HHH Taking Over From Vince - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 71Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:19 AM
 
JustAName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,855
Points: 5,842
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapperX View Post
It's called business, if you are losing money you have to let go of that product or service. To you it's a shallow and simplistic outlook of things while 99% of businesses eventually phase out the loss. There's a reason why you will never ever be able to operate even a pizza shop or used car dealership.



LMAO, tell that to AJ Styles, Jericho, Sting, Big Show, Asuka, who originally came over from WCW, NJPW, or Impact. It doesn't require millions to teach them how to adapt to a camera angle, lol.
I am sorry are you dumb or pretending to be? NXT wasn't around during Jericho/Big Show. NJPW has nothing on the production and camera/angle work on WWE neither does Impact.. WCW did, but that's a moot point as there was no NXT.. keep laughing though, I am sure that makes you feel smarter when your arguments fall flat on their ass and/or has no relevance
M.V.W. likes this.
JustAName is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:30 AM
 
Laughable Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5,237
Points: 44,100
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAName View Post
I am sorry are you dumb or pretending to be? NXT wasn't around during Jericho/Big Show. NJPW has nothing on the production and camera/angle work on WWE neither does Impact.. WCW did, but that's a moot point as there was no NXT.. keep laughing though, I am sure that makes you feel smarter when your arguments fall flat on their ass and/or has no relevance
WWE better camera work than NJPW? No, just no. Not with those constant zoom ins and outs they aren't.

NJPW's camera work is more simplistic but definitely works with their sports presentation and I really like some of the more..... closer camera work done in other indies . WWE is not particularly great at camera work.
M.V.W., NapperX and Makehimdrinkit like this.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1p8SFdNzHFG7ucy12LjzImGeYfEh_q8xCNpCsUBPJkbKUsbUf
Laughable Chimp is offline  
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:45 AM
 
IronMan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,859
Points: 6,340
                     
Vince will only give him enough reign for minor cosmetic changes.

If Vince lives another 20 years, HHH will be in his 70s.

Company ownership might skip a generation and go directly to one of Shanes sons if one of them stands out as a future leader.
promoter2003 likes this.
IronMan8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Fearless University Graduate
 
Eva MaRIHyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rihanna Drive
Favourite(s): Tessa Blanchard
Posts: 14,379
Points: 60,863
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRollinsGOAT View Post
So HHH is supposedly taking control of WWE sooner rather than later. I keep seeing potential changes he could make to the product such as:

-More in-ring action
-Slow burning storylines
-Less scripting (Or at least let the superstars script it for themselves)
-Booking underutilized talent better (Balor, Owens, Nakamura, Zayn, Cesaro etc.)
-Changing Raw to 2 hours

These all sound great but as long as Vince is alive I can't see him letting HHH change too much. I'd argue Vince would probably strongly dislike all of the above changes, and I have a bad feeling that HHH will continue to book similar to Vince and not make too many changes to the product, just to please Vince.

So my questions are; Will HHH have full control of booking on all brands and PPVs? And realistically, what major changes (if any) will Vince let HHH make once his concentration switches to his XFL project?
You and I have different opinions of what underutilised is. Balor and Owens were pushed to the moon from day one. Nakamura has already got alot of huge wins in under a year and will be World Champ at Mania. Cesaro and Zayn are always featured prominently.

You want to talk underutilised look at Rusev, Ryder, Dillinger, etc. guys who cant even get on TV.

People want to believe HHH is some savoir because he's been pushing Indy guys so the smark fanbase will finally like him, but he's no savoir. HHH on top means HHH constantly in the Main Event at every big PPPV. HHH in charge means that exclusively only HHH's hand picked pets ever get pushed. HHH is worse than Vince is in regards to who he lets succeed. You have to be a HHH pet to get HHH to push you, NXT is a huge example of this. But at least Vince will still push a guy who he might not have picked.


HHH in charge is just Indy mania come to the WWE, but it wont be this fantasty wonderland, it'll be a select few chosen Indy guys dominating everything while anyone and everyone who gets organically over is just a jobber. Look at the likes of Becky, Iconic Duo, Dillinger in NXT for examples of this.

You can catch me, Rih, in the new La Ferrar'

Womens Champion * World Champion * Hardcore Champion
The Breast Of The Breast
Eva MaRIHyse is offline  
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
 
SethRollinsGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 104
Points: 0
                 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva MaRIHyse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRollinsGOAT View Post
So HHH is supposedly taking control of WWE sooner rather than later. I keep seeing potential changes he could make to the product such as:

-More in-ring action
-Slow burning storylines
-Less scripting (Or at least let the superstars script it for themselves)
-Booking underutilized talent better (Balor, Owens, Nakamura, Zayn, Cesaro etc.)
-Changing Raw to 2 hours

These all sound great but as long as Vince is alive I can't see him letting HHH change too much. I'd argue Vince would probably strongly dislike all of the above changes, and I have a bad feeling that HHH will continue to book similar to Vince and not make too many changes to the product, just to please Vince.

So my questions are; Will HHH have full control of booking on all brands and PPVs? And realistically, what major changes (if any) will Vince let HHH make once his concentration switches to his XFL project?
You and I have different opinions of what underutilised is. Balor and Owens were pushed to the moon from day one. Nakamura has already got alot of huge wins in under a year and will be World Champ at Mania. Cesaro and Zayn are always featured prominently.

You want to talk underutilised look at Rusev, Ryder, Dillinger, etc. guys who cant even get on TV.

People want to believe HHH is some savoir because he's been pushing Indy guys so the smark fanbase will finally like him, but he's no savoir. HHH on top means HHH constantly in the Main Event at every big PPPV. HHH in charge means that exclusively only HHH's hand picked pets ever get pushed. HHH is worse than Vince is in regards to who he lets succeed. You have to be a HHH pet to get HHH to push you, NXT is a huge example of this. But at least Vince will still push a guy who he might not have picked.


HHH in charge is just Indy mania come to the WWE, but it wont be this fantasty wonderland, it'll be a select few chosen Indy guys dominating everything while anyone and everyone who gets organically over is just a jobber. Look at the likes of Becky, Iconic Duo, Dillinger in NXT for examples of this.
HHH gives chances to people in NXT that Vince never would, Dillinger wasn't ever on top at NXT but he was definitely treated MILES better than how he's been treated on Smackdown. It's laughable that you think he'd put himself in the main event every PPV, I hope you're joking or you're just a massive Triple H troll hahahaha. I'd add Rusev to the underutilized list, can't stand Ryder and he's just bland so not surprised they don't use him. The shit they give Zayn and Owens on SDL is fucking appalling, they don't have a clue what to do with Nakamura. I know they booked him to win the Rumble but they use him horribly on SDL. Balor could be a mixture of his own downfall and booking, but he just bores the fucking hell out of me until he gets in the ring (I loved him in NXT, as I did the others I listed).
SethRollinsGOAT is offline  
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM
 
NapperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,437
Points: 7,635
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAName View Post
I am sorry are you dumb or pretending to be? NXT wasn't around during Jericho/Big Show. NJPW has nothing on the production and camera/angle work on WWE neither does Impact.. WCW did, but that's a moot point as there was no NXT.. keep laughing though, I am sure that makes you feel smarter when your arguments fall flat on their ass and/or has no relevance
I am laughing at you because your theories make no sense. Big Show, Jericho, AJ Styles, etc had no issues adapting to a WWF or WWE camera angle and didn't require millions for them to learn how to do so, but you think it requires millions for others lmao. Keep typing away your theories from your mother's basement
NapperX is offline  
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Fearless University Graduate
 
Eva MaRIHyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rihanna Drive
Favourite(s): Tessa Blanchard
Posts: 14,379
Points: 60,863
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRollinsGOAT View Post
HHH gives chances to people in NXT that Vince never would, Dillinger wasn't ever on top at NXT but he was definitely treated MILES better than how he's been treated on Smackdown. It's laughable that you think he'd put himself in the main event every PPV, I hope you're joking or you're just a massive Triple H troll hahahaha. I'd add Rusev to the underutilized list, can't stand Ryder and he's just bland so not surprised they don't use him. The shit they give Zayn and Owens on SDL is fucking appalling, they don't have a clue what to do with Nakamura. I know they booked him to win the Rumble but they use him horribly on SDL. Balor could be a mixture of his own downfall and booking, but he just bores the fucking hell out of me until he gets in the ring (I loved him in NXT, as I did the others I listed).
He really doesn't, HHH just focuses on himself and his pets. Dillinger became one of the most over acts in NXT yet was never anything more than a jobber to HHH's boys. Its the same thing witn the Iconic Duo who have become quite popular but are just jobbed out to HHH's newest toy in the division.

How is it laughable that HHH would book himself on top. He made Survivor Series all about him. When Sting came in he had to face and beat him. Rouseys come in and he has to face her as well. HHH has one of the biggest egos in wrestling and the power to satiate it. With full power he'd just go crazy. But no he wouldn't book himself to Main Event every PPV, thats not what I said, he'd book himself to Main Event the big PPVs.

All the guys you listed are on TV every week (except Nakamura) and are regularly in high profile programs. They're not underutilised, they're just not pushed hard enough for your liking. Owens and Zayn have been stinking up the Main Event for the last six months.

You can catch me, Rih, in the new La Ferrar'

Womens Champion * World Champion * Hardcore Champion
The Breast Of The Breast
Eva MaRIHyse is offline  
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 10:19 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,254
Points: 11,574
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post
You will see more Stephanie McMahon before anything.

If anyone thinks that HHH is going to come in running shit when HER dad is the one who died must have never been married before.
You got a point there

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapperX View Post
Let's take some money from the parent company that makes money and then give it to the subsidiary that continues to lose money, that will solve every issue lol.


Ask "Billionaire Ted" lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by deadcool View Post
He's not taking over from anybody. Vince is still the guy in charge until the day he dies.
Vince may even haunt WWE then lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan8 View Post
Vince will only give him enough reign for minor cosmetic changes.

If Vince lives another 20 years, HHH will be in his 70s.

Company ownership might skip a generation and go directly to one of Shanes sons if one of them stands out as a future leader.
Read above lol. Probably why Vince will be here til 100.
promoter2003 is offline  
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 11:25 AM
 
RabbitHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 623
Points: 1,268
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapperX View Post
LMAO. 99% of television shows that cost the networks money do get cut. Another fact, 99% of of products that lose money either get sold or phased out. I know you don't like the facts but these are the reasons why you should never own a business, you'll be bankrupt in hours with your rationale that losing money is the way to go in life. Keep doing that at your work and see how your boss likes it. Keep throwing money away from your wallet and then call other people simpletons while everyone else laughs at you while you apply for bankruptcy.

Go back to WCW, Impact, ECW and tell us how your rationale has worked out for you lol.
The WNBA doesn't make money. The NBA G League doesn't make money. Not every minor league baseball team makes money. Need I keep going? NXT is a developmental league. Tons and tons of corporations have business units that aren't profitable directly but help the larger corporation in some way.
RabbitHole is offline  
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 02:18 AM
 
NapperX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,437
Points: 7,635
                     
Re: HHH Taking Over From Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
The WNBA doesn't make money. The NBA G League doesn't make money. Not every minor league baseball team makes money. Need I keep going? NXT is a developmental league. Tons and tons of corporations have business units that aren't profitable directly but help the larger corporation in some way.
So you point out the WNBA that proves my point? WNBA has been on the decline for years. Even the NBA implies it was a mistake...read this:
Quote:
“As much as we’ve done in lending the league our name,” NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said to the New York Times in 2015, “the people who have been in the sports business for a long time, and I’m one of them, historically underestimated the marketing it takes to launch a new property.”

More than a decade later, the league’s financial future has started to stabilize, and its fan base is the size of any fledgling professional sports league 20-some years old, said David Berri, a professor of economics at Southern Utah University who studies gender and sports economics.

The NBA at 21 years of age in 1966 averaged 6,631 fans per game. Players were not paid anywhere close to the exorbitant salaries they now command. The league had 10 teams. The WNBA in 2017 averaged 7,716 fans per game. Players make between $39,000 and $115,000 per season. The league has 12 teams.

And women’s basketball has already carved out a place in the American sports media landscape. NCAA basketball dynasties at Connecticut and Tennessee prove women’s basketball can consistently fill up arenas, especially if the teams’ brands are recognizable.

More than 3.8 million people watched the 2017 NCAA women’s basketball national championship
(which, after stunning upsets, didn’t feature either of those marquee teams). That’s more than 10 times the size of the viewership of a locally broadcast Major League Baseball game.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9b30b555d89d

You forgot how Women's basketball NCAA is profitable? NCAA isn't the same as WNBA no matter how hard you think it may be.


You're playing the wrong ballgame here. Dig deeper to find a suitable excuse

Last edited by NapperX; 03-12-2018 at 02:21 AM.
NapperX is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome