don't hate the guy. I just don't see what people expected when a half-crippled, mid-40's dude with a history of fucked knees comes back to WWE. He won't see a world title or a main event and he's there solely to help boost viewership and new talent based on his name being a big brand within the company.
SINdicate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:03 PM
JRL
 
JRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 172
Points: 516
       
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

It led to a dumb segment, but WWE seems to love 50/50 booking so Rey will probably win some match next week and nothing will ever come from this squash job to Lashley.

JRL is offline  
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,249
Points: 13,829
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
He had it coming. He is unreliable, can't make it a full year without an injury or two. Why invest in a guy who is a proven injury magnet? He needs to retire.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The fuck? He had getting squashed "coming"? I've read a lot of nonsensical bullshit on here and that is definitely up there. There's a reason it took them so long to finally re-sign the guy after he spent the better part of half a decade avoiding them. He knew he couldn't do a full-time WWE schedule and made it a point to take light booking while doing the indies. This is 100% the fault of WWE because the jackasses offered him a full-time deal anyways.

It takes more than 5 years to heal long-running, almost lifetime injuries Rey clearly knew this and WWE didn't. We of course know they knew this but they did the same thing they always do in regards to worker health and safety, not give a fuck until it makes the news. To provide some clarity Rey to my knowledge never once sustained an injury during his time away from the E, that should provide a lot of depth and perspective here.
WalkingInMemphis likes this.
Vic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Chan Hung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12,288
Points: 3,919
                     
Just another thing I want to add to this thread is that I'm also disappointed that Bobby Lashley did not come out at least pretending he was a little hurt to make it more realistic, after all the OMGs that the company said about this mega injury....but then again that's just me being picky about things that are supposed to be common sense

Chan Hung is offline  
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:09 PM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,022
Points: 23,692
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
The fuck? He had getting squashed "coming"? I've read a lot of nonsensical bullshit on here and that is definitely up there. There's a reason it took them so long to finally re-sign the guy after he spent the better part of half a decade avoiding them. He knew he couldn't do a full-time WWE schedule and made it a point to take light booking while doing the indies. This is 100% the fault of WWE because the jackasses offered him a full-time deal anyways.

It takes more than 5 years to heal long-running, almost lifetime injuries Rey clearly knew this and WWE didn't. We of course know they knew this but they did the same thing they always do in regards to worker health and safety, not give a fuck until it makes the news. To provide some clarity Rey to my knowledge never once sustained an injury during his time away from the E, that should provide a lot of depth and perspective here.
Yeah, no. WWE could care less if they shelf him for months at a time without TV time and you should know that. It is Rey's fault for taking the money. Look at the Club. It took less then a week after re-signing to turn into Ricochets bitch. Rey knew exactly what he signed up for. Quit making big bad WWE to be the enemy here. Rey wanted his paychecks with less work and is getting them. It is a win/win for both parties. WWE keeps another one away from the competition and Rey gets security. Rey could stay away from WWE all he wants but HE came back for the easy cash. I don't follow the guys so I don't know about his injury history on the indies but in every WWE run he has had he's been made of glass. The dude is like 5 feet tall.
bradatar is offline  
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,249
Points: 13,829
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
Yeah, no. WWE could care less if they shelf him for months at a time without TV time and you should know that. It is Rey's fault for taking the money. Look at the Club. It took less then a week after re-signing to turn into Ricochets bitch. Rey knew exactly what he signed up for. Quit making big bad WWE to be the enemy here. Rey wanted his paychecks with less work and is getting them. It is a win/win for both parties. WWE keeps another one away from the competition and Rey gets security. Rey could stay away from WWE all he wants but HE came back for the easy cash. I don't follow the guys so I don't know about his injury history on the indies but in every WWE run he has had he's been made of glass. The dude is like 5 feet tall.
Who the fuck cares about how tall he is? That's irrelevant to any point being made in this thread first of all. Second of all, Rey came back expecting a Shawn Michaels-like contract with limited dates, to my knowledge not citing injuries Rey has worked pretty much every TV taping and PPV since he was signed what did you expect to happen here? You're totally reaching for reasons to shit on the guy. I stand by this being 100% on WWE, he signed a two year contract, but two years of a WWE schedule is still two years of full-time work for a 40 year old man with fucked knees. That is insanity.
WalkingInMemphis and DammitC like this.
Vic is offline  
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:20 PM
 
tducey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house
Posts: 13,653
Points: 26,240
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Justified. At this stage this is what Rey should be doing. Putting over talent.

(Meme courtesy of a google image search)
tducey is offline  
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:20 PM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,022
Points: 23,692
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
Who the fuck cares about how tall he is? That's irrelevant to any point being made in this thread first of all. Second of all, Rey came back expecting a Shawn Michaels-like contract with limited dates, to my knowledge not citing injuries Rey has worked pretty much every TV taping and PPV since he was signed what did you expect to happen here? You're totally reaching for reasons to shit on the guy. I stand by this being 100% on WWE, he signed a two year contract, but two years of a WWE schedule is still two years of full-time work for a 40 year old man with fucked knees. That is insanity.
You're directing his injuries on the WWE and not the fact that he is the smallest guy not Drake on the roster. How do you know he expected a Michaels run? He isn't even 5 leagues below Michaels and I hate HBK lmao. If he expected to work less he should have had it in his contract. You don't just 'expect' things when you start working anywhere. I don't feel like working Mondays. I guess since I expected 4 day work weeks my company should oblige. You're making shit up to piss on WWE right now. I love to shit on the company when it makes sense, but this is fanboyism. Lol @ Michaels and Rey fucking Mysterio in the same sentence.
Therapy and Chris JeriG.O.A.T like this.
bradatar is offline  
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,249
Points: 13,829
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
You're directing his injuries on the WWE and not the fact that he is the smallest guy not Drake on the roster. How do you know he expected a Michaels run? He isn't even 5 leagues below Michaels and I hate HBK lmao. If he expected to work less he should have had it in his contract. You don't just 'expect' things when you start working anywhere. I don't feel like working Mondays. I guess since I expected 4 day work weeks my company should oblige. You're making shit up to piss on WWE right now. I love to shit on the company when it makes sense, but this is fanboyism. Lol @ Michaels and Rey fucking Mysterio in the same sentence.
Jesus you can’t possibly be this bad. You completely missed my meaning of “Michaels-like contract” even though I made it a point to iterate what I meant with “limited dates”, stop talking thanks. Then you have the fucking nerve to call me a fan boy after the level of gotten to you put on display because you thought I was comparing the two talent wise or some shit fucking hell .
TommyWCECM likes this.
Vic is offline  
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:31 PM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,326
Points: 42,121
                     
Re: Thoughts on REY getting squashed?

Rey isn't over and hasn't been for any of this run sans a couple of matches with Andrade, what should he be doing besides getting squashed?

I get it, he's a GOAT, but he's a workrate guy who can't stay healthy and is drawing crickets; there's 110 guys in the company and 95% of them can't get regular TV time, why waste it on a guy with no upside?

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome