The Last Movie You Watched Thread - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 1488Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:41 PM
 
TKOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 18,712
Points: 13,225
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
I'm hoping somebody can help me out, I'm currently watching fast & furious Tokyo drift.
I've seen all of them apart from this, the one after it and fast 8.

But Han dies in this, am I missing something because he is in the later films, no? Or am I completely wrong and confused about this?
Tokyo Drift happens sometime after fast 6 and before fast 7
They Call Him Y2J likes this.



TKOK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth
 
DanTheMan_89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 772
Points: 2,487
               
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

The Abyss (first-time)



4.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
I'm hoping somebody can help me out, I'm currently watching fast & furious Tokyo drift.
I've seen all of them apart from this, the one after it and fast 8.

But Han dies in this, am I missing something because he is in the later films, no? Or am I completely wrong and confused about this?
Timeline is all out of whack. Han is introduced in Tokyo Drift, but that actually takes place after the events of 4, 5, and 6. Chronological order is 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3, 7, then 8. Pay no mind to younger looking Han and Bow Wow in Tokyo Drift and older technology in 2006 Tokyo despite the film taking place after 2013.
reilly, DC and They Call Him Y2J like this.

Attended:
NXT Takeover: Orlando (4/1/17) - Sec. 110A, Row 28, Seat 1
Wrestlemania 33 (4/2/17) - Sec. P32, Row S, Seat 2
Monday Night Raw (4/3/17) - Sec. F1, Row F, Seat 11
Smackdown Live (4/4/17) - Sec. 107, Row 2, Seat 2
DanTheMan_89 is offline  
post #63 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 PM
 
reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: n.ireland
Posts: 2,115
Points: 3,966
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Tokyo Drift happens sometime after fast 6 and before fast 7
Ah ok thank you.

Did they plan this or was it something they decided to do cz the guy was popular?

you heard me i HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU AND IRISH ARE STOOPIT AND DRUNK!!! ENGLAND4EVR!!!!!
From VACUOUS
reilly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 PM
 
reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: n.ireland
Posts: 2,115
Points: 3,966
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan_89 View Post
The Abyss (first-time)



4.5/5



Timeline is all out of whack. Han is introduced in Tokyo Drift, but that actually takes place after the events of 4, 5, and 6. Chronological order is 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3, 7, then 8. Pay no mind to younger looking Han and Bow Wow in Tokyo Drift and older technology in 2006 Tokyo despite the film taking place after 2013.

Shit like this really throws me off!

Y not just do them in order!?

So was the bit with Dom always in Tokyo drift?

you heard me i HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU AND IRISH ARE STOOPIT AND DRUNK!!! ENGLAND4EVR!!!!!
From VACUOUS
reilly is offline  
post #65 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth
 
DanTheMan_89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 772
Points: 2,487
               
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
Shit like this really throws me off!

Y not just do them in order!?

So was the bit with Dom always in Tokyo drift?
Vin, for whatever reason, turned down his main role in Tokyo Drift, and instead agreed to appear as a cameo as a sort of tease for a future installment in the franchise. Plus, Chris Morgan who wrote the script said a high school setting/feel is what they had in mind for the 3rd film, so it wouldn't have worked well with Diesel as their lead. His cameo and Han's intro were the only real aspects tying other films together to that 3rd installment (kind of like Star Wars "canon"). The 4th film picks back up with the majority of the original cast, and eventually, Han's Tokyo storyline falls into place following what happens in Fast and Furious 6.

I don't believe Dom's cameo was always intended when they wrote the script for Tokyo Drift, but you have to think they wanted to get him in there somehow, and luckily for the franchise, they managed to convince him back.
reilly likes this.

Attended:
NXT Takeover: Orlando (4/1/17) - Sec. 110A, Row 28, Seat 1
Wrestlemania 33 (4/2/17) - Sec. P32, Row S, Seat 2
Monday Night Raw (4/3/17) - Sec. F1, Row F, Seat 11
Smackdown Live (4/4/17) - Sec. 107, Row 2, Seat 2
DanTheMan_89 is offline  
post #66 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:47 PM
 
TKOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 18,712
Points: 13,225
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
Ah ok thank you.

Did they plan this or was it something they decided to do cz the guy was popular?
IDK



TKOK is offline  
post #67 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:41 AM
 
slassar136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Third Window From The Right.
Posts: 1,224
Points: 2,706
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Lisztomania (1975)
This movie is weird. There's a scene in which it was only a dream sequence, but it legitimately made me yell out WHAT! THE! FUCK! This is meant to be a biopic about Franz Lizst, but it seems to be an out of the sort wacky comedy that dwells in perversion and piano music. The sets are great, but there's no story and most of the scenes are just outright bizarre. I think this movie is meant to be one of those cult classics. 5/10

slassar136 is offline  
post #68 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:36 AM
 
BK Festivus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,353
Points: 8,359
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread



Annual rewatch.
DC likes this.

[IMG]<a href=https://im5.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-5-489aa2499f.gif target=_blank>https://im5.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-5-489aa2499f.gif</a>[/IMG]
BK Festivus is offline  
post #69 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:53 AM
The face that runs the List
 
They Call Him Y2J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: France
Posts: 9,838
Points: 32,789
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan_89 View Post
Vin, for whatever reason, turned down his main role in Tokyo Drift, and instead agreed to appear as a cameo as a sort of tease for a future installment in the franchise. Plus, Chris Morgan who wrote the script said a high school setting/feel is what they had in mind for the 3rd film, so it wouldn't have worked well with Diesel as their lead. His cameo and Han's intro were the only real aspects tying other films together to that 3rd installment (kind of like Star Wars "canon"). The 4th film picks back up with the majority of the original cast, and eventually, Han's Tokyo storyline falls into place following what happens in Fast and Furious 6.

I don't believe Dom's cameo was always intended when they wrote the script for Tokyo Drift, but you have to think they wanted to get him in there somehow, and luckily for the franchise, they managed to convince him back.
Actually Vin was not interested in appearing in Tokyo Drift but accepted to do the cameo after making a deal with Universal : he did not get a single dollar for his appearance but instead he was given the rights to the Riddick character, as Universal did not want to make another movie after The Chronicles of Riddick had been considered as a box office moderate failure.
Diesel and David Twohy loved the character so much they decided doing a third movie anyway. I'm glad they did myself, I loved both movies (Pitch Black was nice but a bit clumsy IMO though)


Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
Shit like this really throws me off!

Y not just do them in order!?

So was the bit with Dom always in Tokyo drift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post
Ah ok thank you.

Did they plan this or was it something they decided to do cz the guy was popular?
Han was indeed very popular and fans were mad he had died so they put him back in the next movie and made it a prequel.
I think they handled it pretty well and using his death as a way to introduce Statham was brilliant. Say what you want about this series, it's one of the most coherent and well handled when it comes to consistency and plots.

They Call Him Y2J is offline  
post #70 of 2909 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 04:58 PM
keeping it casual
 
HiddenFlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston//Texas
Posts: 8,884
Points: 19,477
                     
re: The Last Movie You Watched Thread



good movie 7/10

wtf this movie should of been marketed better
DC likes this.

HiddenFlaw is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome