Is The UFC Superior To WWE? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 01:54 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,604
Points: 56,099
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Lol I mean it depends on how you look at it. Hardcore MMA fans by and large have these feelings

1. Dana White only focuses on promoting guys/girls he likes based on looks or trash talking. They hate that instead of building new stars Dana only focuses on his choose few. Something like Nate Diaz selling so many PPVs with Conor McGregor was the IFC fan equivalent to Daniel Bryan. For years Dana dismissed Nate as a draw then he goes and helps make the biggest UFC PPV ever

2. They think the product has been watered down over the years with the sheer number of cards produced

3. They think the titles are becoming devalued when the company are creating interim titles for no reason and giving title shots to folk who don't deserve it on sporting matter.

4. Most feel like most divisions are shallow besides Women's 115, Men's 135, 155, 170, and 185.

5. They hate that the UFC has started the bad habit of letting top 10 guys fall to Bellator just because such as Rory MacDonald, Ryan Bader, Phil Davis, Lorenz Larkin's.

6. Hell both have inexplicably got a massive new TV contract despite declining ratings

If you watch both you get a mixed bag of good shows and bad shows. You see a leader with clear favorites. It's clear that talent doesn't mean as much as other things which is even more glaring since MMA actually is a sport. It's a thing of grass is greener on the other side.
RapShepard is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Hi I'm new. Nice to meet you!
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: England
Posts: 82
Points: 249
 
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Of course

WWE and yet you cant say "Wrestling" its Sports entertainment

UFC has that legitimacy, we know Wrestling is pre-determined but WWE is presented as a fantasy soap opera for the gullible, stupid and sexually frustrated , frankly embarrassing
Lariato is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 454
Points: 1,390
         
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
Lol I mean it depends on how you look at it. Hardcore MMA fans by and large have these feelings

1. Dana White only focuses on promoting guys/girls he likes based on looks or trash talking. They hate that instead of building new stars Dana only focuses on his choose few. Something like Nate Diaz selling so many PPVs with Conor McGregor was the IFC fan equivalent to Daniel Bryan. For years Dana dismissed Nate as a draw then he goes and helps make the biggest UFC PPV ever

2. They think the product has been watered down over the years with the sheer number of cards produced

3. They think the titles are becoming devalued when the company are creating interim titles for no reason and giving title shots to folk who don't deserve it on sporting matter.

4. Most feel like most divisions are shallow besides Women's 115, Men's 135, 155, 170, and 185.

5. They hate that the UFC has started the bad habit of letting top 10 guys fall to Bellator just because such as Rory MacDonald, Ryan Bader, Phil Davis, Lorenz Larkin's.

6. Hell both have inexplicably got a massive new TV contract despite declining ratings

If you watch both you get a mixed bag of good shows and bad shows. You see a leader with clear favorites. It's clear that talent doesn't mean as much as other things which is even more glaring since MMA actually is a sport. It's a thing of grass is greener on the other side.
Dana White is far from a perfect leader, but at the very least, his chosen ones are fighters that can actually draw massive interest in the sport, and if they can't do so, he gives up on them.

Your point about Nate Diaz is a strange one. Nate Diaz did big numbers because he was opposite McGregor. You could have McGregor fighting a broom, and that would still do huge numbers. Poirier vs Diaz will not sell the MSG card - they'll need a big main event.
charsetutf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:08 PM
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22,540
Points: 74,268
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsetutf View Post
Dana White is far from a perfect leader, but at the very least, his chosen ones are fighters that can actually draw massive interest in the sport, and if they can't do so, he gives up on them.

Your point about Nate Diaz is a strange one. Nate Diaz did big numbers because he was opposite McGregor. You could have McGregor fighting a broom, and that would still do huge numbers. Poirier vs Diaz will not sell the MSG card - they'll need a big main event.
Exactly. Vince's biggest problem as a promoter is that he has a singular vision of what WWE should be and will push that regardless of fan interest. If WWE wasn't in dire straights in the mid 90s, he would have stuck with the New Generation formula rather than change to the Attitude Era.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Let's make some magic.
virus21 is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:10 PM
 
Raw is Ronda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 338
Points: 1,369
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Yes UFC is much superior as evidenced by the fact that WWE has a raging hard-on for the UFC. They never mention any other promotion during their shows but love to mention UFC a 100 times. Vince thinks its cool to associate themselves with the UFC

Rowdy!
Raw is Ronda is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:11 PM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,604
Points: 56,099
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsetutf View Post
Dana White is far from a perfect leader, but at the very least, his chosen ones are fighters that can actually draw massive interest in the sport, and if they can't do so, he gives up on them.

Your point about Nate Diaz is a strange one. Nate Diaz did big numbers because he was opposite McGregor. You could have McGregor fighting a broom, and that would still do huge numbers. Poirier vs Diaz will not sell the MSG card - they'll need a big main event.
Go to any MMA site and look at the comments and tell me fans there don't get upset about how favored Ronda and Conor were. Tell me they didn't get upset they didn't spend more time promoting Amanda Nunes during her fight with Ronda. Tell me they didn't feel some type of way about the Sage and Paige push. That's not even getting into folk feeling they never really tried to promote Mighty Mouse, Nunes, Stipe, and others.

While I'll agree Conor definitely was the biggest reason but go to any MMA site when the buyrates for 196 and 202 came out and tell me the comment section doesn't have plenty of "but Dana said Diaz doesn't move numbers lol" vibes.

For me I'm just saying for the most part both fan bases have the same complaints when it comes to the die hard fans
RapShepard is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 454
Points: 1,390
         
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
Go to any MMA site and look at the comments and tell me fans there don't get upset about how favored Ronda and Conor were. Tell me they didn't get upset they didn't spend more time promoting Amanda Nunes during her fight with Ronda. Tell me they didn't feel some type of way about the Sage and Paige push. That's not even getting into folk feeling they never really tried to promote Mighty Mouse, Nunes, Stipe, and others.

While I'll agree Conor definitely was the biggest reason but go to any MMA site when the buyrates for 196 and 202 came out and tell me the comment section doesn't have plenty of "but Dana said Diaz doesn't move numbers lol" vibes.

For me I'm just saying for the most part both fan bases have the same complaints when it comes to the die hard fans
There are always fans who complain about everything. Conor and Ronda drew a huge amount of interest in the sport. Dana White promoting them the way he did was justified, and any rational person can admit that, even if they are not fans of either fighter. Amanda Nunes benefited greatly from that fight, both financially, and in terms of the exposure she received.

Nate has always had a hardcore following because of his brother. Yet the only time he did big numbers was when he was paired with McGregor. Hardcore fans accounted for a small percentage of those UFC 196 and 202 buyrates. Most of those people were casuals, most of whom would not buy a PPV to see Nate vs anyone else (with the exception of GSP, who is also a big draw.)
charsetutf is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:22 PM
JANUARY 5TH
 
ReekOfAwesomenesss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: V
Favourite(s): NAITO! NAITO! NAITOOOOO!
Posts: 3,648
Points: 12,979
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsetutf View Post
There are always fans who complain about everything. Conor and Ronda drew a huge amount of interest in the sport. Dana White promoting them the way he did was justified, and any rational person can admit that, even if they are not fans of either fighter. Amanda Nunes benefited greatly from that fight, both financially, and in terms of the exposure she received.
Yeah but Nunes could have been promoted way better. She is the first open gay world champion ffs. All the build up was about Ronda. It wasn't a smart strategy. It was WME strategy, who played their cards for their clients to make her triumphant return.

There's wifi in the air but I've got nothing to do with it. - Jim Cornette

ReekOfAwesomenesss is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:27 PM
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
 
Phantom in the Multiverse of Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: The Catacombs Beneath Staples Center
Favourite(s): E.A. Poe, Gaiman, Bradbury, Asuka
Posts: 2,094
Points: 74,899
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

.



Phantom in the Multiverse of Madness is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:28 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,782
Points: 4,778
                     
Re: Is The UFC Superior To WWE?

Is this some kind of a joke?

UFC is a far better product to watch than WWE any day of the week (even with lower card fighters).

There is a fundamental difference between UFC and WWE in terms of talent; UFC has multiple active draws (McGregor, DC, Nunes, Cyborg, Khabib, GSP, Jones, Ngannou, Holm, Johnson, TJD) while WWE has barely 3 (Ronda, Lesnar, and maybe Daniel Bryan). UFC doesn't exhaust their main event draws like how WWE does (WWE should learn from UFC on how to manage talent especially a certain long nosed Execute VP of talent relations and creative). UFC's top draws attract different sections of the audience, while WWE has become so niche that only hardcore fans watch. The other difference between the two is audience retention; UFC blows WWE out of the water in this particular category.

On a side note, I can't believe Cyborg vs Nunes is set, this match mark my words will blow away the upcoming Rousey vs Charlotte match at WM (ME or not).

Last edited by deadcool; 08-23-2018 at 02:30 PM.
deadcool is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome