Batwoman series on The CW - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 169Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:26 PM
From parts unknown
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,111
Points: 80,415
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sally View Post
The whole line of "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work". makes no sense, since a man is going to retrofit the suit and all the gear she's using was literally stolen from a man who started the caped justice in Gotham.

Also is the token black guy supposed to be Bat Wing? Guess now he's the token that will be used to make the white female lead look better and worship her awesomeness!

This show looks like a mess, I'm glad I gave up on CW shows. DC really needs to find a way to cancel the CW crap and just do their own stuff because CW has shown it cannot do heroes for the most part, justice.
Some White women just CANNOT stop adopting brown people as pets to save them. And producers think that that's what us all brown people wanna watch. Some hotshot white bad ass chick being our savior or something.

It's almost sad to watch at this point. I'm not the only brown guy that's seriously annoyed by it now. AND I have a white wife. If she started patronizing me like these Hollywood bitches, I would ask for a divorce ....

It's sad/cringe at its worst.


Last edited by Reaper; 05-18-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Reaper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:36 PM
TEAM DARKLADY
 
THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CASA DEL BAD SHIV
Posts: 57,997
Points: 291,925
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

I have liked the character but this is a CW show so my interest is practically nil. I fully expect Batman to return only to admit that he isn't half the hero that Batwoman is.

THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV is offline  
post #83 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Zobrior Haedar
 
Arya Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bury me with my guns on so when I reach the other side I can show him what it feels like to die
Posts: 19,204
Points: 54,129
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

The pandering is absolutely embarrassing. I was pretty disappointed. I had a little conversation with a comicbook writer that follows me on Twitter about this.

I want the fighting to make up for this but I highly doubt it will since it's a CW show.
Reaper and Miss Sally like this.




SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THAT GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS HALF HELL



Arya Dark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #84 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:56 PM
From parts unknown
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,111
Points: 80,415
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Stormbringer likes this.

Reaper is offline  
post #85 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Zobrior Haedar
 
Arya Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bury me with my guns on so when I reach the other side I can show him what it feels like to die
Posts: 19,204
Points: 54,129
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Stormbringer likes this.




SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THAT GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS HALF HELL



Arya Dark is offline  
post #86 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,547
Points: 67,404
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Some White women just CANNOT stop adopting brown people as pets to save them. And producers think that that's what us all brown people wanna watch. Some hotshot white bad ass chick being our savior or something.

It's almost sad to watch at this point. I'm not the only brown guy that's seriously annoyed by it now. AND I have a white wife. If she started patronizing me like these Hollywood bitches, I would ask for a divorce ....

It's sad/cringe at its worst.
Isn't that just white supremacy disguised as heroism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MAN,THE MYTH,THE SHIV View Post
I have liked the character but this is a CW show so my interest is practically nil. I fully expect Batman to return only to admit that he isn't half the hero that Batwoman is.
Well they had Superman practically do that to Supergirl. Which becomes more pathetic when we see how shit a hero Kara actually is. She's done nothing to prove that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Dark View Post
The pandering is absolutely embarrassing. I was pretty disappointed. I had a little conversation with a comicbook writer that follows me on Twitter about this.

I want the fighting to make up for this but I highly doubt it will since it's a CW show.
Yep. The contrast between the CW shows and the DC Universe shows is staggering.

Also, the whole "Batman abandon the city" thing; it was stupid in Birds of Prey and its stupid here. Batman would never abandon Gotham. But of course we need him gone so we can show how much better Kate is. Gag me.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Order. Unity. Obedience. We taught the galaxy these things long ago, and we will do so again.
Imotekh the Stormlord, Phaeron of the Sautekh Dynasty
virus21 is offline  
post #87 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:16 PM
From parts unknown
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,111
Points: 80,415
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus21 View Post
Isn't that just white supremacy disguised as heroism? .
Dude. That's exactly what it is. In fact in the 90s we were constantly made aware of white savior racism and shows and movies were aware of faux liberalism and critiqued it. Way more "woke" than this fake liberalism we see today.

Most of us constantly criticize the shitfests that Dangerous Minds, Freedom Writers, Blond Side and Crash etc were.

But these days we got a bunch of tools worshipping this white savior nonsense and we're even being bullied into not criticizing this shit anymore. Like corporatist worshipping tools are forcing everyone to just shut up and accept the white supremacy of faux liberalism while not being allowed to even criticize it anymore.


Last edited by Reaper; 05-18-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Reaper is offline  
post #88 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,547
Points: 67,404
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Dude. That's exactly what it is. In fact in the 90s we were constantly made aware of white savior racism and shows and movies were aware of faux liberalism and critiqued it. Way more "woke" than this fake liberalism we see today.

Most of us constantly criticize the shitfests that Dangerous Minds, Freedom Writers, Blond Side and Crash etc were.

But these days we got a bunch of tools worshipping this white savior nonsense and we're even being bullied into not criticizing this shit anymore. Like corporatist worshipping tools are forcing everyone to just shut up and accept the white supremacy of faux liberalism while not being allowed to even criticize it anymore.
Christ, I even remember a few of those movies. And they were shit. Dangerous Minds even got a TV show. Didn't Get Out point some this out?
Reaper likes this.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Order. Unity. Obedience. We taught the galaxy these things long ago, and we will do so again.
Imotekh the Stormlord, Phaeron of the Sautekh Dynasty
virus21 is offline  
post #89 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:27 PM
From parts unknown
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,111
Points: 80,415
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus21 View Post
Christ, I even remember a few of those movies. And they were shit. Dangerous Minds even got a TV show. Didn't Get Out point some this out?
Yeah, these movies had kind of the opposite effect that they were meant to. It created an army of young people who feel entitlted to assuming that the kind of help they bring is the right kind if unquestionable help they only they know is best for minorities. Did you hear about the Lindsay Lohan incident with the Syrian family? Essentially that's an extreme example of liberal white supremacy but you also see it in Democrat foreign policy all the time as well.

You wanna watch a really good movie about what happens when class and race intersect? Watch "Sorry to bother you". It gets a little crazy towards the end and really fucking weird, but it had an extremely important message. It's not the best movie out there, but it has some very good themes and well worth the watch.

Given your tastes from what I've observed, you'll like it.

Reaper is offline  
post #90 of 144 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 21,547
Points: 67,404
                     
Re: Batwoman series on The CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Yeah, these movies had kind of the opposite effect that they were meant to. It created an army of young people who feel entitlted to assuming that the kind of help they bring is the right kind if unquestionable help they only they know is best for minorities. Did you hear about the Lindsay Lohan incident with the Syrian family? Essentially that's an extreme example of liberal white supremacy but you also see it in Democrat foreign policy all the time as well.

You wanna watch a really good movie about what happens when class and race intersect? Watch "Sorry to bother you". It gets a little crazy towards the end and really fucking weird, but it had an extremely important message. It's not the best movie out there, but it has some very good themes and well worth the watch.

Given your tastes from what I've observed, you'll like it.
I'll have to check it out.

Also I found this on TV Tropes. It was on the trope of White Man's Burden
Reaper and Miss Sally like this.

https://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/2018/12/titans-episode-7-review-donna-troy.jpg?itok=fSRBp7JR

Order. Unity. Obedience. We taught the galaxy these things long ago, and we will do so again.
Imotekh the Stormlord, Phaeron of the Sautekh Dynasty
virus21 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome