Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 50Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:08 AM
 
Reptilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,291
Points: 14,629
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

In my case it's just personal taste, if i don't like them irl then i don't like them in character either. however i don't care about stuff like Hogan rightfully talking crap in private (like a lot of people do), or wrestlers being falsely accused of rape/harassment by women who just want attention, because those "scandals" are mostly just products of SJW culture and people overreacting and getting offended for stupid stuff.



Reptilian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,566
Points: 7,752
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

Nowadays, your actions and words represent your profession and your employer because you are thrust into the position of a role model. We can sit here and debate if that's good or bad, but it doesn't really matter because if those actions and words by an employee ends up at the feet of their employer, then their employer must weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of the situation and act accordingly. Organisations rarely care about whatever your political affinity is, they just don't want to take the public relations hit because profit and good image is more important than taking a controversial stand.

It's just that this situation has empowered people to take action into their own hands. Vigilante justice, as it were.

The whining about "SJW Culture" taking away "muh freedom" is also ridiculous. It's nothing about "SJW culture". It's the result of a growingly connected world brought together by social media. In cases like Lars, the opposite of justice is someone getting away free with racism. In cases like Hogan, the opposite of justice is someone getting away with racism. In the case of Benoit, it's someone being let off with two murders.

So in my opinion, yes. We should care what they say. They are put in the position of being a role model. If a role model gets away free with racism, that potentially encourages their fans to commit similar actions. People are dumb. It's not about being smart enough to not be racist. It's about making sure that racism is never in the public light.

Last edited by Desecrated; 11-24-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Desecrated is offline  
post #33 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:15 AM
The frankie girl on all the gifs is cute!
 
wrestling_fan_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 783
Points: 4,247
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

No.

1- Whatever they do in their personal lives is not our business.

2- Even if you do care, there is the golden rule in life that I follow that says "separate the art from the artist"

Even though Chris Benoit and Hulk Hogan did what they, I still enjoy their matches and they remain near and dear to my heart because I separated everything they did inside the ring from what they did outside of it. And I will continue to do because I will forever go with that rule.

wrestling_fan_03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:24 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 139
Points: 0
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Jack Daniels View Post
If it's something like rape, child molestation or murder (not just accusations), ain't no separation for me. I'm not giving you a pass for that just because you were good at fake fighting, while apparently also being "good" at horrendous real acts.


Anything outside of that, I could probably get over...except for Hogan and that was largely because of how poor he came across when every black person in the company didn't welcome him back with open arms. That came off as him saying "Yeah, what I did was wrong but get over it." It was just like that one episode of South Park where Randy said the n-word on national TV. Hogan didn't get that he didn't get it. He's a bit too old for me to excuse his ignorance.
He's from a completely different generation though?
Wycliffe_Jean is offline  
post #35 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:32 AM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: queen lizzy's garden with prince phil
Posts: 6,965
Points: 22,864
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

probably not but naturally its basically impossible to divide the wrestler from the person. You can't just ignore aspects of a person.

wrestlers are always going to have their personal lives plastered across the media because they are celebrities. People generally take a bigger interest in them.

I certainly can never understand people who think its ok to divide chris benoits wrestling career from the murders he carried out, you can't just give him a pass like that just because it was his personal life.

"You Can Easily Judge the Character of a Man by How He Treats Those Who Can Do Nothing for Him"


You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. Angels and Airwaves 4. The cure 5. The Verve

Last edited by UniversalGleam; 11-24-2018 at 09:09 AM.
UniversalGleam is offline  
post #36 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 09:25 AM
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 341
Points: 1,152
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycliffe_Jean View Post
I'm guessing you're a Liberal which I don't get how you can call someone a piece of shit? Is it because they have a different view to you? You're doing the same thing as what they're doing in reality..
This is so stupid. When you say or do something racist or homophobic, etc yes you’re a piece of shit. The fact that people try to defend hateful actions or pin it on PC culture and political parties is fucked up. It’s called common decency, why go out of your way to hurt someone or a group of people. Keep your ignorant views to yourself especially if you’re in the public eye

Last edited by Foreveryoung87; 11-24-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Foreveryoung87 is offline  
post #37 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 09:33 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 139
Points: 0
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreveryoung87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycliffe_Jean View Post
I'm guessing you're a Liberal which I don't get how you can call someone a piece of shit? Is it because they have a different view to you? You're doing the same thing as what they're doing in reality..
This is so stupid. When you say or do something racist or homophobic, etc yes you’re a piece of shit. The fact that people try to defend hateful actions or pin it on PC culture and political parties is fucked up. It’s called common decency, why go out of your way to hurt someone or a group of people. Keep your ignorant views to yourself especially if you’re in the public eye
Well that's the thing. Hogan did it in the past in the privacy of his own house. Sullivan was a young bloke. Did you not make mistakes when you were young? Have you not said something that offends someone? Make sure your side of the street is crystal clean before you come back at me and say "that's stupid".
Wycliffe_Jean is offline  
post #38 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 09:49 AM
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 341
Points: 1,152
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycliffe_Jean View Post
Well that's the thing. Hogan did it in the past in the privacy of his own house. Sullivan was a young bloke. Did you not make mistakes when you were young? Have you not said something that offends someone? Make sure your side of the street is crystal clean before you come back at me and say "that's stupid".
You boiling it down to political parties is STUPID. Pretty sure people who are republican and democrats can both agree when something racist/homophobic said or done that it is abhorrent. Because most people in both parties are decent human beings.

Hogan is a self proclaimed racists yet somehow still has people defending him.It would ignorant of me to say all those people are republicans since that party has a not so kosher history with Black people.

But I haven’t pit it on one group, those people who continue to defend him though are most likely just as ignorant and racist as Hogan is. And no I have never used a slur ever in my life
Desecrated likes this.

Last edited by Foreveryoung87; 11-24-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Foreveryoung87 is offline  
post #39 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 09:55 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,609
Points: 4,482
                     
Re: Should we care at all what wrestlers say/do in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycliffe_Jean View Post
Well that's the thing. Hogan did it in the past in the privacy of his own house. Sullivan was a young bloke. Did you not make mistakes when you were young? Have you not said something that offends someone? Make sure your side of the street is crystal clean before you come back at me and say "that's stupid".
Stop excusing these people... racist is racist. Its not ok in the privacy of your own home (because youre likely gonna carry those tendencies outside the home) and how many times are we going to point out that lars made racist comments back in 2013 when he was like 24. You guys are fucking weird going out of your way to defend people who have done fucked up shit
ObsoleteMule is offline  
post #40 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 139
Points: 0
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreveryoung87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycliffe_Jean View Post
Well that's the thing. Hogan did it in the past in the privacy of his own house. Sullivan was a young bloke. Did you not make mistakes when you were young? Have you not said something that offends someone? Make sure your side of the street is crystal clean before you come back at me and say "that's stupid".
You boiling it down to political parties is STUPID. Pretty sure people who are republican and democrats can both agree when something racist/homophobic said or done that is abhorrent. Because most people in both parties are decent human beings.

Hogan is a self proclaimed racists yet somehow still has people defending him.It would ignorant of me to say all those people are republicans since that party has a not so kosher history with Black people.

But I haven’t pit on one group, those people who continue to defend him though are most likely just as ignorant and racist as Hogan is. And no I have never used a slur ever in my life
I'm a white man from England who has a black girlfriend and a black Muslim best mate. You cannot tell me that I'm a Republican or democrat. I stick up for people that it makes sense for. Hogan got fucked over in his own house. Lars got fucked over when he was young and knew n better. You are an absolute liar. When you've met someone.. Black, brown, trans, gay your first assumption isn't "he/she insert here is".. It wouldn't surprise me as you probably don't go out. My thought when I met my girlfriend was "she's black and I'm attracted to her". You're a liar.
Wycliffe_Jean is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome