Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing. - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 66Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:57 PM
 
2Pieced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,758
Points: 5,593
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
This is wrestling not boxing totally different.
Maybe but they have shown that they will pay to see smaller fighters in boxing and MMA so there is no reason why they would not in the WWE where they can control everywhere and the crowd already know it's a fake fight so why does the size matter.

Punch Kick
2Pieced is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:02 PM
The Shaper of Illusions
 
Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,293
Points: 6,606
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

JR = IWC God.
Black is offline  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Making James Ellsworth GET MY BAGS
 
Dub J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,010
Points: 6,694
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

"Or, they’ve never had their ass whipped by a smaller guy especially amateur wrestlers who are under 200 pounds."

His statement is a bit off. A 300 lb professionally trained athlete in a certain discipline is going to destroy a 200 lb professionally trained athlete in the same discipline. Just 20 lbs is a monumental size disparity.
oldschoolfan and Truthbetold like this.

Dub J always waits until 9 and 3/4 to climb back in the ring.
Dub J is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
SnapOrTap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,062
Points: 3,630
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

I mean UFC's biggest draw is Connor McGregor and he weighs like 165 pds.

This "small guys don't draw" Bullshit is as archaic as Vince's ideas on what a draw really is.
Steve Black Man likes this.
SnapOrTap is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:09 PM
 
2Pieced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,758
Points: 5,593
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOrTap View Post
I mean UFC's biggest draw is Connor McGregor and he weighs like 165 pds.

This "small guys don't draw" Bullshit is as archaic as Vince's ideas on what a draw really is.
Vince is a product of the 80's where the musclebound action hero was at it's height with Schwarzenegger and Stallone etc, he's still there.
SnapOrTap and Steve Black Man like this.

Punch Kick
2Pieced is offline  
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:09 PM
 
LPPrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,439
Points: 13,715
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

Brock Lesnar=Going to get a huge pop

Dean Ambrose=Going to get a huge pop

Roman Reigns=Going to be relabeled a wank pheasant

I mean get real
Raw-Is-Botchamania likes this.
LPPrince is online now  
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:10 PM
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
 
A-C-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: I Hail From Green Bay, WI
Posts: 24,710
Points: 44,738
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon_Rising View Post
On the Ross Report, JR also said:

"I think WWE is kinda flirting with potential disaster as it relates to the TV persona and the ongoing development of Roman Reigns by booking him in a triple threat match at Fast Lane versus Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose, who are both very solid fan favourites."

"If anyone thinks that Roman Reigns isn't going to get booed come Fast Lane... then you are drinking too much of the bong water."
So basically JR has revealed on his latest podcast that Vince McMahon, in fact, drinks bong water

A-C-P is offline  
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
SnapOrTap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,062
Points: 3,630
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

If you also look at it from another perspective, all their big guys beside Brock suck.

Roman Reigns
Big Show
Erick Rowan
Braun Strawman

Luke Harper is good but at this point he's an afterthought.
SnapOrTap is offline  
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,140
Points: 3,663
 
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pieced View Post
Maybe but they have shown that they will pay to see smaller fighters in boxing and MMA so there is no reason why they would not in the WWE where they can control everywhere and the crowd already know it's a fake fight so why does the size matter.
Your argument is totally off base. As a big boxing fan Mayweather didn't start getting recognized in the public until he adapted his Money Mayweather persona. He is one of the most skillfull boxers of all time and most find him boring because he is a defensive first fighter. The only reason Mayweather is a big draw is because of his persona and people really want to pay to see him lose which won't happen because he is that damn good. Now maybe if these smaller indy guys adpoted a personality like Mayweather has shown to draw mainstream attention they would be a draw too instead of worrying about crazy spots and 5 star matches which don't draw to the causals like Mayweather has.

Another example of a small skillful boxer is Tim Bradly but the causal fans do like care about him because his personality is dry and he is not a PPV draw because of it. Me personally I have no problem with small wrestlers long as they entertain me. Some of my all time favorites that are small are Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Shane Douglas, Mr. Perfect, Jericho, Raven, Benoit I can go on and on. However the difference between those guys I just named compared to these small Indy guys many praise of this forum is to go along with good work rate those guys also have a character and go mic skills besides Benoit to get the crowd to invest.
Lothario likes this.
oldschoolfan is offline  
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:23 PM
 
yeahright2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,389
Points: 11,939
                     
Re: Jim Ross On The Main Event Of Fastlane and on smaller wrestlers not drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirioc View Post
http://wrestlingnews.co/jim-ross-on-...autobiography/

With three fan favorites in the main event of Fast Lane itís obvious that at least one of them will be booed.
Ehmm..That would be 2 fan favorites and Reigns
anirioc likes this.
yeahright2 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome