Imperium Makes a Satement - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 20,277
Points: 62,980
                     
Imperium Makes a Satement





So let me be honest here. I'm not going to act like NXT UK has been some great show for WWE. It's not a bad show, but it's mostly an uninteresting show and not worth fully investing into.

However, good wrestling is still good wrestling. And when it happens, regardless of where it comes from, it should be highlighted.

In the latest episode of NXT UK, the team of Tyler Bate and Trent Seven, part of British Strong Style with Pete Dunne, took on the tag team champions James Drake and Zack Gibson in the main event with the belts on the line.

During a predictably fun match, the NXT UK Champion Walter lead his stable Imperium of Fabian Aichner, Marcel Barthel, and the reformed Alexander Wolfe to the ring to cause a DQ finish and absolutely destroy Bate and Seven.

Outnumbering Bate and Seven 4 to 2, Imperium decimated both men. They then took a set of handcuffs and used them to cuff Seven to the ring post. Not to inflict more punishment to him, but to make him watch while they put the finishing touches on Bate.

With Seven watching helplessly, Walter proceeded to Powerbomb Bate not once but twice onto the ring apron. And to finish him off, he Powerbombed him directly into the ring post. They ended the show with all 4 men posing on the apron, Bate in a crumpled heap on the floor, and Seven screaming for his friend and partner. And in the aftermath video, you see the damage inflicted on Bate and how much Seven cares.

Again, I'm not going to act like NXT UK is a hot show. But this felt like a hot angle. Walter and company absolutely destroying people and seeing the pain that not only Bate was going through, but the pain in Seven watching his friend being destroyed and being powerless to stop it. It' something that doesn't turn the show around for me, but it is something that makes me go "that's good stuff, and I want to see what happens next."

TD Stinger is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
 
Death Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,407
Points: 21,847
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

Might have to tune in to see where this goes. That video was brutal man
DammitC and TD Stinger like this.



IT FUCKING HAPPENED


Death Rider is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:29 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,321
Points: 24,450
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

That was fantastic. Haven't seen a savage heel stable beat down in a long time at least in WWE
TommyWCECM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:32 AM
 
ellthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 15,453
Points: 32,800
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

Imperium are one of the most intimidating stables to come out from WWE in a long time. And the highlight of NxTUK which in itself hasn't been that great. I love how just plain big and dominant these guys all are.

Or as Vince would say "There's a lot of beef in that ring"
DammitC likes this.


Last edited by ellthom; 07-05-2019 at 05:34 AM.
ellthom is online now  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:27 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 8
Points: 42
 
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

It was an incredible performance. Thank you for the memories.
DammitC likes this.
Samuel Ochoa is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:34 AM
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: on the lone road
Posts: 5,647
Points: 19,214
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post




So let me be honest here. I'm not going to act like NXT UK has been some great show for WWE. It's not a bad show, but it's mostly an uninteresting show and not worth fully investing into.

However, good wrestling is still good wrestling. And when it happens, regardless of where it comes from, it should be highlighted.

In the latest episode of NXT UK, the team of Tyler Bate and Trent Seven, part of British Strong Style with Pete Dunne, took on the tag team champions James Drake and Zack Gibson in the main event with the belts on the line.

During a predictably fun match, the NXT UK Champion Walter lead his stable Imperium of Fabian Aichner, Marcel Barthel, and the reformed Alexander Wolfe to the ring to cause a DQ finish and absolutely destroy Bate and Seven.

Outnumbering Bate and Seven 4 to 2, Imperium decimated both men. They then took a set of handcuffs and used them to cuff Seven to the ring post. Not to inflict more punishment to him, but to make him watch while they put the finishing touches on Bate.

With Seven watching helplessly, Walter proceeded to Powerbomb Bate not once but twice onto the ring apron. And to finish him off, he Powerbombed him directly into the ring post. They ended the show with all 4 men posing on the apron, Bate in a crumpled heap on the floor, and Seven screaming for his friend and partner. And in the aftermath video, you see the damage inflicted on Bate and how much Seven cares.

Again, I'm not going to act like NXT UK is a hot show. But this felt like a hot angle. Walter and company absolutely destroying people and seeing the pain that not only Bate was going through, but the pain in Seven watching his friend being destroyed and being powerless to stop it. It' something that doesn't turn the show around for me, but it is something that makes me go "that's good stuff, and I want to see what happens next."
Please take this in the spirit intended, bro. I sorta hate you right now posting this, because now I REALLY have to see what my dudes WALTER and Dieter have been doing to the B I G S T R O N G B O I S

Also, need to see what insanity Ilja has been up to.


LAST OF A DYING BREED
Donnie is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 20,277
Points: 62,980
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Please take this in the spirit intended, bro. I sorta hate you right now posting this, because now I REALLY have to see what my dudes WALTER and Dieter have been doing to the B I G S T R O N G B O I S

Also, need to see what insanity Ilja has been up to.
Ilja's been squashing dudes.

Imperium have had one match against BSS where Imperium won thanks to Wolfe. Up until now the main issue has been with Dunne and Walter, but now obviously that's been ratcheted up a level.

Maybe if they can stretch this out enough, BSS vs. Imperium could be the War Games match.
DammitC and Donnie like this.

TD Stinger is online now  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:54 AM
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: on the lone road
Posts: 5,647
Points: 19,214
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
Ilja's been squashing dudes.

Imperium have had one match against BSS where Imperium won thanks to Wolfe. Up until now the main issue has been with Dunne and Walter, but now obviously that's been ratcheted up a level.

Maybe if they can stretch this out enough, BSS vs. Imperium could be the War Games match.
Sounds good.
DammitC likes this.


LAST OF A DYING BREED
Donnie is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:28 AM
 
DetroitRiverPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,736
Points: 13,729
                     
Re: Imperium Makes a Satement

Walter let the NXT UK belt get stepped on as part of an indie angle against a non-wwe/anti-wwe wrestler. Could be interesting how WWE deals with that - just a talking to, or does he drop the title.
DetroitRiverPhx is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:00 AM
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
 
Death Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,407
Points: 21,847
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Please take this in the spirit intended, bro. I sorta hate you right now posting this, because now I REALLY have to see what my dudes WALTER and Dieter have been doing to the B I G S T R O N G B O I S

Also, need to see what insanity Ilja has been up to.
Ilja's been squashing dudes.

Imperium have had one match against BSS where Imperium won thanks to Wolfe. Up until now the main issue has been with Dunne and Walter, but now obviously that's been ratcheted up a level.

Maybe if they can stretch this out enough, BSS vs. Imperium could be the War Games match.
Holy shit. Would be the 4th man for BSS though?



IT FUCKING HAPPENED


Death Rider is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome