Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36 - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 97Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:52 AM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post


The women's match was one of the worst WrestleMania main events of all time, rivaling XI, 13, 2000, 22, XXV, XXVII, and 32. You want anything similar to that again?
Iíd want to see a 1-on-1. If it were kept that way with Becky vs Ronda and that match still turned to shit who cares. Men have had plenty of shit WM main events. Does that suddenly mean that they should no longer book men into that spot? Thatís stupid.
Papadoc81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:55 AM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
I’d want to see a 1-on-1. If it were kept that way with Becky vs Ronda and that match still turned to shit who cares. Men have had plenty of shit WM main events. Does that suddenly mean that they should no longer book men into that spot? That’s stupid.
Let me tell you what's stupid: booking physically inferior performers into the top spot. If you were coaching the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals, would you remove Steph Curry and put in a WNBA player? If not, why not?

Oh, I can't wait for this one.


Last edited by Strike Force; 06-10-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Strike Force is offline  
post #83 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,852
Points: 6,660
                     
Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Yeah I know, you'd think realistically everyone would want to headline and main event WM right? Well I dont know now.

Its been said today's superstars dont have that drive,ambition, or fire to be top marquee guy or main event status. Vince McMahon I believe himself said this on Stone Cold's podcast a couple year's back.

And this is Becky Lynch. Becky seems the type of person that WANTS that spot.

Lets say for instance Ruby Riott. Im a fan of Ruby. Im speculating here but Ruby seems like the type of person to me who would be like " Hey if they give me the main event of WM, cool. If not, im not gonna beg,cry,pled,holler,argue for it."

Where Becky Lynch seems to be rhat type of person who would. She would march to Vince McMahon's office and tell him "I deserve to main event WM,again." And she would list all the reasons why she deserves it. She strikes me as that kind of person. Her and Sasha
45banshee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:07 AM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Let me tell you what's stupid: booking physically inferior performers into the top spot. If you were coaching the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals, would you remove Steph Curry and put in a WNBA player? If not, why not?

Oh, I can't wait for this one.
The WM main event is NOT gender exclusive. End of story. Have the women not put on great matches? Yes or no? The answer is yes, therefore no excuse can be made that with the right players, the women could put on a barn burner of a match same as the men.
Papadoc81 is offline  
post #85 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:13 AM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
The WM main event is NOT gender exclusive. End of story. Have the women not put on great matches? Yes or no? The answer is yes, therefore no excuse can be made that with the right players, the women could put on a barn burner of a match same as the men.
First off, since you can't manage the English language, you managed to undermine yourself and actually said that the women have NOT put on great matches. Read it again. You kids are adorable.

Back on point...you ignored my question, so I'll repeat it:

If you were coaching the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals, would you remove Steph Curry and put in a WNBA player? If not, why not?

Women should be the main event when they've proven to be equal to or superior to the men. That hasn't happened, and will never happen, because men have biological/physiological advantages. There's a reason any fairly athletic man would be the best in the world in a women's league/sport.

Put the SJW shit aside and be objective. That match was a disaster, and its only competition for worst WrestleMania ME of all time is a match featuring a football player, a match with two seven footers that was booked weeks in advance, a McMahon-driven four-way clusterfuck, and a non-match that was purely a set-up for the next year's show. Go ladies!


Last edited by Strike Force; 06-10-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Strike Force is offline  
post #86 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Favourite(s): Scarlett Bordeaux, Lacey Evans, Y2J, MJF, MOX
Posts: 4,891
Points: 14,806
                     
Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45banshee View Post
Yeah I know, you'd think realistically everyone would want to headline and main event WM right? Well I dont know now.

Its been said today's superstars dont have that drive,ambition, or fire to be top marquee guy or main event status. Vince McMahon I believe himself said this on Stone Cold's podcast a couple year's back.

And this is Becky Lynch. Becky seems the type of person that WANTS that spot.

Lets say for instance Ruby Riott. Im a fan of Ruby. Im speculating here but Ruby seems like the type of person to me who would be like " Hey if they give me the main event of WM, cool. If not, im not gonna beg,cry,pled,holler,argue for it."

Where Becky Lynch seems to be rhat type of person who would. She would march to Vince McMahon's office and tell him "I deserve to main event WM,again." And she would list all the reasons why she deserves it. She strikes me as that kind of person. Her and Sasha
He would laugh at Becky and tell her the 3rd match on the card is such good shit.
nWo4Lyfe420 is offline  
post #87 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:36 AM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
First off, since you can't manage the English language, you managed to undermine yourself and actually said that the women have NOT put on great matches. Read it again. You kids are adorable.

Back on point...you ignored my question, so I'll repeat it:

If you were coaching the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals, would you remove Steph Curry and put in a WNBA player? If not, why not?

Women should be the main event when they've proven to be equal to or superior to the men. That hasn't happened, and will never happen, because men have biological/physiological advantages. There's a reason any fairly athletic man would be the best in the world in a women's league/sport.

Put the SJW shit aside and be objective. That match was a disaster, and its only competition for worst WrestleMania ME of all time is a match featuring a football player, a match with two seven footers that was booked weeks in advance, a McMahon-driven four-way clusterfuck, and a non-match that was purely a set-up for the next year's show. Go ladies!
I donít care if theyíre equal or more athletic than men. Thatís not even up for discussion. All I care about is that Iíve seen plenty of great matches by women in and outside of WWE. Donít need any more proof than that. So if another womenís angle becomes the talk of WWE come mania season then by all means put it in the main event. Sure the unwritten rule was the men automatically get the final match, but that went out the window this past Wrestlemania. Vince has opened Pandoraís box and there ainít no closing it no matter how much you wanna whine about it. Deal with it.
Papadoc81 is offline  
post #88 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:48 AM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
I don’t care if they’re equal or more athletic than men. That’s not even up for discussion.
Hey, there's no accounting for a total lack of taste or standards. You may not care, but those of us that only want to see the best actually do care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
All I care about is that I’ve seen plenty of great matches by women in and outside of WWE.
No one's disputing that, and that's not the argument. You're missing the point. Mickie James v. Trish Stratus is one of my 100 favorite matches of all time; doesn't mean it should have been the main event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
So if another women’s angle becomes the talk of WWE come mania season then by all means put it in the main event
It was the talk of historically plummeting ratings, I'll tell you that much. I tried to get my lapsed fan friends to get together to watch WrestleMania, and when they found out what the main event was, they laughed. And they were proven correct. We went out partying instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
Vince has opened Pandora’s box and there ain’t no closing it no matter how much you wanna whine about it. Deal with it.
No one's whining. Stop acting as mature as my five-year-old son, and get a grip on your life.

Here's a reality check: the women will not main event WrestleMania for at least the next twenty years because it was proven to be a mistake. I know it, WWE knows it, and the people who really know what's going on know it. YOU deal with it.



Last edited by Strike Force; 06-10-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Strike Force is offline  
post #89 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,852
Points: 6,660
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Lyfe420 View Post
He would laugh at Becky and tell her the 3rd match on the card is such good shit.

Least it wont be the preshow anymore like two years ago!

I see a lot of you guys commenting maybe if Ronda comes back. Becky said she wants to main event 36 without Ronda. Think she's trying to prove she can get there without Ronda
45banshee is offline  
post #90 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:21 AM
zrc
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In Jungle Boy's Treehouse
Posts: 17,345
Points: 71,300
                     
Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Without ROnda it isn't happening, so keep wanting.
zrc is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome