The Orville - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 64Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:36 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Zealand
Favourite(s): Alexa Bliss, Bruan Strowman, Bray Wyatt
Posts: 10,724
Points: 45,085
                     
Re: The Orville

I've always prefered Family Guy to American Dad. I actually liked 2009-2012 FG. But it's gone down hill since then. Partly I think because the creative vision of the show has gone down the wayside. Since Seth pursued other projects like Ted, Orville etc.
3ku1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 06:10 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Zealand
Favourite(s): Alexa Bliss, Bruan Strowman, Bray Wyatt
Posts: 10,724
Points: 45,085
                     
Re: The Orville

Just watched the fourth episode. Best episode yet. Loved every single part of it. It is so refreshing to see A Sci Fi show actually have an element of fun to it. The Genre seemed to have forgotten that over the past decade or so. Their are so many dark and serious in tone Sci Fi shows out their. This show could really fill the void. A Chuck had, or an Eureka. Seems to be a shift in the fourth episode. The whole premise was so good. I loved the opening sequence. Great dialouge. Seth is really strong as a lead. When he did movies it diddn't work. But this role is perfect for him. He just fits it like a glove. And everyone else is so perfectly casted.

The Location and Set designs are so bang on. With the right comical moments, and alot of heart. Feels like your watching the future. The Special Effects don't feel cheesy either, or low budget. They feel legit. That battle ship war I really enjoyed. Have to agree though Religeous Zealots don't handle scientific proof all that well. So probably would of been an all out war . But I liked they went in the direction of their Captain or Gospel had a hint their is more to their world. And was happy he was wrong. And Liam Neesan just capped it off. Looking forward to next week's one.

Last edited by 3ku1; 10-02-2017 at 06:25 AM.
3ku1 is offline  
post #43 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 04:42 AM
 
Tater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aiea, Hawai'i
Posts: 7,782
Points: 9,723
                     
Re: The Orville

Nothing really new or special this week. There was Matt Frewer I mean Charlize Theron guest starring as a time traveler trying to steal something to take to a different time. There was teaching Data I mean Isaac about humor and his hilarious misunderstanding of it. There was Chief Engineer Scotty I mean Geordi I mean O'Brien I mean Steve Newton (I mean I even had to look up his name for this post) saving the day with some old school ingenuity. Oh and this was the episode directed by Jonathan Frakes aka First Officer William Riker.

Episode rating gets a meh. The only thing I'm really wondering about is if the transporter tech disappeared along with Pria. It would make sense if it did but he did kinda put it in his desk and we didn't see it disappear, so it might still be there. That'd probably be the best thing to come out of this episode, if Mercer found himself in a situation later where he had to choose between using it and letting someone die, then facing whatever consequences come from using the future tech. That would be interesting.

Tater is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 15,496
Points: 20,683
                     
Re: The Orville

This show is just so much fun... itís nice having a show revellimg in adventure instead of sulking in depression. Hopefully it lasts because I am sick to death of the grim mediocrity that so many shows have stooped to.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace
Kabraxal is offline  
post #45 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 03:21 PM
 
wagnergrad96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Islip, New York (Long Island)
Posts: 687
Points: 2,112
                     
Re: The Orville

Watched the first two episodes. Wanted to Like it. Didn't.
wagnergrad96 is offline  
post #46 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
Lewdog1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Williamsburg, Kentucky
Posts: 1,085
Points: 3,687
                     
Re: The Orville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Nothing really new or special this week. There was Matt Frewer I mean Charlize Theron guest starring as a time traveler trying to steal something to take to a different time. There was teaching Data I mean Isaac about humor and his hilarious misunderstanding of it. There was Chief Engineer Scotty I mean Geordi I mean O'Brien I mean Steve Newton (I mean I even had to look up his name for this post) saving the day with some old school ingenuity. Oh and this was the episode directed by Jonathan Frakes aka First Officer William Riker.

Episode rating gets a meh. The only thing I'm really wondering about is if the transporter tech disappeared along with Pria. It would make sense if it did but he did kinda put it in his desk and we didn't see it disappear, so it might still be there. That'd probably be the best thing to come out of this episode, if Mercer found himself in a situation later where he had to choose between using it and letting someone die, then facing whatever consequences come from using the future tech. That would be interesting.
What's really odd, is that though they made mention of the fact they should be dead, they didn't talk about how with them now NOT being dead, that they should kill themselves because their existence could cause millions of lives to change or be lost because of it in the future.
Tater likes this.
Lewdog1976 is offline  
post #47 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 11:32 PM
 
Tater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aiea, Hawai'i
Posts: 7,782
Points: 9,723
                     
Re: The Orville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewdog1976 View Post
What's really odd, is that though they made mention of the fact they should be dead, they didn't talk about how with them now NOT being dead, that they should kill themselves because their existence could cause millions of lives to change or be lost because of it in the future.
IIRC, Mercer did mention it but said something about Pria already having changed the timeline. I just assumed that the whole incident created an alternate timeline; one with the Orville having been destroyed because Pria never came back in time after the wormhole was destroyed and the one the Orville is now living in.
Lewdog1976 likes this.

Tater is offline  
post #48 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
Lewdog1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Williamsburg, Kentucky
Posts: 1,085
Points: 3,687
                     
Re: The Orville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
IIRC, Mercer did mention it but said something about Pria already having changed the timeline. I just assumed that the whole incident created an alternate timeline; one with the Orville having been destroyed because Pria never came back in time after the wormhole was destroyed and the one the Orville is now living in.
I've yet to really see any film or TV show really do the whole time travel thing in a way that isn't totally confusing. I loved the show Timeless.
Tater likes this.
Lewdog1976 is offline  
post #49 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Zealand
Favourite(s): Alexa Bliss, Bruan Strowman, Bray Wyatt
Posts: 10,724
Points: 45,085
                     
Re: The Orville

I've just presumed the Oriville lives in a timeline skewed in the future.

This weeks episode wasen't as good as last weeks one. But that is fine it was solid. IT has created enough quality for me personally to keep watching. Just enjoy how fun it is.
3ku1 is offline  
post #50 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Zealand
Favourite(s): Alexa Bliss, Bruan Strowman, Bray Wyatt
Posts: 10,724
Points: 45,085
                     
Re: The Orville

Just watched the whole episode, only seen bits. I actually really enjoyed this episode. Very light like the rest of it. Could argue it was a filler. But it offered alot of Quality. Some highlights.

The opening Seinfeld sequence was a big surprise. I loved that. The fact they are in deep into the future. And they are watching a iconic sitcom from the nineties haha. Also loved Issac the robot not getting the comedy. Which had a payoff later on in the episode when he amputated Ed's leg, that was pretty laugh out loud funny I Thought.

As for the main plot. With the Black Hole, and time travel. I Did enjoy the tension between the XO and his ex wife. Charlize Theron character created. And Seth's character delving more into his trust issues. This show continues to have a ton of heart. I agree time travel is confusing in TV shows. I took it as she knew they were going to die with the Black Hole. But they diddn't. I agree I just assumed the event created an alternative timeline to what the Orivlle was existing.

Once again it's so refreshing to see a Sci Fi show that's not dark, and depressing in tone. It's really fun. For a show in its first season. A very bold show in that. It's not the finished product yet. But last weeks episode particularly. It's really found it's groove. Seth is surprising me. Man actually showed his range as an actor this episode. He's perfect for this role. I'm hopeful it gets picked up for a second season.
2 Ton 21, Tater and Pratchett like this.

Last edited by 3ku1; 10-09-2017 at 05:03 AM.
3ku1 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome