The Bullet Club a flop so far? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 335Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,140
Points: 3,663
 
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingInMemphis View Post
Great article from Bleacher Report on this topic. They pretty much nailed it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...recent-booking



Gotta make Roman look strong...

These guys are not big names to warrant a major push. Gallows was Fetus and CM Punk lackey for crying out loud when he was last seen on American TV.
cm dunk likes this.
oldschoolfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:56 AM
Ace
Cutthroat Era
 
Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28,607
Points: 90,076
                     
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Vince's Club is no Bullet Club.

Please refrain from comparing it to the real thing, it's insulting..
DJRick likes this.

Ace is offline  
post #23 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:57 AM
Heel Turn on James Ellsworth
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,368
Points: 7,234
                     
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Just because Op doesn't like the bullet club , it's consider a flop ? Unless Op is vince mcmahon , i think not.
marshal99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:58 AM
Browse me
 
Chrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Google Headquarters
Posts: 25,793
Points: 57,244
                     
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?



And spare me the "give it time" shtick, I've heard that one too many times. And fwiw, it's WWE's fault for messing them up. Never really watched them in New Japan, but they seemed way cooler there than what they are in WWE. Also calling them "The Club" instead of "Bullet Club" is also stupid, royalties be damned.
Ace and ste1592 like this.

Chrome is offline  
post #25 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,140
Points: 3,663
 
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
They've never been good. Gallows didn't magically become great by going to Japan like WWE would have you believe and Karl Anderson has never been much more than average. They're incredibly average wrestlers. They won't cut any classic promos and they won't have many good matches, not that having great matches really matters in WWE. Point being, both are average to bad on the mic. Like everyone else on the roster.

The Bullet Club brought a lot of fans in who had never watched puroresu before, so they thought nothing of how Americanized New Japan was becoming. The Bullet Club has never been good, they've done more bad for the company than good. Pushing AJ was a mistake because all it did was add to his brand so he could go somewhere else.

Also, pretending like they were a big deal was another hilarious misstep. WWE needs to realize that not all of their fans watch Japanese wrestling. They shouldn't have to go out and google who the Bullet Club is, WWE needs to show us why these guys are as great as they say they are. Well, they aren't for one, and this leaves the audience confused on why they should care about some guys who just showed up with zero build. WWE is handling this all wrong and needs to stop appealing to the core, hardcore fanbase and start trying to appeal to the casual fans again.

I honestly do not care how much they lose because of how much I hated them in New Japan.
You hit the nail on the head and spot on with this post. I agree many do not follow NJPW and these guys wasn't household names like your Hall, Nash, Hogan, Savage etc. I seen many comparing them to the NWO but there is none not even a touch.
Onyx and cm dunk like this.
oldschoolfan is offline  
post #26 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 01:59 AM
Ace
Cutthroat Era
 
Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28,607
Points: 90,076
                     
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
They've never been good. Gallows didn't magically become great by going to Japan like WWE would have you believe and Karl Anderson has never been much more than average. They're incredibly average wrestlers. They won't cut any classic promos and they won't have many good matches, not that having great matches really matters in WWE. Point being, both are average to bad on the mic. Like everyone else on the roster.

The Bullet Club brought a lot of fans in who had never watched puroresu before, so they thought nothing of how Americanized New Japan was becoming. The Bullet Club has never been good, they've done more bad for the company than good. Pushing AJ was a mistake because all it did was add to his brand so he could go somewhere else.

Also, pretending like they were a big deal was another hilarious misstep. WWE needs to realize that not all of their fans watch Japanese wrestling. They shouldn't have to go out and google who the Bullet Club is, WWE needs to show us why these guys are as great as they say they are. Well, they aren't for one, and this leaves the audience confused on why they should care about some guys who just showed up with zero build. WWE is handling this all wrong and needs to stop appealing to the core, hardcore fanbase and start trying to appeal to the casual fans again.

I honestly do not care how much they lose because of how much I hated them in New Japan.
Yeah, because it's indie darlings who have been booked as unbeatable for the last 3 fucking years.

It's appealing to casuals (women and children) that is killing this company. Men are tuning out in the droves and turning over to the UFC, while the mens soap opera simply becomes just another cartoon/soap opera (a really crappy one at that).
si1927 likes this.


Last edited by Ace; 05-15-2016 at 02:01 AM.
Ace is offline  
post #27 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 02:02 AM
Ace
Cutthroat Era
 
Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28,607
Points: 90,076
                     
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post


And spare me the "give it time" shtick, I've heard that one too many times. And fwiw, it's WWE's fault for messing them up. Never really watched them in New Japan, but they seemed way cooler there than what they are in WWE. Also calling them "The Club" instead of "Bullet Club" is also stupid, royalties be damned.
Only VKM is stupid up enough to mess up The BC when he has it's core at his disposal. They could have made life easy for themselves for the next 12-18 months, instead we have another 10 years of Roman running through the roster to look forward to. I'm at the point of tapping out, once AJ is out of the main event, I'm probably going to stop watching for good and only follow his feuds. The rest will likely be garbage with someone elses favorite being fed to The Big Deuce in some pointless feud we know The Big Deuce is winning.

Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't fuck up The Rock and SCSA.
WalkingInMemphis likes this.


Last edited by Ace; 05-15-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Ace is offline  
post #28 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,140
Points: 3,663
 
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXT83 View Post
Fucks sake here we go!

"DDAAAHHHH YOU SMARKS AND YOUR IWC DARLINGS DEY'LL NEVER GET OVER IN DA BIG LEAGUES!!!"

How in the name of cunting fuck is ANYONE going to get over and look like a big deal if they are booked to be

A) Just another run of the mill Tag Team?
B) Losing clean in the middle of the ring to Roman Reigns on free-tv
C) Getting pushed to the limit by fucking USOS??!!!

Gallows and Anderson shouldn't have been wrestling right away, they should have been teamed with Balor and presented as a powerful, invading force. Then given a debut at a PPV, which they win!!
It's shit WWE booking and their stubborn attitude that is at fault again.

Take your anti-smark blinders off and actually see the situation as it is!
Seriously mate you're either trolling or.....well I'll keep that to myself but Jesus Christ man!!
Wow calm down there pal it's not that serious.

A) Anderson and Gallows do look more like a tag team that should go for the belts.

B)Why should they go over Reigns the top star? What warrant them to do so other than wrestling in NJPW so it's a sense of entitlement from many of you.

C) they are on the level of the USOS again Gallows always been a jobber and that Anderson guy is average so far.
cm dunk likes this.
oldschoolfan is offline  
post #29 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 02:08 AM
Ace
Cutthroat Era
 
Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28,607
Points: 90,076
                     
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
Wow calm down there pal it's not that serious.

A) Anderson and Gallows do look more like a tag team that should go for the belts.

B)Why should they go over Reigns the top star? What warrant them to do so other than wrestling in NJPW so it's a sense of entitlement from many of you.

C) they are on the level of the USOS again Gallows always been a jobber and that Anderson guy is average so far.
You don't get it in the slightest. AJ even with the help of his buddies from Japan can't beat Roman. Do you know how fucked that is when you're trying to sell a rivalry and feud. How the fuck is AJ supposed to win? Run Roman over with his car ( never gonna happen because it isn't PG lol...)? Knowing VKM, he'd probably still have him kick out at 2 then spear AJ for the win. That's how fucked up it is now with this BS superman booking. This is 2016, no one buys superman crap, particularly when you've been shoving down the fans throats for the last decade with Cena.


Last edited by Ace; 05-15-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Ace is offline  
post #30 of 249 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,140
Points: 3,663
 
Re: The Bullet Club a flop so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
Just because Op doesn't like the bullet club , it's consider a flop ? Unless Op is vince mcmahon , i think not.

What a great reply But to answer your question I have nothing against the Bullet Club or Club. It's just the expectations and comparison to the NWO were very laughable for the start.
oldschoolfan is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome