Impact Wrestling is very underrated! - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
 
ParzBK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 2
Points: 0
 
Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

I haven’t watched wrestling consistently for a while now. I gave AEW a chance simply because it was hyped up to be the second coming of the monday night wars, and oh boy is that a fake narrative. I watched all the PPVs and it was mostly just matches with no meaning or storylines, and when it aired on TNT and that little midget wrestler came on I could take no more. And don’t get me started on WWE, that crap is worse than when I stopped watching it in 2008.

After I gave up on AEW, I decided to give Impact wrestling another chance (havent watched Impact since Hogan took over) and damn, Impact Wrestling is by far the best wrestling experience I’ve had! Every match has a decent or good storyline to it, the backstage segments aren’t cringe unlike WWE’s, and the main events are great!

The backstage segments with Tessa Blanchard remind me of the attitude era, not to mention Brian Cage stands out in todays era with all these smaller guys around, and Sammi Callihan cuts amazing promos, I am really enjoying this show.

Thing is, people keep giving it a lot of crap because of their past mistakes, as if WWE or any wrestling promotion hasn’t done anything stupid. Also about their venues, yeah they’re small, but who cares when the story they’re telling is great?
ParzBK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 06:34 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 207
Points: 621
 
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

Impact is way better than WWE but it doesn’t touch AEW.
TKO Wrestling is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 317
Points: 1,370
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO Wrestling View Post
Impact is way better than WWE but it doesnít touch AEW.
I agree that AEW is number one but WWE comes second for me. Only because of the size of the crowds and the production. Impact comes off as indy despite good feuds. The tv shows I watch need to be high quality to the eye. Indy and small venues in wrestling just dont do it for me. They show MLW in HD over here in the UK and I don't even bother with that either. Storyline wise the Lana and Lashly thing is good shit. She should go back to Rusev and Lashly should get jealous and release a sex tape.
Claro De Luna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:55 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 240
Points: 749
           
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO Wrestling View Post
Impact is way better than WWE but it doesnít touch AEW.
To me, it's way better than AEW.
TheDraw likes this.
laputan machine is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Intoner
 
Morrison17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 6,449
Points: 13,733
                     
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

Impact needs a definitive look. Same stage so the show had a trademark look.

Other than that Impact is #1. I cant watch anything else from weekly TV shows. Reading RAW review is best I can do.

Yes the production is lacking, but the show is pro wrestling, not someone trying to play pro wrestling.
TheDraw likes this.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic226354_2.gif
Marking for: John Morrison, The Miz, Rosemary, Io Shirai, Grado, Eva Marie, John Cena, Tessa Blanchard, Angelico, Zema Ion, Lashley, Mandy Rose, oVe, Pentagon, Alexa Bliss, Asuka.
Morrison17 is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:20 AM
 
TripleG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,516
Points: 29,873
                     
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

They seem to have a bit more of a spark with the move to AXS. It still isn't great, but they've found a comfort zone and are able to deliver solid shows.

And they have a nice core set of talent, including Tessa and Sami, who are basically the main reasons I still watch the show.
TheDraw likes this.

WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING WEBSITE
=http://thebrainosaur.com

Follow Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pscrazyplace

CM PUNK RETURNS TO WWE
TripleG is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:25 AM
 
TheDraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 333
Points: 1,467
                     
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzBK View Post
I havenít watched wrestling consistently for a while now. I gave AEW a chance simply because it was hyped up to be the second coming of the monday night wars, and oh boy is that a fake narrative. I watched all the PPVs and it was mostly just matches with no meaning or storylines, and when it aired on TNT and that little midget wrestler came on I could take no more. And donít get me started on WWE, that crap is worse than when I stopped watching it in 2008.

After I gave up on AEW, I decided to give Impact wrestling another chance (havent watched Impact since Hogan took over) and damn, Impact Wrestling is by far the best wrestling experience Iíve had! Every match has a decent or good storyline to it, the backstage segments arenít cringe unlike WWEís, and the main events are great!

The backstage segments with Tessa Blanchard remind me of the attitude era, not to mention Brian Cage stands out in todays era with all these smaller guys around, and Sammi Callihan cuts amazing promos, I am really enjoying this show.

Thing is, people keep giving it a lot of crap because of their past mistakes, as if WWE or any wrestling promotion hasnít done anything stupid. Also about their venues, yeah theyíre small, but who cares when the story theyíre telling is great?

People are starting to come around slowly and realize that Impact is the best wrestling show on tv. It is the most consistent and most all aroind show compared to WWE and AEW.

Almost everyboody om the roster can go in the ring and everybody looks like an athlete and not some indy trash scrub. I'd rather have Joey Ryan who at least looks like he works out compared to some geek like Orange Cassidy. I pay to see men fight not pencil necked geeks who listen to Justin Bieber like the Cassidy's of the word.

Congrats on being smart enough to see it. I redpect that because most wrestling fans are sheep. You can have the best wrestling show on earth, a large portion of fans would still not give a product a chance because they feel they need to be loyal to whatever brand they're currently watching.

In Impacts case, its that plus the fact that people still associate Impact too much with the old TNA even though its a completely different regime that is in control now. Unfortunately most fans still view it as "uncool" to watch Impact because of the way TNa was viewed.

100% Basically Clean
TheDraw is offline  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:28 AM
 
TheDraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 333
Points: 1,467
                     
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzBK View Post
I havenít watched wrestling consistently for a while now. I gave AEW a chance simply because it was hyped up to be the second coming of the monday night wars, and oh boy is that a fake narrative. I watched all the PPVs and it was mostly just matches with no meaning or storylines, and when it aired on TNT and that little midget wrestler came on I could take no more. And donít get me started on WWE, that crap is worse than when I stopped watching it in 2008.

After I gave up on AEW, I decided to give Impact wrestling another chance (havent watched Impact since Hogan took over) and damn, Impact Wrestling is by far the best wrestling experience Iíve had! Every match has a decent or good storyline to it, the backstage segments arenít cringe unlike WWEís, and the main events are great!

The backstage segments with Tessa Blanchard remind me of the attitude era, not to mention Brian Cage stands out in todays era with all these smaller guys around, and Sammi Callihan cuts amazing promos, I am really enjoying this show.

Thing is, people keep giving it a lot of crap because of their past mistakes, as if WWE or any wrestling promotion hasnít done anything stupid. Also about their venues, yeah theyíre small, but who cares when the story theyíre telling is great?

People are starting to come around slowly and realize that Impact is the best wrestling show on tv. It is the most consistent and most all aroind show compared to WWE and AEW.

Almost everyboody om the roster can go in the ring and everybody looks like an athlete and not some indy trash scrub. I'd rather have Joey Ryan who at least looks like he works out compared to some geek like Orange Cassidy. I pay to see men fight not pencil necked geeks who listen to Justin Bieber like the Cassidy's of the word.

Congrats on being smart enough to see it. I redpect that because most wrestling fans are sheep. You can have the best wrestling show on earth, a large portion of fans would still not give a product a chance because they feel they need to be loyal to whatever brand they're currently watching.

In Impacts case, its that plus the fact that people still associate Impact too much with the old TNA even though its a completely different regime that is in control now. Unfortunately most fans still view it as "uncool" to watch Impact because of the way TNa was viewed.

Regardless. The Impact Renaissance is upon us

100% Basically Clean
TheDraw is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Fearless University Graduate
 
Eva MaRIHyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rihanna Drive
Favourite(s): Tessa Blanchard
Posts: 14,641
Points: 61,790
                     
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

It really is, very, very underrated. They've built up too much ill will with the fans over the years so most don't give them a chance anymore. But if nothing else, everyone should be watching the oVe vs Tessa Blanchard angle that will more than likely make history. And there's a lot else that Impact do well thesedays as well.

There's no weak division or scene in Impact at the moment. The World Title picture has been so good, and for a while now. The Tag Division is really good. The Women's division is good, though Taya as Champ is played out. The X Division is always fun. And then you've got people like Moose, or even Ken Shamrock, or a finally heel again RVD doing good work.

Impact avoids the issues WWE and AEW has. in WWE everyone except the chosen ones are geeks, whereas most people in Impact feel important. In AEW everyone feels so Indyriffic, just full off little spot monkeys and the typical Indytastic comedy crap, Impact avoids that.

They've got a strong mix too. There's big hosses like Cage, World class women like Tessa, great tag teams like the North, fantastic characters and promos like Sami. There's something for every fan.
llj and TheDraw like this.

You can catch me, Rih, in the new La Ferrar'

Last edited by Eva MaRIHyse; 11-04-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Eva MaRIHyse is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 11:07 AM
 
TheDraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 333
Points: 1,467
                     
Re: Impact Wrestling is very underrated!

What people need to understand is its not just about the roster when it comes to a good wrestling company. WWae has a ridiculous roster but the booking doesnt make it feel that way because so many guys are useless sitting around aimless with no continuity.

Everybody has a part on Impact and you combine that with the good commmentary, storylines, video packages, ect.....it makes the show shine.

The only thing for.me is the atmosthere at times is absolutely terrible but its understandable for now.
somerandomfan likes this.

100% Basically Clean
TheDraw is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome