Re: Who will/should we see in the MITB matches this year?
So with 'Mania and the shakeup in the rear-view and Money in the Bank a couple of months away I've been pondering what we're likely to see. My impression is that we'll get a men's and women's ladder match with three competitors from each brand. Four MITB matches would just be overkill even by WWE's standards. I imagine the winner will be able to cash in on either brand's champion.
With that said, I think this is the likely lineup:
Men's Money in the Bank
1. Baron Corbin - Vince is supposedly still high on him, though I can't imagine they'd have him win again after last year's disaster.
2. Jinder Mahal - If we've learned anything, it's that the Jinder experiment is far from over. His victory this year is very possible, sadly.
3. Kevin Owens or Sami Zayn - Not sure which.
If it were up to me, Drew McIntyre would be somewhere in there, but it looks like he's sadly teaming with Ziggler.
1. Big Cass - Again unfortunately, I can see him being put in the match.
2. Andrade "Cien" Almas - Maybe it's wishful thinking, but this would be the ideal time for a spotlight, and Vince wants to find that next Latin superstar which he still hasn't found. If it were up to me, this man would be the winner.
3. Randy Orton or Jeff Hardy - To give it some star power.
If it were up to me it would be Almas, Joe, and Jeff Hardy. Bryan would be the instinctive reaction but I'm not sure they want him competing in these kinds of matches.
Women's Money in the Bank
1. Ember Moon - Seeing an Eclipse off the ladder would be a thing of beauty.
2. Ruby Riott - Raw's top female heel worker at the moment.
3. Alexa Bliss, Sasha, or Bayley - If Alexa's feud with Nia is done by this time, she's likely in and has the strongest chance of winning, sadly. It would be a horrible match type for her though. If she's not done, it can be an issue between Bayley and Sasha.
1. Asuka or Charlotte - Depends which one of them is in title contention at the time. I doubt both will be in the match, though it would be awesome if they were.
2. Becky Lynch - The solid, dependable babyface for the contest though her chances of winning are zero.
3. Peyton Royce - With Billie Kay stalking on the outside. The catty heel to the match.
If it were up to me I'd call up Nikki Cross immediately and put her in there. Her, Asuka, and Ember in this kind of match would be a joy to watch.
Who do you think will or should be in this year's matches?
Lol it's not the world heavyweight MITB. The men match will involved Braun, Bryan, Orton, Joe, Liz and 1 or 2 surprise pick.
People complain endlessly about the product being bad, yet the WWE still manage to put 94K ^asses in seats. Why would they ever change when people still support them like this? The WWE must think that we're the most gullible morons on the face of this earth
DAMN m'f SKIPPY