The Little Mermaid (2020) - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 165Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:13 AM
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
 
Miss Sally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 13,709
Points: 37,153
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus21 View Post
Zenoscope is a comic book company actually. There main gimmick is taking classic fairy tales and turning them into dark superhero type stories. Works pretty well for the most part
Oh okay, the anime comes from the Hans Christian story which is pretty dark in it's own right.

Miss Sally is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:16 AM
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,964
Points: 70,297
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sally View Post
Oh okay, the anime comes from the Hans Christian story which is pretty dark in it's own right.
Most of them are. Sad that most people only know the light hearted Disney versions. Some of the original tales are pretty fucked up.


Also here's the cover of that comic if you are interested

Rated-R-Peepz and Miss Sally like this.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Let's make some magic.
virus21 is offline  
post #43 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:18 AM
 
Ninja Hedgehog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,877
Points: 7,459
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sally View Post
OH MY GOD, 80% of this thread is you saying you're not triggered and arguing with ultron. If you're not triggered then stop responding to him!

Back to the topic at hand, I agree with Reaper on this.

What I'm curious about is will Prince Erik be white? Because you all have seen the Disney story right? In their version Ariel basically rejects her people to chase around a Prince because she thinks the human world is vastly superior to her own. Nobody can convince her otherwise, even after everyone sacrifices for her she never really learns her lesson because she's love struck. The king only grants her wish because she'll never be happy with her own people... Ariel is one of the worst Princesses

So now I'm very curious about how this plays out. You should go with the original anime version of this, it's far superior.

Also, so this is great casting? What has this girl played in? I'm not sure I've seen her in anything.
Her and her sister sang at Wrestlemania 34. Not aware of anything else she has been in

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestleman...restlemania-34
Miss Sally likes this.

Ninja Hedgehog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
 
Miss Sally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 13,709
Points: 37,153
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus21 View Post
Most of them are. Sad that most people only know the light hearted Disney versions. Some of the original tales are pretty fucked up.


Also here's the cover of that comic if you are interested

I am! Thank you, if I can find the anime will let you know, it's totally worth a watch. I'd ask my auntie but she has dementia so she won't know. I did ask my cousin but she hadn't seen the tape in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Hedgehog View Post
Her and her sister sang at Wrestlemania 34. Not aware of anything else she has been in

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestleman...restlemania-34
Thanks because I didn't see anything. So unsure how this is excellent casting when it appears she's never acted before in a film. I don't recall many singers transitioning to the acting screen very well, never know though!


Last edited by Miss Sally; 07-04-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Miss Sally is online now  
post #45 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:21 AM
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,964
Points: 70,297
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sally View Post
I am! Thank you, if I can find the anime will let you know, it's totally worth a watch. I'd ask my auntie but she has dementia so she won't know. I did ask my cousin but she hadn't seen the tape in years.



Thanks because I didn't see anything. So unsure how this is excellent casting when it appears she's never acted before in a film. I don't recall many singers transitioning to the acting screen very well, never know though!
No problem. Its a pretty good read.

IS this the anime?

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Let's make some magic.
virus21 is offline  
post #46 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:24 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,441
Points: 3,932
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Are some of us really crying about little mermaid on a wrestling forum? If you dont like it dont watch it... the bottom line is disney is going to make a shit ton of money no matter what they do so why get upset because a character is a different race?

Cant believe some us are still spooked at the thought of minorities being cast in movies
TommyWCECM and Ninja Hedgehog like this.
ObsoleteMule is offline  
post #47 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:37 AM
 
Ninja Hedgehog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,877
Points: 7,459
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sally View Post
Thanks because I didn't see anything. So unsure how this is excellent casting when it appears she's never acted before in a film. I don't recall many singers transitioning to the acting screen very well, never know though!
I would imagine people are pleased as she clearly has an amazing voice, which will be ideal for a Disney movie. Can she act? No idea. But the casting people have obviously seen enough good things to pick her. I'm sure they saw hundreds and hundreds of people, and she was the one they chose. I would guess that there were more famous people that went for the role, and they still selected her.

Sure, there have been some great singers that have been terrible in films, but it's not always the case. Cher won an Oscar for Moonstruck and Lady Gaga got rave reviews for her performance in A Star Is Born
TommyWCECM likes this.

Ninja Hedgehog is offline  
post #48 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:25 AM
From parts unknown
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,293
Points: 81,213
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Hedgehog View Post
Cuts down on CGI costs I guess
Be careful now. We wouldn't want someone to accuse you of fat shaming.

PS. You are actually fat shaming btw. So.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteMule View Post
Are some of us really crying about little mermaid on a wrestling forum? If you dont like it dont watch it... the bottom line is disney is going to make a shit ton of money no matter what they do so why get upset because a character is a different race?

Cant believe some us are still spooked at the thought of minorities being cast in movies
As a minority I do not like the Erasure of white characters just so some major capitalist can pander to me while simultaneously getting the serfs to hurl insults at each other.

You're right when you say that it's manufactured controversy. Therefore I would rather still keep the corporatist bastards in my cross hairs that destroy artistic integrity for persona gain.
Rated-R-Peepz likes this.

Reaper is offline  
post #49 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:29 AM
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,964
Points: 70,297
                     
Re: Halle Bailey lands the lead role in live adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Be careful now. We wouldn't want someone to accuse you of fat shaming.

PS. You are actually fat shaming btw. So.
Yes. It would be better to shame her for not being funny.
Reaper likes this.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Let's make some magic.
virus21 is offline  
post #50 of 219 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:32 AM
 
Vectormane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 97
Points: 3
 
I would say Lindsay Lohan but she looks about 50 now lol. But Halle bailey is pretty young girl perfect for the part.
Vectormane is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome