WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S.'ing THE NUMBERS. - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 159Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:51 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 735
Points: 2,330
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

500k
xio8ups is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 02:03 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 738
Points: 1,872
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Some people in here bashing them for getting this number..."thats what Miz´s show draws"...and when they proved wrong they still just talk shit...

anyways good start and people shouldnt fear "this will be just a combat show with no segments". this was their first show, they had to start with something. I think we will see much more different stuff over the next weeks. I really hope they can maintain this number or even increase, as the overall feedback in social media was quite positive.
fabi1982 is offline  
post #53 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 02:46 AM
 
PhenomenalOne11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 108
Points: 328
             
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

And of course people on here can't be happy that NXT did well. Making up excuses "But they didn't give new fans a reason to tune in next week!!" Bullshit. That was a great first episode. People just can't be happy when WWE does something right because it goes against the clear anti-WWE circlejerk here. Do I hope AEW does well? Yeah I do, I want all wrestling companies to do well. But do I want it done at the expense of another? Not at all. I hope NXT continues these good ratings.
PhenomenalOne11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:12 AM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,404
Points: 45,448
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wood View Post
Great number and they introduced some great acts. They built to plenty. On USA they established a contender and a Women’s Title match, an interesting act in Cameron Grimes and did a title change and presented a villainous unit that holds all the gold.

On the Network they set up WALTER vs. KUSHIDA, Lio Rush challenging for the Cruiserweight Title and basically did the Tupelo Concession Stand Brawl. How the fuck is that indy? There were no jokes, no silly gimmicks (maybe some underdeveloped ones), a variety of matches and lots of people I want to see more of. Especially fucking WALTER, Matt Riddle and Velveteen Dream.

If the numbers are lower next week, it will be sad and proof that they didn’t really hit a nerve like I thought they would, but I expect them to be slightly up.
It's indy wrestling because there were no promos, no characters besides Dream, no storylines and no motivations for anything that happened, it's just wrestling and since 99% of the roster comes from the indies how's it any different than one of the serious indies like Evolve?

If you were a casual watching NXT for the first time did you get to know anybody on the show? We learned that the ring is sacred for Walter and Imperium and that was about it. Did you see the AOP vignettes this week? They spent 1 minute of tv time and told who they are, what they've done, why they've been gone and what they plan on doing, if you haven't been watching NXT you don't know that stuff about literally anybody on the show. How are new viewers supposed to get invested in anybody? It's not like anybody in NXT has an amazing look, presence and charisma that will immediately capture somebody's interest.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is offline  
post #55 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:13 AM
 
MarkOfAllMarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,565
Points: 5,576
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

lol 1 mil is pretty sorry

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Saved by Jesus
MarkOfAllMarks is offline  
post #56 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:46 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 738
Points: 1,872
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris JeriG.O.A.T View Post
It's indy wrestling because there were no promos, no characters besides Dream, no storylines and no motivations for anything that happened, it's just wrestling and since 99% of the roster comes from the indies how's it any different than one of the serious indies like Evolve?

If you were a casual watching NXT for the first time did you get to know anybody on the show? We learned that the ring is sacred for Walter and Imperium and that was about it. Did you see the AOP vignettes this week? They spent 1 minute of tv time and told who they are, what they've done, why they've been gone and what they plan on doing, if you haven't been watching NXT you don't know that stuff about literally anybody on the show. How are new viewers supposed to get invested in anybody? It's not like anybody in NXT has an amazing look, presence and charisma that will immediately capture somebody's interest.
Honestly I liked that they went the way of not handling it as episode 1 and didnt introduce everyone. Mauro and Nigel did a wonderful job replacing promos as they told us everything about the wrestlers while wrestling. BTW this commentary team is one trillion miles better than everyone else.

So they had one show and had to do something. If it would be mostly promos and segments everyone in here would have said "oh look thats Vince". And they just had one hour basically, as I dont count the 2nd hour as it was on the network. So they had to bust their asses to make sure people not switch channels, so they HAD to do lots of wrestling and keeping the crowd alive so people infront of the TV stay full of energy.

Honestly I am watching wrestling for 20 years and this is the most energetic I was since the summer of Punk and even then RAW couldnt keep me on my feet for an hour straight.
fabi1982 is offline  
post #57 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:05 AM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15,404
Points: 45,448
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalOne11 View Post
And of course people on here can't be happy that NXT did well. Making up excuses "But they didn't give new fans a reason to tune in next week!!" Bullshit. That was a great first episode. People just can't be happy when WWE does something right because it goes against the clear anti-WWE circlejerk here. Do I hope AEW does well? Yeah I do, I want all wrestling companies to do well. But do I want it done at the expense of another? Not at all. I hope NXT continues these good ratings.
Lol I might be the only person to get called a WWE apologist and an anti-WWE circle jerker. I give WWE credit when I think they did something right and I criticize them when I think they did something wrong, NXT's debut had some good wrestling but I only cared because I have long term investment in some of these people's careers, not because NXT compelled me to care.

Take the women's fatal 4 way, all of them are losers and have already been beaten by Shayna, none of them should've even been in contendership but since they were, they should've addressed them losing and explain why this time will be different, they could've built up the match, made a story out of it and gave us a reason to root for somebody specific. A 30 second promo from each girl to give us a reason to believe they could possibly contend with Shayna, but they didn't do that. If that was your first time watching do you have any reason to be excited that Candice won instead of the other 3?

People give Raw shit for the constant recaps and the 20 minute promos but when you turn on Raw they catch you up on the major stories and they try to let you get to know the important players, the 20 minute scripted promos are bad but you know what somebody is all about after one.

Why can't NXT do a 3 minute unscripted promo? Even with the one promo of the show all Walter said is that to Imperium the ring is sacred, does that mean they're going to beat up everybody they think disrespects the ring? Should I have to guess that when he could've just said it? And if that's the case, then why is Imperium's first feud against Kushida instead of the Street Profits?

NXT's good matches let's HHH get a pass on the horrible booking, illogical story progression, and a complete lack of characters and promos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabi1982 View Post
Honestly I liked that they went the way of not handling it as episode 1 and didnt introduce everyone. Mauro and Nigel did a wonderful job replacing promos as they told us everything about the wrestlers while wrestling. BTW this commentary team is one trillion miles better than everyone else.

So they had one show and had to do something. If it would be mostly promos and segments everyone in here would have said "oh look thats Vince". And they just had one hour basically, as I dont count the 2nd hour as it was on the network. So they had to bust their asses to make sure people not switch channels, so they HAD to do lots of wrestling and keeping the crowd alive so people infront of the TV stay full of energy.

Honestly I am watching wrestling for 20 years and this is the most energetic I was since the summer of Punk and even then RAW couldnt keep me on my feet for an hour straight.
They had 1 hour but they wasted 5 minutes of it on an absolute garbage talent like Cameron Grimes in a squash match against Sean Maluta? That doesn't indicate a sense of urgency or a need to keep people from changing the channel.

In another thread I mentioned how HHH is using his amazing commentary team as a crutch to not have to do real storytelling. We can both agree they do a good job but you see it as a positive and I see it as a negative, why would I want to hear Nigel tell me what a wrestler is all about when he can tell me with his own words or with his mannerisms and in-ring psychology?

Take somebody like Drew McIntyre for instance, we always hear how he's a psychopath but when he gets in the ring you see him going for quick pin attempts instead of reveling in inflicting pain on his opponent. If NXT refuses to present their characters through promos and vignettes, then the least they can do is let the character be presented in-ring without the commentators having to spoon feed it to us.

I'm glad you're excited for wrestling but I'm an NXT OG, back when it was developmental it renewed my love for wrestling, and now that it's a fake Indy I'm less enthused than I have been since the first time I quit wrestling.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is offline  
post #58 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:19 AM
 
MarkOfAllMarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,565
Points: 5,576
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

LMAO they really gave Trevor Lee a cowboy gimmick. I was watching this shit like wtf did they do to this guy...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Saved by Jesus
MarkOfAllMarks is offline  
post #59 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:21 AM
 
Ucok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,037
Points: 6,010
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Let's hope this number not put Triple H on pressure to increase it in short time, give the time to develop, I don't care if the numbers down as long NXT can maintain the quality.

<b>“Swords are weapons. The way of swords is the way to kill. However you dress it up in righteousness, killing is your truth.”</b>
Ucok is offline  
post #60 of 229 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:29 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 738
Points: 1,872
                     
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris JeriG.O.A.T View Post
They had 1 hour but they wasted 5 minutes of it on an absolute garbage talent like Cameron Grimes in a squash match against Sean Maluta? That doesn't indicate a sense of urgency or a need to keep people from changing the channel.

In another thread I mentioned how HHH is using his amazing commentary team as a crutch to not have to do real storytelling. We can both agree they do a good job but you see it as a positive and I see it as a negative, why would I want to hear Nigel tell me what a wrestler is all about when he can tell me with his own words or with his mannerisms and in-ring psychology?

Take somebody like Drew McIntyre for instance, we always hear how he's a psychopath but when he gets in the ring you see him going for quick pin attempts instead of reveling in inflicting pain on his opponent. If NXT refuses to present their characters through promos and vignettes, then the least they can do is let the character be presented in-ring without the commentators having to spoon feed it to us.

I'm glad you're excited for wrestling but I'm an NXT OG, back when it was developmental it renewed my love for wrestling, and now that it's a fake Indy I'm less enthused than I have been since the first time I quit wrestling.
I started watching NXT when it changed from the "winner" thing to a weekly show and you still have to remember that it was never live and they always had the chance for weeks to change things, add things, remove things. This was their first live show. Would it have been better with a promo here and there? Yes. But they just had an hour (yes just an hour, as I dont count the network hour, as it had less urgency than the TV hour) and wanted to show a lot of stuff and the Grimes thing, I really liked. Something everyone always say in the RAW and SD forums, they need to utilize new talent and Grimes is (at least looking at the time he is in NXT). So I guess they want to portray him as a strong guy and he actually can cut a good promo too, so let him get to that. If they dont show him the next 3 weeks then I am with you.

So maybe we have to see the next two weeks how it plays out. Like others said, they cant keep up the pace because it will become boring when it is excitement all 2 hours, but they needed a starting point and I for one think they couldnt have made it better.

I get your point but calling it "a fake indy" after just one show, I guess that is the problem with todays people. See TBBT as example, crappling through the first season and became the most watched comedy for over a decade. I for one am the most excited for next weeks show. If they go the same way as this weeks, maybe I will get your point a little more, but I give them time to tell me the "whole" story of NXT.

Last edited by fabi1982; 09-20-2019 at 04:31 AM.
fabi1982 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome