1) the drug smuggling was very creative, props for whoever came up with the idea. I had read somewhere that happening in irl, guess dealers will try anything to get their gear into prison. I wonder how the drugs being cut off and Kaz in solitary are gone effect things? Will a new dealer step up
2) Boomer is great and yea offers some comedy in quite a gritty show, I hope they mange to find a way to insert some lighter moment's once she gone without just adding a Boomer version 2.0. Sadly i can see her being sent back to prison to care for Liz or go after the doctor, bless her.
3) The thing I'm trying to work out is how Marie will survive!? Her power base is weakened, no crew or dragon so she coming across as a sitting duck at the moment. Maybe she'll recruit if she survived the bombing, plus she got the dirt on Jackson so this could soon change. Interesting thought about Kaz, I think you could be right, her death would stir things up and repetition could kick in if she starts to "save" Allie again ( for the 1001 time eh?). But what if it's Allie who gets bloodied? How would Kaz/Maire act too a hit gone wrong or Allie sacrificing her self to save Kaz/Marie?
4) Shame Allie wasn't in the room too, fuck her.
5) Can't wait for this new inmate, you got me hyped to see her. Also said to my miss that the show could use a new bad prison guard, a complete bastard like George "Pornstache" Mendez was in early OitNB, while we where watching this ep so that amusing to her one coming. Linda and Jake being the only guards to choice from as deputy show some new ones should be introduced lol Wonder if Linda will go power mad now she been promoted. Jackson so gone crumble when shit hits the fan.
6) Yea it a tricky balance i agree, it's great there not a whole lot of filler or time wasting but yea they are flying by at a frantic pace. As i half ranted Rita made so many changes in the one ep it came across as silly. They should have had her grieving and plotting for a episode or too, let the tension brew. Gone be interesting to see how they keep the pace going for the entire series, burnout could happen at this rate. Still, damn gripping regardless to this.
I quite like them not having a lot of (named) prison officers. It keeps the focus on the women behind bars. A lot of the time when I've watched other prison dramas, they've focused heavily on their lives outside of the prison and soaks up time they could've used building up the actual inmates. I know they've given time to a few of them over the years, but it hasn't be distracting to the plots of where matters, inside the prison walls.
In the promo for the season Marie is seen kissing Jackson by Kaz in the medical room. So I think it's a safe bet that it'll happen next episode. They'll probably sweep her surviving under the rug with a sweeping comment.
I also get the feeling that Boomer will end up back inside. She's loyal as hell to the ones she loves (Frankie, Maxine, Liz) and she'll wanna stay by Liz's side till the end. I love that quality about her. She's not just the bruiser of the show, she's funny, loving and feel sorry for anybody who crosses her or her friends.
This is a problem I have with Rita at the moment, there seems to be a disconnect with the rest of the group. They all see her as part of the team, but if you took Ruby out of the equation Rita wouldn't bat an eyelid at them. Eventually she'll see that there is a family there for her. Even if they happen to be the criminals she used to get lock up.
I wish Allie got blasted. She's the most inconsistent character currently in the show. She's kinda acting like a spoiled kid. Mommy won't give her the attention she wants (Kaz is her mother figure) so she gets it from whoever is willing (Marie), even if it is to manipulate her into doing whatever she wants. She can't be that dumb not to see that though right?
Although it's a reboot not a remake, a lot of the Wentworth characters have traits of their Prisoner Cell Block H counterparts. Rita The Beater as they called her in Prisoner, especially. Only in the original she wasn't a cop and she was the one who brought down the Freak. Marie is completely different. In the original she was a drug pusher who escaped from prison, and flew away on a helicopter. She was later found off screen and sent to a different prison (she didn't last long, 30 odd episodes out of the near 700 Prisoner had)