Not complaining but it's bizarre that spike is allowing impact to be shown on 2 networks. They must be getting it at a bargin price
I would imagine that Spike didnt pay for an exclusive contract when they renewed due to the poor ratings. They obviously didnt pay as much as they didnt get the PPVs this time. (thats all assuming its not a barter deal like POP in the states)
The ratings for w/e 8th July were below 105,000. Only the top 10 are shown on BARB site for general public which were as follows.
BLACK SAILS 174000
TRUCKING HELL 171000
GERONIMO : AN AMERICAN LEGEND (before break for news) 140000
POLICE INTERCEPTORS 135000
THE TEXICAN 124000
CRIMINALS CAUGHT ON CAMERA 1070007
GERONIMO : AN AMERICAN LEGEND (after break for news) 107000
POLICE INTERCEPTORS 105000
Note that Police Interceptors, Airwolf and Criminals Caught on Camera are all repeats - not sure about the rest.
Id guess the ratings on Fight Network to be even lower due to a combination of :
1. Its position on the EPG. I personally never go that low if looking for something to casually watch.
2. It having Showcase as the EPG name. Confusing for people. Very few channels that have rented space on Showcase have gone on to full channel launches AFAIK
. Only one I can think of is a country music channel. Casuals will go down guide and think "oh it says 161 but thats Showcase on mine.... oh well". Only people who already are fans will be aware its there.
3. Its availability - not on Virgin, Freeview, BT, Talk Talk etc
4. (On Freesat - not sure about Sky) the inability to series link.
5. (On Freesat) no +1 channel.
6. How many people are seriously bothered about watching it live at 1am? Fridays and Saturdays at 9 are mostly dead slots as most of its intended audience are probably out.
7. Is it still being shown on the GWN app as well live? That will eat into viewership for Fight Network UK too.
Hate to be a negative nancy as I like Impact but I cant see many watching... If less than 100K watch on Spike which is on all platforms, this one in theory has to get less.