Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League" - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 247Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Training to be a Grappler
 
DMD Mofomagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,278
Points: 7,095
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClass View Post
Me neither I was just saying that it could happen , I don't think WWE will become like the indys or TNA anytime soon but wishful thinking is that professional wrestling becomes more like soccer from a world wide stance by having bigger promotions around the world. I know I want wrestling to become big here in Australia or at least somewhere in the southern hemisphere .
I don't see that happening in America.

I mean, we still can't get baseball right.

But I agree, i miss the day of two shows duking it out over supremacy
DMD Mofomagic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 12:05 PM
HEADBANGA
 
Ham and Egger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,121
Points: 19,876
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Well that sort of money he's making is temporary as most guys do get a sizable increase in the money they make once they're out of the WWE system but do lose value over time which is just the nature of the business. It's good to know that there is money to be made on the independents.




Quote:
I am the New Game. When I am defending my title I'm defending it in GOD MODE! -EC3
Ham and Egger is offline  
post #83 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Parks and Recreation Dept.
 
HankHill_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Small town Saskatchewan
Posts: 7,345
Points: 12,399
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Whiny little bitch probably threw a fit establishing his indie rate.
nyelator likes this.

HankHill_85 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 02:27 PM
 
DJHJR86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,771
Points: 11,535
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Ironically, he's probably making more money due to the fact that he wrestled in the "big leagues".
nyelator likes this.

DJHJR86 is offline  
post #85 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 02:50 PM
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 645
Points: 1,659
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoganIsGOAT View Post
The ignorance of tweets like his are astounding. Let's assume he is telling the truth, which we don't actually know - The reason he is making so much on the indies coming fresh out of WWE is because he's coming fresh out of WWE. That doesn't last forever. Soon enough the fresh WWE feel will wear off and he will be making less, which is why he won't be giving you examples like he did today, a year from now.

It is safe to assume that Aries made bottom tier money for a superstar (in the range of 80-100K). It's also safe to assume that in an overwhelming majority of cases, WWE Superstars make significantly more than indie wrestlers. In other words, Aries tried making a point while using essentially an outlier example, and did so, by providing a small window, immediately after leaving WWE.
While I don't completely disagree with you, in fact I am inclined to agree in most cases, this is not really the "norm" because Aries was a big name on the indies before he ever came to WWE. So in his case I don't think his recent WWE stint has anything to do with the kind of money he can make on the indies.

Also - keep in mind that the indy guys a lot of times are getting travel paid for, and are almost always not working as many dates as the WWE guys. I bet on a per appearance basis some of these indy guys are doing much better than WWE guys. So he may only have to work 100 dates a year to make the money guys in WWE have to work 200 dates.

Then again - indy guys don't get paid if they get hurt, and not as much is guaranteed for them. And it's not like any indy wrestler can demand this type of money, we are talking about the top indy stars.

I think in general (just IMO) a talent in most cases is better off going the WWE route, but there are definitely cases where certain guys (especially guys that Vince doesn't see as big stars, but they are stars on the indies - like an Aries) are most definitely better off on the indy scene. Hopefully in the future that goes even more, not because I'm some kind of indy mark (cause I'm really not at all) but because the wrestling industry needs new ideas and talents very badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles123 View Post
With as big as WWE is it's going to take time, but as I said: it's the natural progression. Wrestling will eventually evolve. Whether it looks the same as WWE does now by then or not remains to be seen. You could make the argument that UFC is that next evolution, but then, wrestling as we know it has it's own market because people like the storylines, characters and such. I think One day you'll see wrestling on platforms like Netflix and that will be where it heads. Twitch too. TV is already on the decline. Thats another thing: The internet is a prime example of a way we're evolving that WWE refuses to tap into the right way. The next big wrestling fed will likely do that better than WWE are.

All sports "evolve" - but it most likely will still be under the WWE banner.

All sports have evolved over time, but the biggest leagues 50, 60, or 70 years ago are still the biggest leagues now. NFL has pretty much always been the biggest American football league. In Europe, it can change from year to year which is #1 or #2 or it goes in cycles, but for the most part the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga have always been the best 4 leagues in world football/soccer.

MLB is the standard bearer for baseball for 100+ years. NBA has always been the top basketball league.

I agree that they (WWE) are reluctant to change, and I would say WWE out of any "sport" is most likely the one that could possibly get over taken by another company/promotion because of this.

But still my money is on WWE still being the standard bearer for wrestling in the future. They may have to alter their presentation to be more "indy like" in the future, if that is what the fans want. I'm not saying that they won't.

But years and years of name association should not be taken for granted. People associate things, NFL is football, NBA is basketball, MLB is baseball, and WWE is wrestling to most people and that's just the way it is. It's hard to change that that perception.

Again - of all those wrestling is the most likely that some other entity could become the industry flag bearer - but it's still not very likely IMO.
LucasXXII and WorldClass like this.
herbski is offline  
post #86 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 02:11 AM
 
Beatles123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,273
Points: 25,170
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbski View Post
All sports "evolve" - but it most likely will still be under the WWE banner.

All sports have evolved over time, but the biggest leagues 50, 60, or 70 years ago are still the biggest leagues now. NFL has pretty much always been the biggest American football league. In Europe, it can change from year to year which is #1 or #2 or it goes in cycles, but for the most part the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga have always been the best 4 leagues in world football/soccer.

MLB is the standard bearer for baseball for 100+ years. NBA has always been the top basketball league.

I agree that they (WWE) are reluctant to change, and I would say WWE out of any "sport" is most likely the one that could possibly get over taken by another company/promotion because of this.

But still my money is on WWE still being the standard bearer for wrestling in the future. They may have to alter their presentation to be more "indy like" in the future, if that is what the fans want. I'm not saying that they won't.

But years and years of name association should not be taken for granted. People associate things, NFL is football, NBA is basketball, MLB is baseball, and WWE is wrestling to most people and that's just the way it is. It's hard to change that that perception.

Again - of all those wrestling is the most likely that some other entity could become the industry flag bearer - but it's still not very likely IMO.
Everything has a shelf life though, especially in an era where it's easier for fans to tell quality from mediocrity.

It isn't about if another fed will ever be on WWE's level. It's about what will ultimately happen to WWE and the wrestling landscape. Change is something WWE hasn't adapted to while other feds are starting to. It may take twenty, thirty years, but something WILL happen unless they smarten up, Fans are smarter than they think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
You say this as if these other promotions don't have their downsides either. The only reason most of these promotions have such a squeaky clean image is because nobody bother to get shoot interviews from midcard and lower midcard workers in a promotion like ROH.
Oh no, not at all. ROH used to be shitty when Cornette was there for example. However, I imagine most wrestlers would prefer that to Vinnie Mac's old demented ass.



John Winston Ono-Lennon

1940-1980

RIP.


Listen to me cut promos and other stuff!:

https://soundcloud.com/matt-edwards-999834004
Beatles123 is offline  
post #87 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 AM
 
Lariatoh!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Krypton
Posts: 6,123
Points: 12,182
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbski View Post
All sports "evolve" - but it most likely will still be under the WWE banner.

All sports have evolved over time, but the biggest leagues 50, 60, or 70 years ago are still the biggest leagues now. NFL has pretty much always been the biggest American football league. In Europe, it can change from year to year which is #1 or #2 or it goes in cycles, but for the most part the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, and Bundesliga have always been the best 4 leagues in world football/soccer.

MLB is the standard bearer for baseball for 100+ years. NBA has always been the top basketball league.

I agree that they (WWE) are reluctant to change, and I would say WWE out of any "sport" is most likely the one that could possibly get over taken by another company/promotion because of this.

But still my money is on WWE still being the standard bearer for wrestling in the future. They may have to alter their presentation to be more "indy like" in the future, if that is what the fans want. I'm not saying that they won't.

But years and years of name association should not be taken for granted. People associate things, NFL is football, NBA is basketball, MLB is baseball, and WWE is wrestling to most people and that's just the way it is. It's hard to change that that perception.

Again - of all those wrestling is the most likely that some other entity could become the industry flag bearer - but it's still not very likely IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles123 View Post
Everything has a shelf life though, especially in an era where it's easier for fans to tell quality from mediocrity.

It isn't about if another fed will ever be on WWE's level. It's about what will ultimately happen to WWE and the wrestling landscape. Change is something WWE hasn't adapted to while other feds are starting to. It may take twenty, thirty years, but something WILL happen unless they smarten up, Fans are smarter than they think.
Well, they need to start doing something soon if any of these images of recent crowds are to go by.

I'd say WrestleMania will still make them money, but the other 364 days of the year will eat away at that big payday if they don't start creating stories and talent that people are invested in.
LucasXXII likes this.
Lariatoh! is offline  
post #88 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 09:00 AM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,646
Points: 56,225
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles123 View Post
Oh no, not at all. ROH used to be shitty when Cornette was there for example. However, I imagine most wrestlers would prefer that to Vinnie Mac's old demented ass.
I really doubt it, look at how many people return to it. At the end of the day wrestling is a job, most people tend to not care for how their place of employment is run. Again I'm willing to bet if you asked somebody who's been stuck in the ROH midcard if everything there is so great and the bookers give everybody an equal shot they'd say no.
RapShepard is offline  
post #89 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 AM
 
Laughable Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5,244
Points: 44,397
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapShepard View Post
I really doubt it, look at how many people return to it. At the end of the day wrestling is a job, most people tend to not care for how their place of employment is run. Again I'm willing to bet if you asked somebody who's been stuck in the ROH midcard if everything there is so great and the bookers give everybody an equal shot they'd say no.
If you go into wrestling with the mindset that its just a job, you're in the wrong industry.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1p8SFdNzHFG7ucy12LjzImGeYfEh_q8xCNpCsUBPJkbKUsbUf
Laughable Chimp is offline  
post #90 of 96 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 09:27 AM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18,646
Points: 56,225
                     
Re: Austin Aries On Money He Made In "Bingo Hall" vs. "The Big League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughable Chimp View Post
If you go into wrestling with the mindset that its just a job, you're in the wrong industry.
What i'm not doing career/jobs semantics I'm talking in general people tend to not be thrilled with those in upper management and the person that signs their checks
RapShepard is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome