Re: Backstage Notes On The WWE Hell In A Cell Main Event Finish
It's interesting. I read the report and it sounds like the booking was the sh**s. I wasn't surprised that Fiend didn't win the title, but they really screwed up the entire concept of the HIAC match in general. Worse things have happened in an HIAC than a guy hitting another guy (who was wearing a heavily padded mask, and had a ladder and chairs covering his head) with a sledge hammer shot, and the referee didn't DQ anybody. Furthermore, they in fact DQ'd a dominant Rollins and now they are back peddling because they know they messed up.
So in summary:
1) They screwed up the entire foundation and concept of an HIAC match.
2) They screwed up a very popular Wyatt who the fans were actually behind despite being a heel.
3) They screwed up whatever good will they had left with the fans.
4) They ruined the credibility of multiple finishers and made them look like hip tosses (super kick, curb stomps, pedigree).
5) They managed to ruin whatever psychology was left in an HIAC match and made ECW matches look more credible.
All to protect a second rate talentless hack known as Seth Rollins who has yet to move the needle in any aspect of being a draw.
There is a bigger implication and point that we should discuss. I see the IWC in general and wrestling media blaming Vince. Do we even know that it was Vince who booked all this?
Think about this for a moment, it's no secret that XFL is going to start in a little over 4 months, he's missing RAW and Smackdown shows left and right (except for the Fox debut one), he doesn't even attend NXT; clearly he's more focussed on XFL and it's taking a lot more of his time than current wrestling.
Whose to say that it wasn't Triple HGH who booked this horse sh**? Like he did the RR 2014 (which only got revealed because of Austin, who happened to be there and indirectly revealed it in his podcast)? I suspected Heyman, but from what I understand, he's only involved on RAW and Lesnar's booking on Smackdown.
Last edited by deadcool; 10-07-2019 at 10:43 AM.