Wrestling fans never learn
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bryan Alvarez, SCSA, Punk, Wyatt, Jericho
Re: What would it take to turn WWE around?
- REAL top guys like Asuka, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe.
- Unscripted promos.
- Promos, charisma and character building is focused on far more than wrestling.
- Trust the wrestlers to craft their own characters instead of you telling them who they are.
- Everybody wrestles their own style and the homogenized WWE style that everyone works from the top guy to the bottom guy is replaced by a unique blend of matches that all feel fresh and different from each other.
- Rotate (most) storylines out on a weekly basis, so that wrestlers aren't overexposed. A wrestler does an angle in their storyline one week, they take a week off, we see different storylines, and the next week they come back, and the wrestlers that were on last week rest. Occasionally you break this rule for a gigantic storyline.
- The PPV's between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania are gone. The Royal Rumble ends, the next night, the build to WrestleMania starts. WrestleMania is a 2 month build from the last week of January to the first week of April.
- Eliminate house shows. They serve NO purpose. They cause unnecessary injuries. They're not revenue generators anymore. Get rid of them. Let your talent REST. They'll thank you for it. Their bodies and minds will be recharged and focused. Their careers will last longer. You ever notice how back in the day, guys had careers that lasted for 30/40 years and now they last 15? Yeah, there's probably a reason for that.
- Long term planning.
- Be proud to be a pro wrestling company who specializes in bringing people the best pro wrestling on the planet. Stop running from the fact that you're pro wrestling. What WWE is doing is the equivalent of if Marvel Studios considered the comic book movies they make "stupid movies for children", and didn't put the love and appreciation and passion for this world into their work. If that was the approach Marvel Studios took with the MCU, the MCU would not be averaging a billion dollars per movie. End Game would not be a 2.8 billion dollar film that surpassed Avatar. No, instead, what did Marvel do? They whipped out their giant nerd dick and said "Hey everybody, we're a bunch of sweaty fucking nerds. You want to be nerds with us?", and everybody said "FUCK YES! We totally want to be nerds with you!". This is the approach AEW is taking. For better or for worse, whatever your opinion is about AEW, those guys LOVE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. Not "sports entertainment", pro wrestling. It's not a catchphrase, it's not a corporate brand, it's in their blood. That's why they don't even have television yet and their ticket demand for All Out was as high as WrestleMania. Had they anticipated that level of demand, they could have sold out a stadium. Without television. That love of pro wrestling is why their first tv taping on TNT sold out immediately. Meanwhile WWE has got tarp over most of their seats, and due to their unrivaled arrogance, goes to Madison Square Garden thinking they're gonna sell out and wind up with egg on their faces when nobody buys tickets. What the fuck did you think was gonna happen, you silly bastards? Look around you.
I've got more I'm sure but I'm tapping out.
This stuff is so NOT complicated. There is no reason they're not doing a 4 in the ratings.