Re: Talk is Jericho - Don Callis and Scott D'Amore.
In case anyone wonders they didn't really reveal anything specific on what their next moves will be. Some thing that sticked out for me:
1. Jericho's involvement in all this basically is that he vouched for Callis and D'amore. I didn't get any impression that Jericho is going to do anything more and doesn't look, understandably, very interested in Impact asides of Callis and D'amore being his friends.
2. It looks like "you can take your gimmick anywhere" was their idea and thats how they plan to build up some trust with independent wrestlers.
3. They'll still be using Universal studio, but it won't be a central place to their plans.
4. They mentioned how their idea is to build the show around 6-8 people while other talent might be regular indies that are appearing in many places. Alberto, Drake, Mundo were name dropped so safe bet that these 3 will be important going forward.
5. WWE-lite is a mistake and they won't try to do that. They will also try not to over-produce with promos and stuff like that, basically more creative freedom to talent.
6. They are planning to do some live events, but as I understand they are not going to rush it and they need to do some build up before that happens.
7. Callis will stay with NJPW commentating as long as NJPW wants him. He hopes that this will show that Impact is willing to work with other companies.
Overall I like how they talk, but we will see what the results are.