Favourite(s): Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit
Barry Presents: Who Goes There? The Thing From Another World MAFIA Game Thread
WHO GOES THERE?
THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD
The year is 1982... Some"thing" has come to Earth. Winter is beginning in the Antarctic wastelands and communications with the outside world will soon be cut off. A Norwegian Research station, known as Thule, has come across an ancient alien spaceship, as well as a life-form, frozen in a block of ice. Upon taking it back to their station, "it" broke loose. They soon discover that the Thing takes the shape of those it kills, using its blood to assimilate all life.
A few miles away, Outpost 31, a U.S. Antarctic Research Station, comes across a lone sled dog seemingly from nowhere. The caretaker, Clark, takes in the dog as one of his own. Soon, they realize something is very wrong with that dog... as it transforms into a... "thing" beyond human comprehension and kills some of the other Huskies. After disposing of it with fire, senior-biologist Dr. Blair deduces that same thing that the Norwegian group had. One of their people has been transformed into a "thing".
Now, two groups are stuck in the Antarctic, alone with all communications cut off from the rest of the world; the only thing keeping these terrified and paranoid humans company... is a "thing" among them, that will infect others. They must now ask themselves: who is human and who is not?
1. I'm attempting something a little different with this one. Instead of the usual 4/5/6 mafia members, there will be a set amount at the beginning of the game, and as it goes on, the Mafia has the potential to grow. To counteract this, the town will be given a set of scenarios every few days, in addition to the lynch during the day.
2. Days are 24 hours long, and Nights are 12.
3. The game will not be canon to the original movies. Just because you are a character that happens to be a Thing in the movie, does not mean you will be one in the game.
4. The two alignments are Human Aligned and The Thing Aligned.
Spoiler for Players:
1. Rop3 - RJ Macready (Human Aligned)
3. It's Bananas
4. Lawls - Needs to Be Banned Forever
5. Gambit - Nauls (Thing Aligned)
6. Rugrat - Childs (Human Aligned) [Killed N4]
7. Curry - Norris (Human Aligned) [Lynched Day 5]
8. Mikey Damage
9. Poyser - Clark (Thing Aligned)
10. Laughable Chimp
11. Jam - Windows (Thing Aligned)
12. The Lawyer Big Man
13. Odo - Kate Lloyd (Human Aligned)
14. Doddsy - Sam Carter (Human Aligned)
16. LethalWeapon - Adam Finch (Human Aligned) [Lynched D5]
22. A-C-P - Henrik Larsen (Human Aligned) [Lynched D6]
23. V. Skybox - Jonas (Human Aligned) [Lynched D3]
27. SavageX - Sandor Halvorson (Human Aligned) [Lynched D5]
Winter Has Fallen Upon The Stranded
Day 1 Begins
The Thing begins with two players being randomly chosen to be infected. The Things are able to infect other players and turn them into other Things, or dispose of other players. However, there is always a chance of failure in each one beyond their control. On Day 1, the success rate for infection begins at 100%; the success rate for killing begins at 0%. Each passing day, the success rates change by 10% (decreasing for infection, increasing for killing). There are some characters who can never be infected.
As it is now Day 1, there will be No Lynch today. Instead, the group of survivors must elect by secret ballot their choices for Cop and Jailer. Day will last once all votes have been tallied. The elected will be able to use their abilities on this night. You cannot vote the same person for both roles.