Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell. - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:53 PM
EIRE
 
Walls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,862
Points: 921
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
I don't think we'll have to worry about this because Cena will probably not turn heel in the foreseeable future.

But one thing is for sure, if Cena did turn heel he would actually be able to be a heel unlike Orton who failed as a heel. Cena would pull it off.
How did Orton fail as a heel? He was pretty fucking awesome if I do say so myself with his facial expressions and mannerisms. Go watch his I Quit match with Cena to see what I am talking about.
Walls is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Zobrior Haedar
 
Arya Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bury me with my guns on so when I reach the other side I can show him what it feels like to die
Posts: 19,267
Points: 54,540
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Because he was basically a face trying to be a heel. That's how he failed at being a heel. He was over, but not as a heel. Which defeats the purpose of being a heel.

When you're getting more cheers than boo's then you're not being an effective heel.




SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THAT GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS HALF HELL



Arya Dark is offline  
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM
EIRE
 
Walls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,862
Points: 921
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

That is true, but that's not entirely his fault. He did what he was supposed to do as a heel and he was just so "cool" that they cheered for him anyway. He can't exactly deviate from what he has been told to do to get more heat.
Walls is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Zobrior Haedar
 
Arya Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bury me with my guns on so when I reach the other side I can show him what it feels like to die
Posts: 19,267
Points: 54,540
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

I absolutely agree.. it wasn't entirely his fault at all. I think he really tried to get over as a heel but it was too late. Attacking the McMahons was a bad choice for a heel. It just doesn't work.




SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THAT GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS HALF HELL



Arya Dark is offline  
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Regularly Beating Up James Ellsworth
 
Goatlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,342
Points: 0
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Imo Orton was quite a good heel, just his bad look and facial expressions alone were enough to make me want to see him lose, so I wouldn't say he didn't accomplish his mission.
Goatlord is offline  
post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Zobrior Haedar
 
Arya Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bury me with my guns on so when I reach the other side I can show him what it feels like to die
Posts: 19,267
Points: 54,540
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlord View Post
Imo Orton was quite a good heel, just his bad look and facial expressions alone were enough to make me want to see him lose, so I wouldn't say he didn't accomplish his mission.
But you ere the exception rather than the rule. Did you hear how much he was cheered when he was trying his hardest to be booed?

WWE, when trying to create a heel in Orton actually created an anti-heel.




SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THAT GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS HALF HELL



Arya Dark is offline  
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
arjun14626rko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 20,205
Points: 0
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
I absolutely agree.. it wasn't entirely his fault at all. I think he really tried to get over as a heel but it was too late. Attacking the McMahons was a bad choice for a heel. It just doesn't work.
Yeah, heels generally do not attack one of the most successful heels of all time. I thought Orton was a very successful heel with Rated RKO and following it.
arjun14626rko is offline  
post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Regularly Beating Up James Ellsworth
 
Goatlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,342
Points: 0
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
But you ere the exception rather than the rule. Did you hear how much he was cheered when he was trying his hardest to be booed?

WWE, when trying to create a heel in Orton actually created an anti-heel.
I didn't say that I wasn't, it really helped that the dumbest guy I know in RL has literally the same face as Orton so he really didn't have to try hard to make me hate him. Ironically, Cena has almost the same face as my best friend so I never jumped into the Cena hate bandwagon

Apart from looks though, I found the way he wrestled quite "terrible" and I just loved seeing him jobbed out. When he turned face though I instantly started liking him somewhat so in my opinion, at least for me he is a very good worker. But as you said, I'm quite an exception to the rule, but only a few wrestlers, regardless of wrestling or mic talent can make me hate them as heels and like them as faces so obviously he has some special talent for that.
Goatlord is offline  
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Zobrior Haedar
 
Arya Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bury me with my guns on so when I reach the other side I can show him what it feels like to die
Posts: 19,267
Points: 54,540
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

I think Orton is very talented if not very charismatic on the mic. He does have ring charisma to make up for that, in my opinion. He can do gestures and movements in the ring that make the crowd really pop... and that's a very nice talent to have.

Orton is probably my favorite WWE wrestler right now and I used to love it when he lost as a heel but for selfish reasons. I would love to see the panic and fury that would hit the board after a PPV loss by Orton. People would get so mad they seemed like they were in danger of being ill simply because he lost.

I found that to be extremely entertaining to watch/read on here.




SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THAT GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS HALF HELL



Arya Dark is offline  
post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
arjun14626rko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 20,205
Points: 0
                     
Re: Randy Orton's gimmick isn't for sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
I think Orton is very talented if not very charismatic on the mic. He does have ring charisma to make up for that, in my opinion. He can do gestures and movements in the ring that make the crowd really pop... and that's a very nice talent to have.

Orton is probably my favorite WWE wrestler right now and I used to love it when he lost as a heel but for selfish reasons. I would love to see the panic and fury that would hit the board after a PPV loss by Orton. People would get so mad they seemed like they were in danger of being ill simply because he lost.

I found that to be extremely entertaining to watch/read on here.
I remember when I was one of the few Orton marks on this forum, back in 2005. It was vehemently anti-Orton, with a few Orton marks who vigorously defended him. I took a look at a few of the past PPV discussion threads and this forum went berserk when Orton lost. I am quite enjoying it.
arjun14626rko is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome