Randy Orton and that finisher - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:20 PM
 
Rankles75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,514
Points: 6,630
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

Loved the RKO counter from Ali in that match btw, very creative.
ellthom likes this.

Rankles75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:45 PM
 
ellthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 15,927
Points: 34,244
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva MaRIHyse View Post
Its pretty sad when hitting a finisher and getting the win is a big deal. But thats what Spot Monkey Pro Wrestling is at thesedays, simple little things are awesome because they're a chance from the moronic status quo where anti-draw World Champs spam 20 finishers in a minute.
Shawn Michaels v Undertakers 2nd Wrestlemania match was exactly that though. Triple H v Brock Lesner, Triple H v Undertaker also. Every Brock Lesner v Roman Reigns match was just finisher after finisher...

I understand you are not a fan of more athletic lucha/Japanese/indy style wrestling thats cool, you are entailed to it. But don't be hypercritical and say it's solely on 'spot monekys' or 'anti-draws'. I mean true it happens more now, but thats because it gets a reaction. People still react to it and invest themselves in the match when that shit happens. Sure it sucks, but you know when WWE find something that works they beat it to death like a baby seal. If people stopped reacting to that stuff or showed their lack of interest then they'd maybe stop doing it.

I aint excusing shit finisher spam matches, I personally would love to go back to a time when a finisher was a finisher, and if you kicked out of one it was once every blue moon and it was a big deal. But try and think with a clear mind please, this isnt exlusive to certain wrestlers these days. IT doesnt matter if you are someone like Brock Lesner or someone like Adam Cole no one is spared.

Now if you compared it to the Golden Era when finishers were just that, I could completely agree.
Blaze likes this.

ellthom is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:51 PM
HiiiPower
 
WINNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "My reckless mouth will probably lead to bullets in my ribs/No fear I ain't scared my mind is highly prepared" - Bishop Nehru
Posts: 22,814
Points: 10,401
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

If Orton could give even less than a fuck about his WWE position at the moment, it'd be almost impossible. Sheesh, is he bored.

I run an anime-centric CAW league called Anime Championship Wrestling
Follow ACW on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | BitChute
Also, follow your BREH personally on Twitter: @HakeemIsWinning
WINNING is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Fearless University Graduate
 
Eva MaRIHyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rihanna Drive
Favourite(s): Tessa Blanchard
Posts: 14,382
Points: 60,872
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellthom View Post
Shawn Michaels v Undertakers 2nd Wrestlemania match was exactly that though. Triple H v Brock Lesner, Triple H v Undertaker also. Every Brock Lesner v Roman Reigns match was just finisher after finisher...

I understand you are not a fan of more athletic lucha/Japanese/indy style wrestling thats cool, you are entailed to it. But don't be hypercritical and say it's solely on 'spot monekys' or 'anti-draws'. I mean true it happens more now, but thats because it gets a reaction. People still react to it and invest themselves in the match when that shit happens. Sure it sucks, but you know when WWE find something that works they beat it to death like a baby seal. If people stopped reacting to that stuff or showed their lack of interest then they'd maybe stop doing it.

I aint excusing shit finisher spam matches, I personally would love to go back to a time when a finisher was a finisher, and if you kicked out of one it was once every blue moon and it was a big deal. But try and think with a clear mind please, this isnt exlusive to certain wrestlers these days. IT doesnt matter if you are someone like Brock Lesner or someone like Adam Cole no one is spared.

Now if you compared it to the Golden Era when finishers were just that, I could completely agree.
Its not just an Indy guy problem of course. Its become the WWE style, spam finishers and finisher kickouts to create drama. Its all they really know how to do anymore.

You can catch me, Rih, in the new La Ferrar'

Womens Champion * World Champion * Hardcore Champion
The Breast Of The Breast
Eva MaRIHyse is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
 
Death Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,896
Points: 22,594
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva MaRIHyse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellthom View Post
Shawn Michaels v Undertakers 2nd Wrestlemania match was exactly that though. Triple H v Brock Lesner, Triple H v Undertaker also. Every Brock Lesner v Roman Reigns match was just finisher after finisher...

I understand you are not a fan of more athletic lucha/Japanese/indy style wrestling thats cool, you are entailed to it. But don't be hypercritical and say it's solely on 'spot monekys' or 'anti-draws'. I mean true it happens more now, but thats because it gets a reaction. People still react to it and invest themselves in the match when that shit happens. Sure it sucks, but you know when WWE find something that works they beat it to death like a baby seal. If people stopped reacting to that stuff or showed their lack of interest then they'd maybe stop doing it.

I aint excusing shit finisher spam matches, I personally would love to go back to a time when a finisher was a finisher, and if you kicked out of one it was once every blue moon and it was a big deal. But try and think with a clear mind please, this isnt exlusive to certain wrestlers these days. IT doesnt matter if you are someone like Brock Lesner or someone like Adam Cole no one is spared.

Now if you compared it to the Golden Era when finishers were just that, I could completely agree.
Its not just an Indy guy problem of course. Its become the WWE style, spam finishers and finisher kickouts to create drama. Its all they really know how to do anymore.
As someone who watches some Indys I have never seen a match with 11 finishers on one guy who kicks out at one expect last night
Eva MaRIHyse and llj like this.



Spoiler for Don't be sad it is over, be happy it happened:

Death Rider is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 05:02 AM
 
ellthom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 15,927
Points: 34,244
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Rider View Post
As someone who watches some Indys I have never seen a match with 11 finishers on one guy who kicks out at one expect last night
Exactly, I was saying it was a WWE problem, and we shouldn't blame anything else but WWE.


Last edited by ellthom; 10-08-2019 at 05:04 AM.
ellthom is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 08:59 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 287
Points: 3
                   
If you watch closely randy is so incredibly lazy in the ring. You can hear him cling the spots, he taps the other to lead in moves, tap on the thigh for Ali good match during the pin and that damn stupid hand clap thing before the snap slam move. It's come on opponent get in line for my moves. I actually think he is quite funny but he doesn't do the business much favours with his lazy ring work and untouchable sort of mentality. I'd like to see him work in another promotion where he would be so lazy. I think his anti indie gimmick thing could be really good in another promotion. In wwe he just goes through the motions. RKO saves his bacon most weeks as folk don't care what else he does in a match.
llj likes this.

Last edited by thisissting; 10-09-2019 at 09:06 PM.
thisissting is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 09:02 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 287
Points: 3
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNING View Post
If Orton could give even less than a fuck about his WWE position at the moment, it'd be almost impossible. Sheesh, is he bored.
Spot on. He couldn't give a shit he knows Vince won't fire him. He needs to leave wwe to have any credibility that is if he even gives a toss.
thisissting is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 01:34 AM
 
Twilight Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Finland
Posts: 368
Points: 1,161
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch.unleash View Post
But can he do 36 Curb Stomps in a minute?
No, but he sure can reverse it into an RKO.

Last edited by Twilight Sky; 10-10-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Twilight Sky is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:18 AM
 
MrEvans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,097
Points: 3,665
                     
Re: Randy Orton and that finsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNING View Post
If Orton could give even less than a fuck about his WWE position at the moment, it'd be almost impossible. Sheesh, is he bored.
Imagine he showed up for the other guys
MrEvans is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome