Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis. - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 02:18 PM
 
MoltenSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 183
Points: 669
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

She is doing great and whater people like it or not, it always somehow feels special when she is in the ring. Apart from Becky, she is definetly the hottest agent the women division has right now
yeahbaby! and EMGESP like this.
MoltenSquid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 02:29 PM
 
Wilcrates675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 264
Points: 836
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

She has been imperssive in relation to her experience in business but nothing other-worldly awesome.
Wilcrates675 is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:16 PM
Fearless University Graduate
 
Eva MaRIHyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Fearless University
Posts: 13,701
Points: 58,628
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJollyDemise View Post
There's also only a select few who are worse than Ronda at it. This is a mute point.
Realistically most of the roster is no better than her. Emotionless and monotone is the standard for WWE.

Quote:
She absolutely is worse than Rollins. Rollins doesn't bumble simple lines. He also doesn't need good writing just to make it through a two minute promo without the crowd either laughing hysterically or cringing their brains out.
That’s because Rollins have the fanbase that worship him no matter what and pretend he’s anytmore than terrible on the mic. He doesn’t bumble but he has no ability to even talk like a human being, he’s so robotic which is just as bad. Even when he was being fed some great lines he still cut them so miserably that it still sucked.

Quote:
I think it's good to showcase Ronda having a more human side rather than just have her be a straight up bad ass. Her reaction after being betrayed by the Bellas was honestly one of her best WWE moments so far (in my opinion anyways). It makes her a lot more relate-able and you need that from someone who is receiving the kind of push she's getting. You don't want her to just be one-dimensional.
There’s a limit to it though. Ronda is a legit badass and legit fighter, her getting her ass kicked every week is just dumb. You don’t bring in a legit fighter and star just to have them look weak against bimbos, models and fake fighters every week. Most of her matches should be squashed, just because Becky Lynch and co are popular doesn’t make them any more legit than Lana is.

You can catch me, Rih, in the new La Ferrar'

Womens Champion * World Champion * Hardcore Champion
The Breast Of The Breast
Eva MaRIHyse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:27 PM
 
McGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,201
Points: 3,904
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

She's done fine. Probably the biggest star in the company. Fans crapping on her for no reason doesn't help nor give her much incentive to stay which is a shame.
Alexander_G likes this.
McGee is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:30 PM
 
EMGESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,147
Points: 6,905
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

At the end of the day Ronda is special. She's been at it for less than a year and is actually better than most veterans already. She's just a natural and will only get better.
EMGESP is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,711
Points: 22,438
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerRIH Nikkimas View Post
Realistically most of the roster is no better than her. Emotionless and monotone is the standard for WWE.
Does that standard include Nikki Bella? Because if you say otherwise then I really don't know what else to say to you at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerRIH Nikkimas View Post
That’s because Rollins have the fanbase that worship him no matter what and pretend he’s anytmore than terrible on the mic. He doesn’t bumble but he has no ability to even talk like a human being, he’s so robotic which is just as bad. Even when he was being fed some great lines he still cut them so miserably that it still sucked.
I'm not arguing that Rollins is a good mic worker. He isn't one by any stretch of the imagination. But the difference between him and Ronda is light years at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerRIH Nikkimas View Post
There’s a limit to it though. Ronda is a legit badass and legit fighter, her getting her ass kicked every week is just dumb. You don’t bring in a legit fighter and star just to have them look weak against bimbos, models and fake fighters every week.
Am I missing something here? Because from what I remember, this hasn't been happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerRIH Nikkimas View Post
Most of her matches should be squashed, just because Becky Lynch and co are popular doesn’t make them any more legit than Lana is.
Pro Wrestling has evolved well beyond the point where you can get away with doing something like this. WWE fans, and especially the ones who choose to stick around, want better matches. I will always be that person who contends that promo and character work are much more important to building to the product overall than in-ring work (and it is), but that doesn't change the fact that fans will not give any ounce of a shit if it is constantly leading to squash matches.

And in Ronda's case it's even more difficult to pull it off because we know she's capable of putting on a great match. She's proven that already. It's gotten to the point where people don't want to see her in squashes anymore. Hell, I don't either. She's simply too good in that department to not be giving her lengthy and more competitive matches.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 PM
 
yeahbaby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,141
Points: 16,113
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

I don't watch RAW thank god but overall from what I've seen in recaps and in PPVs she's been great. To say she's overperformed in her first period in the business is a gross understatement.

Personally I think her character work in the ring has been fantastic, she's got tremendous focus and charisma in the right, and legit looks like she's there for a fight, not some sports entertainment bullshit. What really takes away from that is her smiley demeanor at other times which I can't stand.

Being harsh on mic work is pretty tough so early IMO - that takes time to develop and it certainly hasn't been all bad.

I think the OPs summation is pretty harsh personally, but then again I don't watch RAW as I don't generally subject myself to such harsh punishment.
Alexander_G likes this.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"I backed him. You can see how loyal he is. He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees.' He would have dropped to his knees."

"You oughta see this guy - 'uh, I don't know what I said, uh, I don't remember,'"

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

"He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"Covfefe"


President of The United States of America, Mr Donald Trump
yeahbaby! is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 06:57 PM
 
yeahbaby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,141
Points: 16,113
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJollyDemise View Post

And in Ronda's case it's even more difficult to pull it off because we know she's capable of putting on a great match. She's proven that already. It's gotten to the point where people don't want to see her in squashes anymore. Hell, I don't either. She's simply too good in that department to not be giving her lengthy and more competitive matches.
Disagree about fans wanting to see people dominating in squash matches. Worked for Warrior, Goldberg, works for Brock just to name a few. No reason it can't work for Ronda - it's all image building which works and stands the test of time.
cesaro_ROCKS likes this.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"I backed him. You can see how loyal he is. He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees.' He would have dropped to his knees."

"You oughta see this guy - 'uh, I don't know what I said, uh, I don't remember,'"

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

"He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"Covfefe"


President of The United States of America, Mr Donald Trump
yeahbaby! is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,711
Points: 22,438
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahbaby! View Post
Disagree about fans wanting to see people dominating in squash matches. Worked for Warrior, Goldberg, works for Brock just to name a few. No reason it can't work for Ronda - it's all image building which works and stands the test of time.
You just proved me right with this statement. Again times have changed. Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg? Those guys were at their peaks in the 80s/90s, back at a time when that would work. That simply doesn't get the job done anymore, not with someone as talented in the ring as Ronda is.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 07:29 PM
 
yeahbaby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,141
Points: 16,113
                     
Re: Ronda Rousey's time so far in the WWE: An Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJollyDemise View Post
You just proved me right with this statement. Again times have changed. Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg? Those guys were at their peaks in the 80s/90s, back at a time when that would work. That simply doesn't get the job done anymore, not with someone as talented in the ring as Ronda is.
Simply your opinion dude about the likes of Goldberg etc, you can't speak in absolutes. It's certainly working for Brock, he's over as fuck. Why can't it work now?
cesaro_ROCKS likes this.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"I backed him. You can see how loyal he is. He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees.' He would have dropped to his knees."

"You oughta see this guy - 'uh, I don't know what I said, uh, I don't remember,'"

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

"He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"Covfefe"


President of The United States of America, Mr Donald Trump
yeahbaby! is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome