Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 1074Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 06:38 PM
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
 
MarkyWhipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 10,243
Points: 33,102
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJQ View Post
That makes one of you
And you know i'm d*mn proud of it
TJQ likes this.





All Time Favorites: 1.)Steve Austin 2.)Adam Cole 3.)Chris Jericho
Currents: TUE, Moxley, Naito, Switchblade, Ziggler, Ripley, Lacey & Royce.
MarkyWhipwreck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
Zatiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,499
Points: 1,256
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Adam Cole does nothing for me in NJPW. Kind of a funny act in PWG with below average main events, but good stuff in tags. In NJPW, though, he had Kyle O'Reilly's least interesting match. He wrestles like he's nothing more than superkicks and a catch phrase. I don't watch ROH regularly, but never found him compelling in a way where I'd rather import him than Matt Riddle, Jeff Cobb, Elgin, Bryan Cage, the Bucks, Dalton Castle, Fenix, Pentagon Jr., or a bunch of other guys.
TJQ and maxninepower like this.
Zatiel is offline  
post #23 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:57 PM
TJQ
Midcard Minivan
 
TJQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 6,652
Points: 12,087
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatiel View Post
Matt Riddle.
Matt Riddle in G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
I'd rather state right now Joshi ranking in quality in order: Ice Ribbon(very good, closest in consistency, fun, good pairings)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
Ice Ribbon is my favorite promotion, so I'm happy to see a post like this
l
Got any big match/show recommendations from this year? I've seen the promotion mentioned a few times in the last few months since I've st arted getting more into Joshi stuff but I've never seen anything heavily recommended from there. Primarily been Stardom/Sendai Girls/Oz that I've been recommended, but I'm always looking to expand .

TJQ is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:26 PM
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
 
Mordecay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In the heads of the "Name 3 Things..." regulars
Posts: 14,272
Points: 117,028
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Some from one of the most underrated guys in wrestling today, a Stone Pitbull killing people


SUPPORTING ONE HALF OF THE IICONICS, THE AUSSIE GODDESS, ONE HALF OF THE WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS PEYTON ROYCE


Also supporting

OKADA, OMEGA, ISHII, SANE, ADAM COLE
Mordecay is offline  
post #25 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:30 PM
Asking JAMES ELLSWORTH for Wrestling Advice
 
maxninepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 276
Points: 832
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Free match monday! Juice is dead


Darkness Satan 666
maxninepower is offline  
post #26 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
TeflonDixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dixieland
Posts: 164
Points: 505
                 
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Some from one of the most underrated guys in wrestling today, a Stone Pitbull killing people

His NJ cup match with Omega was pretty special. He gives me big Taz vibes, which can only be a good thing

I'm with a few that Cole doesn't really fit NJPW, besides being another body in tag matches. He's a great talent, just his style looks so odd in the promotion.

So who would be your guys to watch/you want pushed in 2017, excluding the obvious.

My Top Three:

Evil - Has a very marketable character and moves unbelievably well for a big guy. Tanahashi has done a great job making him a star. There's nobody on the roster like him, and with his age there's so much upside to him. If they move Naito up the card, Evil would be a good guy to take over.

-------
Sanada - Has it all. A one of a kind athlete, who can move like a Jr but has the size to pull off some pretty fantastic power moves. He's suffered due to politics, but if they ever pull the trigger I think Sanada could be pretty big as a babyface. I think he has a lot of understated charisma, which gets masked with the restrictive character he plays.

----------
Tiger Mask W - Ibushi

What the hell, he's far too good to be in these low-card tag matches. He needs to be right at the top of the card. Its crazy he not had a run with the top belt yet. Probably Top 5 best worker in the company. Omega, Tanahashi, Naito, Okada and Ibushi. New Japan have some crazy talent even with the loss of Styles, Nakamura and possibly Shibata.
TeflonDixie is offline  
post #27 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:33 AM
ABSOLVE.
 
Pizzamorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Moustache Mountain.
Posts: 3,234
Points: 10,114
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

I'm so confused.

We asked for a NJPW section. They said no, unstickied the Puro threads, made new identical threads with slightly different names, went back and locked the puro threads and then pinned these?

What?

Why?
DudeLove669 likes this.


DEATHRIDER

I also talking about wrestling on my Twitter if you want to follow me or whatever...
Pizzamorg is offline  
post #28 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
 
Mordecay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In the heads of the "Name 3 Things..." regulars
Posts: 14,272
Points: 117,028
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonDixie View Post
Tiger Mask W - Ibushi

What the hell, he's far too good to be in these low-card tag matches. He needs to be right at the top of the card. Its crazy he not had a run with the top belt yet. Probably Top 5 best worker in the company. Omega, Tanahashi, Naito, Okada and Ibushi. New Japan have some crazy talent even with the loss of Styles, Nakamura and possibly Shibata.
They won't push Ibushi until he signs a full time deal and he doesn't want one, with any company

SUPPORTING ONE HALF OF THE IICONICS, THE AUSSIE GODDESS, ONE HALF OF THE WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS PEYTON ROYCE


Also supporting

OKADA, OMEGA, ISHII, SANE, ADAM COLE
Mordecay is offline  
post #29 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,366
Points: 7,152
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonDixie View Post
His NJ cup match with Omega was pretty special. He gives me big Taz vibes, which can only be a good thing

I'm with a few that Cole doesn't really fit NJPW, besides being another body in tag matches. He's a great talent, just his style looks so odd in the promotion.

So who would be your guys to watch/you want pushed in 2017, excluding the obvious.

My Top Three:

Evil - Has a very marketable character and moves unbelievably well for a big guy. Tanahashi has done a great job making him a star. There's nobody on the roster like him, and with his age there's so much upside to him. If they move Naito up the card, Evil would be a good guy to take over.

-------
Sanada - Has it all. A one of a kind athlete, who can move like a Jr but has the size to pull off some pretty fantastic power moves. He's suffered due to politics, but if they ever pull the trigger I think Sanada could be pretty big as a babyface. I think he has a lot of understated charisma, which gets masked with the restrictive character he plays.

----------
Tiger Mask W - Ibushi

What the hell, he's far too good to be in these low-card tag matches. He needs to be right at the top of the card. Its crazy he not had a run with the top belt yet. Probably Top 5 best worker in the company. Omega, Tanahashi, Naito, Okada and Ibushi. New Japan have some crazy talent even with the loss of Styles, Nakamura and possibly Shibata.
Can Sanada and Evil aspire to much though under Naito? They had good showings at the New Japan Cup but I'd imagine they are fairly limited in challenging for the title unless they go after the Intercontinental IF Juice wins over Naito. I'm not too well versed in the Never Openweight so maybe they could go for that?
Desecrated is offline  
post #30 of 3116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:23 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,600
Points: 20,075
                     
Re: Official Japanese Wrestling Discussion Thread

my head hurts after reading the rules of the DG Dead or Alive cage match.
RKing85 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome