Five NXT Stars get New Names - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:46 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,231
Points: 3,293
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

I thought Trevor Lee was a big enough star outside of the WWE to keep his name. Havent been watching NXT lately so im not sure what kind of gimmick they’re trying with him
ObsoleteMule is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:53 AM
 
Ninja Hedgehog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,422
Points: 5,603
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.O. View Post
Fuck out of here Eric Bugenhagen was an awesome name.
Yeah it was!

It's ok though, had he ever made it to the main roster, Vince would have just changed it to Eric anyway
L.I.O. and Chris JeriG.O.A.T like this.

Ninja Hedgehog is offline  
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:18 AM
J-B
Back where we belong!
 
J-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,578
Points: 9,587
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Rik Bugez is what he refers to himself as on his youtube channel so it was probably his call to change his name, I ain't got a problem with it.

J-B is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:22 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 320
Points: 1,044
               
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

I think Arturo Ruas is a great name actually.

Cameron Grimes though? LOL Honestly, I don't know what they're going to do with Trevor Lee. Have him join the Forgotten Sons? Lmao.

Can someone buy me premium so I can have .gif signatures

Pretty please

Raye is online now  
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:40 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,231
Points: 2,811
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxQueenOfXtremexx View Post
The following WWE NXT contracted talents have received new official ring names:

Adrian Jaoude is now Arturo Ruas.

Former Impact star Trevor Lee has been rechristened Cameron Grimes.

Jessie Elaban will be known as Jessi Kamea going forward.

Luke Menzies has been named Ridge Holland.

Eric Bugenhagen will be known going forward as Rik Bugez

~ PWInsider
Ruas is easier to say than Jaoude so that's a plus. However, Adrian Ruas would have rolled off the tongue so much better than Arturo.

Grimes actually fits him... Cameron? Not so much. But I guess he wanted to pay homage to his hometown.

Elaban, Kamea, pretty much a wash....dropping the e suits her character

Luke Menzies, Ridge Holland, indifferent to either name

I thought Eric Bugenhagen was a cool name, but the shortened version isn't so bad, so whatever.

Overall on these new names? Meh... don't hate it. Don't love it...
Cabanarama is offline  
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:37 AM
zrc
AEW's resident bitch
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jungle Boy's underwear
Posts: 16,344
Points: 66,233
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanarama View Post
Ruas is easier to say than Jaoude so that's a plus. However, Adrian Ruas would have rolled off the tongue so much better than Arturo.

Grimes actually fits him... Cameron? Not so much. But I guess he wanted to pay homage to his hometown.

Elaban, Kamea, pretty much a wash....dropping the e suits her character

Luke Menzies, Ridge Holland, indifferent to either name

I thought Eric Bugenhagen was a cool name, but the shortened version isn't so bad, so whatever.

Overall on these new names? Meh... don't hate it. Don't love it...
Jessi doesn't have a gimmick anymore.
Chris JeriG.O.A.T likes this.
zrc is offline  
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:52 AM
 
ellthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 14,914
Points: 31,174
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Quote:
Eric Bugenhagen will be known going forward as Rik Bugez
Not sure how I feel about that.. Something about Eric Bugenhagen really suited him. Maybe if they changed it to Eric Bugez maybe. Eric always sounds better than Rik :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-B View Post
Rik Bugez is what he refers to himself as on his youtube channel so it was probably his call to change his name, I ain't got a problem with it.

I did not know that. The more you know :P


Last edited by ellthom; 06-04-2019 at 04:54 AM.
ellthom is offline  
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:22 AM
zrc
AEW's resident bitch
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jungle Boy's underwear
Posts: 16,344
Points: 66,233
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

If they ever reach the main roster they will be Grimes, Ruas, Jessi, Ridge and The Bugez anyway. Sounds like the members of a shitty 80s rock band.
zrc is offline  
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:08 AM
 
DetroitRiverPhx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,048
Points: 11,594
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Adrian Jaoude/Arturo Ruas is a 38yr old developmental.

Rik Bugez is definitely Bugenhagen's choice and it's a terrible one. You knew it was coming though given his YT vids. It's not a marketable name. Are his fans going to be called Buu-gers?

Ridge Holland - Ridge as a first name? Reminds me of Lift Sawyer and Cable Jones of failed developmental names past.
DetroitRiverPhx is offline  
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:12 AM
 
Ninja Hedgehog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,422
Points: 5,603
                     
Re: Five NXT Stars get New Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitRiverPhx View Post
Adrian Jaoude/Arturo Ruas is a 38yr old developmental.

Rik Bugez is definitely Bugenhagen's choice and it's a terrible one. You knew it was coming though given his YT vids. It's not a marketable name. Are his fans going to be called Buu-gers?

Ridge Holland - Ridge as a first name? Reminds me of Lift Sawyer and Cable Jones of failed developmental names past.
Test's fans were called Testicles so who knows. If you get someone who looks like Stacy Kiebler saying it, then it'll catch on.

Ninja Hedgehog is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome