Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36 - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 97Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:25 AM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Hey, there's no accounting for a total lack of taste or standards. You may not care, but those of us that only want to see the best actually do care.



No one's disputing that, and that's not the argument. You're missing the point. Mickie James v. Trish Stratus is one of my 100 favorite matches of all time; doesn't mean it should have been the main event.



It was the talk of historically plummeting ratings, I'll tell you that much. I tried to get my lapsed fan friends to get together to watch WrestleMania, and when they found out what the main event was, they laughed. And they were proven correct. We went out partying instead.



No one's whining. Stop acting as mature as my five-year-old son, and get a grip on your life.

Here's a reality check: the women will not main event WrestleMania for at least the next twenty years because it was proven to be a mistake. I know it, WWE knows it, and the people who really know what's going on know it. YOU deal with it.

So what? Youíre under impression that Iím gonna lose my mind if they donít. I donít have the energy to care about WWE like that. My opinion is that whatever is the hottest feud going should man event. Only thing I hope for is that it happens to have a world title involved. The players donít really matter. But a feud is a rare thing in WWE. If the women happen to catch lightning in a bottle again come next years WM. Creative be damned. Then so be it.
Papadoc81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:31 AM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
So what? Youíre under impression that Iím gonna lose my mind if they donít. I donít have the energy to care about WWE like that.
Nope. I'm just having a discussion. Don't put words in my mouth or pretend to know what I'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
My opinion is that whatever is the hottest feud going should man event. Only thing I hope for is that it happens to have a world title involved. The players donít really matter. But a feud is a rare thing in WWE. If the women happen to catch lightning in a bottle again come next years WM. Creative be damned. Then so be it.


That lack of nuance sets you up for failure. The "heat" of the feud is just one part of determining the main event - you also need a combination of performers that can put on a great match.

WrestleMania XXV is the perfect example of this. By your rationale, HHH/Orton was the correct main event because it was easily the most heated feud going into the show. Unfortunately, HHH and Orton have never had great in-ring chemistry and the paramaters of the match turned it into one of the worst main events in the show's history.

Gee, I wonder if there was another match on that show that, while it wasn't the hottest feud going in, had the right combination of ingredients to make for a legendary show-closer? Can you think of one? I'm struggling to come up with it.

Oh, that's right. One of the greatest matches of all time.



Nuance, people. Nuance.

Strike Force is offline  
post #93 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 AM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Nope. I'm just having a discussion. Don't put words in my mouth or pretend to know what I'm thinking.





That lack of nuance sets you up for failure. The "heat" of the feud is just one part of determining the main event - you also need a combination of performers that can put on a great match.

WrestleMania XXV is the perfect example of this. By your rationale, HHH/Orton was the correct main event because it was easily the most heated feud going into the show. Unfortunately, HHH and Orton have never had great in-ring chemistry and the paramaters of the match turned it into one of the worst main events in the show's history.

Gee, I wonder if there was another match on that show that, while it wasn't the hottest feud going in, had the right combination of ingredients to make for a legendary show-closer? Can you think of one? I'm struggling to come up with it.

Oh, that's right. One of the greatest matches of all time.



Nuance, people. Nuance.
Over 30 wms and 1 of them is suppose to prove your point. Youíre gonna need a much bigger sample size than that.
Papadoc81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:50 AM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
Over 30 wms and 1 of them is suppose to prove your point. Youíre gonna need a much bigger sample size than that.
That's not how debate works, tiger. You made a simplistic generalization (the hottest feud should main event), I debunked it with a nuanced counterpoint. Now it's your turn to retort. Didn't join the debate team in college, I take it?

Strike Force is offline  
post #95 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,852
Points: 6,660
                     
Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

I thought about this a little since Becky wants to do this without Ronda.

The only one I can think to possibly main event with Becky is Sasha.

The Man Becky Lynch agaisnt heel bitchy Sasha can be straight fire stuff. Give those two a mic and let them go off on each other it would get us hyped.

I dont think Becky and Sasha ever had a proper one on one feud unless it was in the early days of NXT.

This is only womens match up I can think for Becky to be main event WM worthy caliber
45banshee is offline  
post #96 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:45 PM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
That's not how debate works, tiger. You made a simplistic generalization (the hottest feud should main event), I debunked it with a nuanced counterpoint. Now it's your turn to retort. Didn't join the debate team in college, I take it?
This is no debate. I stated my opinion and you havenít change my mind for a second. The way I see it. The hottest feud should go on last and hopefully the top title is involved but itís ok if it isnít. The thing with WWE is they rarely have a truly hot feud anymore. Becky & Ronda definitely qualified though. And it just so happened to fall in line for WM. Now could they have went with Daniel & Kofi. Sure, but I would have chosen the ladies because imo why should they be penalized for WWE creative incompetence. I donít care if itís women or men. I donít care what makes more money. I donít make a cent from it. All I care is what will be more entertaining. You donít care for womenís wrestling? Well I love it as much as the menís. I donít discriminate.
Papadoc81 is offline  
post #97 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:16 PM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
This is no debate. I stated my opinion and you haven’t change my mind for a second. The way I see it. The hottest feud should go on last and hopefully the top title is involved but it’s ok if it isn’t.
Hey, if you like crap and awfulness, you're entitled to it, and the chicks gave it to you in the main event at WrestleMania. I'll stay over here on the right side of the street; you, please, for the love of god, stay on yours.

Strike Force is offline  
post #98 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:33 PM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
Hey, if you like crap and awfulness, you're entitled to it, and the chicks gave it to you in the main event at WrestleMania. I'll stay over here on the right side of the street; you, please, for the love of god, stay on yours.
I was doing just fine on my side of the street before you decided to cross over and bug me with your ďwomen can never be as good as menĒ rant. FYI, I havenít even watched any part of the last WM. Thatís how little Iím motivated to go out of my way to watch WWE.
Papadoc81 is offline  
post #99 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:36 PM
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
 
Strike Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,129
Points: 10,159
                     
kobe Re: Becky wants to main event WrestleMania 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
I was doing just fine on my side of the street before you decided to cross over and bug me with your ďwomen can never be as good as menĒ rant.
There was no rant, child. This is a discussion forum. If you're not looking for discussion, go away. Consider it your community service for the day - trust me, the community will be thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc81 View Post
FYI, I havenít even watched any part of the last WM. Thatís how little Iím motivated to go out of my way to watch WWE.
Wait...you haven't even watched the match?!?


Strike Force is offline  
post #100 of 130 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:49 PM
 
Papadoc81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,191
Points: 6,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Force View Post
There was no rant, child. This is a discussion forum. If you're not looking for discussion, go away. Consider it your community service for the day - trust me, the community will be thankful.



Wait...you haven't even watched the match?!?

Yes please be finished. Your ďI hate womenís wrestlingĒ act is old. Find a new gimmick.
Papadoc81 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome