MCU Discussion & Speculation - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 315Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth
 
udarsha45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 513
Points: 1,827
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

We need va Silver Surfer standalone film, damn it!!!
udarsha45 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:23 AM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,359
Points: 19,641
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by udarsha45 View Post
We need va Silver Surfer standalone film, damn it!!!
Seeing Galactus in all his glory in that film would be outstanding!
Genesis 1.0, 2 Ton 21 and DC like this.



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock
THANOS is offline  
post #53 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 04:23 AM
ATF
 
ATF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,664
Points: 4,223
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

After Infinity War: Not Part II Anymore, Phase 4 should be all about the Secret Invasion. W/a little bit of Ultron in there (could we please make Ultron a multi-generational villain that pops up every now and then? Make AOU a full blown trilogy, biatches).

Then, close the MCU for good w/Phase 5, that being all about Galactus. Unless you get the X-Men. Then, we need Avengers Vs. X-Men in our lives.



Special thanks to King Gimp for the sig.

MARKING FOR:
Daniel Bryan | Bad News Barrett | Dean Ambrose | Damien Sandow | Sami Zayn | Kevin Owens | Pentagon, Jr. | Austin Aries | Kota Ibushi | Kenny Omega | William Regal | Bayley | Renee Young | YOSHIHIKO - The greatest dummy wrestler of all the times | Anything DDT tbh, especially the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship matches
ATF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 05:20 AM
All out of bubblegum.
 
BehindYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 5,301
Points: 11,472
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
After Infinity War: Not Part II Anymore, Phase 4 should be all about the Secret Invasion. W/a little bit of Ultron in there (could we please make Ultron a multi-generational villain that pops up every now and then? Make AOU a full blown trilogy, biatches).

Then, close the MCU for good w/Phase 5, that being all about Galactus. Unless you get the X-Men. Then, we need Avengers Vs. X-Men in our lives.
Why would you want to build on the villain from one of the bottom of the table MCU films?


WF Dictionary:
Burial
bur·i·al
Noun
#1 - A wrestler I like losing to a wrestler I don't like.
#2 - A wrestler I like being insulted in promos by a wrestler I don't like
BehindYou is offline  
post #55 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 05:58 AM
 
haribo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vita Island
Posts: 10,129
Points: 9,309
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
I go back and forth on this matter all the time but at the end of the day I believe it's going to come down to whether Disney will be willing to pay them or not. I doubt we'll be seeing any solo movies from the core characters, well except for maybe Hulk (Please for the love of god!).

And I'd imagine the Fantastic Four will play a big part of Phase 4 IF Marvel can get the rights back or make a deal with FOX to share the characters.
Unless the demands get insane, I don't think Disney will have a problem with paying up. If everybody gets as money-hungry as Downey Jr, then the smaller draws will undoubtedly be dropped.

I thought Downey Jr was definitely on his way out, but then he expressed interest in doing an Iron Man 4. Even if Evans leaves, you could still theoretically do a Captain America 4 with Bucky & Falcon. I think the window has passed for a Black Widow film, but it's not out of the realm of possibility for Johansson to want a big pay day and solo film (probably with Hawkeye), and Marvel happy to oblige. The only one I'd be pretty certain on is there being no Thor 4 with Hemsworth.
haribo is offline  
post #56 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:58 AM
 
T'Challa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wakanda
Posts: 2,155
Points: 12,638
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

I have Ultron back if DR Doom is in the MCU and reprograms him as his personal bodyguard, Secret War style.
T'Challa is offline  
post #57 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Goofball Island
Posts: 28,113
Points: 76,524
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Unless the demands get insane, I don't think Disney will have a problem with paying up. If everybody gets as money-hungry as Downey Jr, then the smaller draws will undoubtedly be dropped.

I thought Downey Jr was definitely on his way out, but then he expressed interest in doing an Iron Man 4. Even if Evans leaves, you could still theoretically do a Captain America 4 with Bucky & Falcon. I think the window has passed for a Black Widow film, but it's not out of the realm of possibility for Johansson to want a big pay day and solo film (probably with Hawkeye), and Marvel happy to oblige. The only one I'd be pretty certain on is there being no Thor 4 with Hemsworth.
IMO RDJ was probably ready to walk away after Iron Man 3 but the new material and role Tony is now playing in the MCU has rejuvenated his desire to continue being a part of this universe. That and The Judge failing probably made him rethink leaving. His fee might become an issue in the future though, I can't imagine Disney will be keen on continuing to pay him exuberant amounts for each appearance. Then again as long as his MCU movies keep grossing billions of dollar they might not care

The thought of the mantle of Captain America being passed down to Buckey or Falcon is certainly an option if Evans were to leave. Then again like RDJ I have a feeling Chris would be willing to stay has long as the material keeps him engaged and stimulates him as an actor.

A year ago I would of said Chris Hemsworth would be a lock to leave, but the way his movies keep bombing at the box office, I am not sure that would be a wise career decision at this stage. I am kinda surprised audiences aren't warming towards him because he's honestly everything a movie star use to be
2 Ton 21 likes this.
Blackbeard is offline  
post #58 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth
 
udarsha45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sri Lanka
Posts: 513
Points: 1,827
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

I agree with Blackbeard. A lot of actors aren't doing well outside of the Marvel universe when it comes to box office wise. Except for a few.

As for Hemsworth - the dude needs to pick good roles to act. The roles he is picking is not doing him any favours. If I was him I would be extended my contract with Marvel, because a movie named "Thor" will easily get millions of dollars. Also the dude is only 33 years old anyway. He can be Thor for another 10 or 15 years if he wants to. But will Marvel want it that way? I don't know.

RDJ, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Paul Bettany are most likely going to leave after Avengers 3. Marvel is building a new set of Avengers for phase 4, and they are going to be Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, Antman and the Wasp.

Last edited by udarsha45; 05-05-2016 at 02:20 PM.
udarsha45 is offline  
post #59 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Goofball Island
Posts: 28,113
Points: 76,524
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

Tbh I thought Chris Hemsworth was fantastic in Rush

I can't see Paul Bettany leaving, not when they've barely even scratched the surface of Vision. He's also made it pretty clear that he enjoys being in these movies and loves cashing Marvel's checks

Same goes for Mark Ruffalo, there's still loads they can do with Hulk and I doubt he's going to walk before having the opportunity to appear in a solo movie.
2 Ton 21 likes this.
Blackbeard is offline  
post #60 of 430 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 03:07 PM
 
2 Ton 21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,141
Points: 28,864
                     
Re: MCU Discussion & Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Tbh I thought Chris Hemsworth was fantastic in Rush

I can't see Paul Bettany leaving, not when they've barely even scratched the surface of Vision. He's also made it pretty clear that he enjoys being in these movies and loves cashing Marvel's checks

Same goes for Mark Ruffalo, there's still loads they can do with Hulk and I doubt he's going to walk before having the opportunity to appear in a solo movie.
Rush is such an underrated movie. Great performances by Hemsworth and Bruhl.
TheJack, Uchiha Sasuke and DC like this.

2 Ton 21 is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome