Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nakamura - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 85Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 05:38 PM
TAFKA KroKro
 
Krokro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,578
Points: 7,803
                     
re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Austin isn't telling Rollins to never do high-spots. He is saying Seth needs to show more aggression. Rollins shouldn't always do high-spots when he is in a feud against someone he despises or just really wants to beat, he needs to show something else. That's how I interpreted it. He isn't telling Seth to limit his move set, he is telling Seth to punch and kick more and not make his matches become formulaic and predictable.

Braun, I agree, but I also enjoy Strowman showing off his charisma. Being funny is okay if he isn't a straight out comedian. I enjoyed his segment with Elias, where he played a string instrument. Gold. But I also think they need to make him dangerous, remind people.

Nakamura's comedy is great. He is a douchebag. He isn't being "funny" he is being a cunt. The fans just laugh because of how much of a douche he is being.
Krokro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:12 PM
The Mister Abigail Experience
 
Mister Abigail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,407
Points: 19,707
                     
re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Austin is so powerful that he can make you read the post in his voice.
M.V.W., Ace, SiON and 1 others like this.

Mister Abigail is offline  
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:37 PM
 
Wakacool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 114
Points: 374
                     
re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokro View Post
Austin isn't telling Rollins to never do high-spots. He is saying Seth needs to show more aggression. Rollins shouldn't always do high-spots when he is in a feud against someone he despises or just really wants to beat, he needs to show something else. That's how I interpreted it. He isn't telling Seth to limit his move set, he is telling Seth to punch and kick more and not make his matches become formulaic and predictable.

Braun, I agree, but I also enjoy Strowman showing off his charisma. Being funny is okay if he isn't a straight out comedian. I enjoyed his segment with Elias, where he played a string instrument. Gold. But I also think they need to make him dangerous, remind people.

Nakamura's comedy is great. He is a douchebag. He isn't being "funny" he is being a cunt. The fans just laugh because of how much of a douche he is being.
Very much agree to the three paragraphs above. Seth having some believable strikes in addition to his current set would be great, he or the WWE could always hire a striking coach after all.
M.V.W. and DammitC like this.

Last edited by Wakacool; 05-17-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Wakacool is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:42 PM
CGS
 
CGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London England
Posts: 18,062
Points: 8,266
                     
re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Quote:
“He can work. I’ve been a fan for a couple of years now; but, you’ve got to be careful with what you do with Braun Strowman….dude, you’re Alpha. If you don’t get out there and work and act like Alpha every time you get into the ring, you play Beta or second to anybody, you’re going to start losing your mystique or power.


Yep.

Hard to disagree with Austins points on both Braun & Nak. Nak has been poor for a while now but i hated how they exaggerated everything about him. His entrance, mannerisms, movement...just everything was done too much. He's a naturally charismatic guy so just let him do it subtly.

I do worry about Braun one day, WWE's 50/50 no one can be bigger than the brand booking may end up hurting him. Hopefully the fact that he's a "Vince creation" means he's more safe than those before him.

CGS is offline  
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Waiting for that Static to send the crowd into a frenzy.
 
Blissed Phenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CHCH, New Zealand
Favourite(s): Refer above
Posts: 9,470
Points: 5,573
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratista View Post
Seth should take inspiration from Bret Hart for his babyface comebacks. Bret Hart kept it simple but he made it look like he was beating the shit out of the heel and was really physical with his offence.
Sounds more like it I think he should take a few pages out of the Hitman's playbook then he can work a solid but believable striking offense.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSiyoDfCp9alJ9Ia3AG2cL3e6Nvp2rDLe4p6Xf9HwjPURYFHY99
Blissed Phenomenon is offline  
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 08:31 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,287
Points: 11,673
                     
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
I do worry about Braun one day, WWE's 50/50 no one can be bigger than the brand booking may end up hurting him. Hopefully the fact that he's a "Vince creation" means he's more safe than those before him.
This is something Austin does not realize. However, there are instances where they don't follow that rule in today's WWE.





























promoter2003 is offline  
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth
 
CMPrinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 822
Points: 1,910
                     
In regards to Braun, i find it more "alpha" to be comfortable in your own skin. He has facets to his character, tons of badass fictional characters have a soft spot for kids and it doesn't make them any less intimidating to the grown men they unleash hell on.

Austin sounds out of touch here tbh, brooding stoic uber alpha is such a hilariously outdated trope.
CMPrinny is offline  
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,936
Points: 23,544
                     
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLINS View Post
Pretty simple. The fact that I disagree with that opinion and have seen very little to nothing persuade me differently.
...I mean explain why he can't work.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 09:19 PM
I've been guarding my gate for along time, bitch.
 
Showstopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Jersey - Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 51,108
Points: 73,347
                     
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post
...I mean explain why he can't work.
Seriously...? Because I haven't seen much evidence of it yet.


Last edited by Showstopper; 05-12-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Showstopper is offline  
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,936
Points: 23,544
                     
Re: Steve Austin Offers Advice to Rollins, Braun & Nskamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLINS View Post
Seriously...? Because I haven't seen much evidence of it yet.
What do YOU define as a great worker?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome