The Mandalorian - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Standing with The Man
 
tommo010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glasgow, UK
Posts: 5,554
Points: 11,141
                     
The Mandalorian



A Star Wars universe TV show announced for Nov 2019 called The Mandalorian staring Pedro Pascal as the lead with Carl Weathers Nick Nolte and Gina Carano.


I guess this is a way of doing a "Boba Fett" content without actually using the character, probably in response to how poorly Solo was received.

It's set between the events of Jedi and TFA, with Jon Favreau involved I actually have some hope for this.

tommo010 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:22 PM
 
Berzerker's Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,746
Points: 3,234
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo010 View Post
I guess this is a way of doing a "Boba Fett" content without actually using the character, probably in response to how poorly Solo was received.
which is weird because i'm quite certain no less than 100% of the star wars fandom would rather this be a series about boba fett.

these execs overthink thing sometimes. this was a stupid idea. if you're gonna give us soulless fan service at least do it right.

no interest in this personally.
Berzerker's Beard is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Prince of Joshi
 
HoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the Badlands
Posts: 5,786
Points: 5,425
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

Yeah sorry I didn't want to see a Boba Fett Series so it's not 100% at all. If anything people want to see a Obi-Wan Film or Series rather than Fett and that is truth. I'm glad were going into territory after Return of the Jedi where the world was still rebuilding after the fall of the Empire. I have all the faith in the world that is going to rock.


Join my twitter, to see who I followhttps://twitter.com/#/Shiro_HoHo
HoHo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:00 PM
 
Berzerker's Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,746
Points: 3,234
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
Yeah sorry I didn't want to see a Boba Fett Series so it's not 100% at all. If anything people want to see a Obi-Wan Film or Series rather than Fett and that is truth. I'm glad were going into territory after Return of the Jedi where the world was still rebuilding after the fall of the Empire. I have all the faith in the world that is going to rock.
i didn't want a series about boba fett either, that's not what i'm saying.

i'm saying if given the choice between a series about boba fett and some cheap imitation copy, i'm sure most star wars fans would have been way more interested in the former.
Berzerker's Beard is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Prince of Joshi
 
HoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In the Badlands
Posts: 5,786
Points: 5,425
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

I don't believe that at all and I'm never going to send something down the River and call it cheap until I see the Show. Fans want to see something new, and going to Fett to me wouldn't of been interesting as this new world that is being created for us.


Join my twitter, to see who I followhttps://twitter.com/#/Shiro_HoHo
HoHo is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:22 PM
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Pursuit Of Happiness
Favourite(s): IMPULSE, Goku, CROFT
Posts: 17,232
Points: 54,139
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

I'd much rather see original stories in the SW universe than prequels/side stories about established characters actually. Some of my favorite SW stuff is when they make original characters, i.e Thrawn, Darth Bane, and the Knights of the Old Republic stuff.

Might give this a try. Kinda soured on Disney's non-main series stuff tho after Rogue One and what I've seen of Solo.
HoHo and Genking48 like this.


Last edited by CamillePunk; 04-14-2019 at 11:23 PM.
CamillePunk is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:49 AM
 
Berzerker's Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,746
Points: 3,234
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
I don't believe that at all and I'm never going to send something down the River and call it cheap until I see the Show. Fans want to see something new, and going to Fett to me wouldn't of been interesting as this new world that is being created for us.
something new? he's boba fett with a different name
Berzerker's Beard is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:40 AM
 
Ultron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,381
Points: 7,951
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

So they give us a mandalorian series but no Boba Fett?

Has Disney started hiring retarded wwe writers?
Ultron is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:05 AM
The Mouth of Madness!
 
Stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hitting the Gym!
Posts: 9,518
Points: 17,216
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

Or maybe they didn't want to be locked into fan's lofty Boba Fett expectations, lore and fandom? See what happened when they "butchered" the post Return saga, they don't want fans to be pissed that they changed this and that from the books, so they went all original with the characters and story.

New characters, new worlds, new stories. Why is everyone so pissy?
Stormbringer is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:56 PM
The FACE of Baseball
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 39,852
Points: 36,142
                     
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Or maybe they didn't want to be locked into fan's lofty Boba Fett expectations, lore and fandom? See what happened when they "butchered" the post Return saga, they don't want fans to be pissed that they changed this and that from the books, so they went all original with the characters and story.

New characters, new worlds, new stories. Why is everyone so pissy?
It's probably largely because Luke was so different in TLJ from the established decades long history of Star Wars. I didn't hate TLJ though so I'm not sure.

I'll always check out new Star Wars stuff, but if it's shit then I'm out. Shit = most of what Disney does for the record.


I gotta say this though

Quote:
Pedro Pascal as the lead with Carl Weathers Nick Nolte and Gina Carano.
They have my interest with this cast. Also I think I remember them once saying that The Mandolorian will play kind of like a Western. Or maybe I dreamed this. But if it's the case I'm more interested.
CamillePunk likes this.


Last edited by MrMister; 04-15-2019 at 03:00 PM.
MrMister is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome