Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship) - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Who is going to walk out as the Raw Woman's Championship?
Lacey Evans 12 24.00%
Becky Lynch 38 76.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

 92Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:31 PM
HiiiPower
 
WINNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "My reckless mouth will probably lead to bullets in my ribs/No fear I ain't scared my mind is highly prepared" - Bishop Nehru
Posts: 22,814
Points: 10,401
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Lyfe420 View Post
Lacey's match with Becky at MITB was better than Becky/Charlotte. The hate for Lacey on here is some of the most hyperbolic shit I've ever seen. Are we really pretending Charlotte and Becky can work after they shit the bed at WM? They have years of main roster experience under their belt and they are still below average workers. Lacey has them beat handily in mic skills, charisma and character work which are far more important traits than ring work in a company where the word wrestling is banned.

If ring work mattered neither Becky nor Charlotte would be at the top of the division. They would be hiring women who can actually work. Asuka could barely get a 3 star match out of Becky
Just as the meme support of Lacey on here is some of the most cringe, disingenuous shit I've seen on here in a long while and I've seen some shit.

Lacey isn't ready at all and the strengths she has aren't enough to justify making her a consistent main event player, let alone a World champion.

I run an anime-centric CAW league called Anime Championship Wrestling
Follow ACW on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | BitChute
Also, follow your BREH personally on Twitter: @HakeemIsWinning
WINNING is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:53 PM
 
ThEmB0neZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,217
Points: 7,785
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Lyfe420 View Post
Lacey's match with Becky at MITB was better than Becky/Charlotte. The hate for Lacey on here is some of the most hyperbolic shit I've ever seen. Are we really pretending Charlotte and Becky can work after they shit the bed at WM? They have years of main roster experience under their belt and they are still below average workers. Lacey has them beat handily in mic skills, charisma and character work which are far more important traits than ring work in a company where the word wrestling is banned.

If ring work mattered neither Becky nor Charlotte would be at the top of the division. They would be hiring women who can actually work. Asuka could barely get a 3 star match out of Becky





Man the IWC has the attention span of a fish . Becky vs Charlotte had multiple MOTY candidates last year FFS. Sorry pal a bad match doesn't make the wrestler, bad matches happen and the WM match wasn't even that bad the botched pinned and the crowd exhaustion ruined it. They don't get more hate than Lacey because they had so many 4 star matches with each other that 1 non 4 star match doesn't change anything.


"Asuka could barely get a 3 star match out of Becky"

LMAO yea sure pal. I'm sure Lacey would've gotten 4 stars lol

"If ring work mattered neither Becky nor Charlotte would be at the top of the division"

Agreed ringwork is overrated by the IWC but FFS Becky and Charlotte had bangers with eachother and Lacey hasn't because she is green as grass. Lacey's character is goofy as shit too.



Sorry i'm not going to go and blame Asuka for her shit matches with Mandy and Carmella but you say Becky and Charlotte are below average workers because they don't carry weaker opponents? You on crack?

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic210504_1.gif

Last edited by ThEmB0neZ; 06-08-2019 at 08:54 PM.
ThEmB0neZ is offline  
post #33 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Southern Pride
 
Southerner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The South
Posts: 2,019
Points: 6,078
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

All that I know is that some people are going out of their way to hate on Lacey now.

Saying that Lacey is the worst in the Womens Division or the whole WWE is totally inaccurate. I can think of 3 women off of the top of my head who are even worse and they have been in the WWE much longer. One of them is a chore to even watch in the ring and shes on the RAW brand.

Y'all wonder why Lacey is getting another shot. Look at the state of the RAW Womens Division. If Naomi or Natalya were getting the opportunity y'all still would be complaining. WWE at least tries to do something different and people still complain. Like I said in the past, even the best Women wrestlers in the WWE have bad matches. Same goes for the males. Stop over analyzing everything.
nWo4Lyfe420 and sara sad like this.


Supporting Charlotte and Charly Caruso!

Other favorites: Lacey Evans, AJ Styles, Elias, Carmella, R-Truth, Braun Strowman, Nikki Bella and King Corbin.
Bless your heart.
Southerner is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Favourite(s): Scarlett Bordeaux, Lacey Evans, Y2J, MJF, MOX
Posts: 4,891
Points: 14,806
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
All that I know is that some people are going out of their way to hate on Lacey now.

Saying that Lacey is the worst in the Womens Division or the whole WWE is totally inaccurate. I can think of 3 women off of the top of my head who are even worse and they have been in the WWE much longer. One of them is a chore to even watch in the ring and shes on the RAW brand.

Y'all wonder why Lacey is getting another shot. Look at the state of the RAW Womens Division. If Naomi or Natalya were getting the opportunity y'all still would be complaining. WWE at least tries to do something different and people still complain. Like I said in the past, even the best Women wrestlers in the WWE have bad matches. Same goes for the males. Stop over analyzing everything.
It is starting to reach Hogan/Brock levels of hate on here. All you have to do is look at the ratings thread where people were giving her 1's and 2's in the looks, charisma and mic skills categories. Every once in awhile smarks find someone to take all their frustration out on and Lacey is that person.

Hopefully it bodes well for her because usually when smarks hate someone this much they become a big star.
Southerner likes this.
nWo4Lyfe420 is offline  
post #35 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bray, Joe, Owens, Jericho, Mox, MJF, WALTER
Posts: 95,514
Points: 81,504
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
All that I know is that some people are going out of their way to hate on Lacey now.

Saying that Lacey is the worst in the Womens Division or the whole WWE is totally inaccurate. I can think of 3 women off of the top of my head who are even worse and they have been in the WWE much longer. One of them is a chore to even watch in the ring and shes on the RAW brand.

Y'all wonder why Lacey is getting another shot. Look at the state of the RAW Womens Division. If Naomi or Natalya were getting the opportunity y'all still would be complaining. WWE at least tries to do something different and people still complain. Like I said in the past, even the best Women wrestlers in the WWE have bad matches. Same goes for the males. Stop over analyzing everything.
You don't have to "go out of your way" to find massive, black hole sized flaws in every aspect of her game. Quite the opposite in fact, you have to hugely twist things out of order to find strengths.

"WWE tries to do something different".....really? Tall, white, blonde, big titted, bitchy heel who can't wrestle is something different?
WINNING and Tag89 like this.


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT



Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 06-08-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Kratosx23 is offline  
post #36 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Favourite(s): Scarlett Bordeaux, Lacey Evans, Y2J, MJF, MOX
Posts: 4,891
Points: 14,806
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
You don't have to "go out of your way" to find massive, black hole sized flaws in every aspect of her game. Quite the opposite in fact, you have to hugely twist things out of order to find strengths.
Her only flaw is ring work (which she's still on par with most of the women in the company at) and as I've said before can be disguised by letting her brawl and working shorter matches.

Her mic skills are great. She speaks with confidence and great delivery. The fans tried to rattle her with what chants this week and it didn't phase her. Most of the roster would have crumbled.

She's one of the few wrestlers in the company with an actual character and she makes the most of it with the different ring attires, great facial expressions and mannerisms, little things like taking out the handkerchief mid-match. She's entertaining and stands out in a company where most people look and talk the same.
nWo4Lyfe420 is offline  
post #37 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Wrestling fans never learn
 
Kratosx23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Look behind the mirror, I'm lost in the Twilight Hall. Once I'll be back for a moment in time, that's when the mirror's falling down...
Favourite(s): Asuka, Bray, Joe, Owens, Jericho, Mox, MJF, WALTER
Posts: 95,514
Points: 81,504
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)



I genuinely cannot believe these are real opinions.

This bitch comes out to crickets literally every time she appears. She has less charisma than John Morrison. As always, there always has to be a contrarian view on WF to what's accepted as normal.
WINNING likes this.


SUBSCRIBE TO THE GOAT



Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 06-08-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Kratosx23 is offline  
post #38 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Favourite(s): Scarlett Bordeaux, Lacey Evans, Y2J, MJF, MOX
Posts: 4,891
Points: 14,806
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEmB0neZ View Post



Man the IWC has the attention span of a fish . Becky vs Charlotte had multiple MOTY candidates last year FFS. Sorry pal a bad match doesn't make the wrestler, bad matches happen and the WM match wasn't even that bad the botched pinned and the crowd exhaustion ruined it. They don't get more hate than Lacey because they had so many 4 star matches with each other that 1 non 4 star match doesn't change anything.


"Asuka could barely get a 3 star match out of Becky"

LMAO yea sure pal. I'm sure Lacey would've gotten 4 stars lol

"If ring work mattered neither Becky nor Charlotte would be at the top of the division"

Agreed ringwork is overrated by the IWC but FFS Becky and Charlotte had bangers with eachother and Lacey hasn't because she is green as grass. Lacey's character is goofy as shit too.



Sorry i'm not going to go and blame Asuka for her shit matches with Mandy and Carmella but you say Becky and Charlotte are below average workers because they don't carry weaker opponents? You on crack?
"a bad match doesn't make the wrestler"

Apparently for you and others having a bad match makes Lacey bad. It wasn't just a bad match either, it was a bad match in the main event of WM. Arguably the worst match on the card and made the fans not give two shits about Becky winning by the time it was over.

If you think any Becky vs Charlotte match was a MOTY contender then you should watch non-Becky matches.

Lacey's character is goofy but Becky isn't? Her bad accent bouncing all over the place saying "ya little weirdo, ya dope" every other line is the kind of shit that makes non-wrestling fans laugh at wrestling.
nWo4Lyfe420 is offline  
post #39 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:23 PM
 
WWEfan4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: California
Favourite(s): Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, The Miz, Sasha, Bayley
Posts: 3,620
Points: 9,342
                     
Re: Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans (Raw Woman's Championship)

Who is Charlotte going to interfere on

Becky of Lacey?

WWEfan4eva is online now  
post #40 of 129 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:53 PM
 
RamPaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,677
Points: 7,527
                     
Lacey Evans receives "hate" because she's not qualified to be in the position she's in right now. Shes not a believable threat to Becky and would be better suited feuding with someone like Naomi or Dana. Then they could have built her character up enough to where she could have been a contender for the title.

Right now shes extremely green and it's been noticable since the Royal Rumble. And no matter how good people want to claim her character work is her ring skills are too big of a flaw to be ignored.
WINNING and Tag89 like this.

RamPaige is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome