Rules are mostly as they usually are, no flaming, no quoting role PMs, no talking about the game outside of this thread unless you have been given somewhere to do so, PM me if you're unsure of anything.
Rules specific to this game:
1. The game starts on night 0 where only curse word-related roles will be active.
2. Each night phase, a mafia-aligned traitor will curse a word from one of two categories I give them and from night 1 onwards they will also be asked to select a punishment word from the second category. If this player dies, the word will be cursed by a randomly selected player each night.
3. An independent-aligned player will choose 50% (rounded down) of the players in the game to be vulnerable to that curse word. The first of those players to post that word in the thread will be killed. Those that survive until the end of the day will be bulletproof the following night. If this independent player dies, everyone will become vulnerable to the word each day.
4. When both the traitor and indy are dead, no words will be cursed.
5. Any player who posts less than 10 times in a day/night cycle (e.g. across day 1 and night 1) will be vulnerable to BOTH the curse and punishment word the following day regardless of whether they are chosen or not. They will only become bulletproof at night if they are also chosen.
6. If a player who is vulnerable quotes a post where someone else has said the curse word, they will not die. Excessive quoting to try and avoid the word will result in warnings and further action if those are ignored.
7. All town roles are be Vanilla Townies or 1x roles.
8. Town are TOWN ALIGNED
9. No wincons or flavour are given in the role PMs but each alignment wins when all threats to their alignment are eliminated.
10. If a significant amount of day is eaten up between the time someone says the curse word and the time I post their flip, extensions may be awarded.
VT PM reads:
"You are a TOWN ALIGNED Vanilla Townie"
Other town PMs read:
"You are the TOWN ALIGNED [role name]
On one night during the game you may...[brief description of role]"