Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In the Peyton threads, keeping them alive
Watching wrestling with company for the first time in almost 20 years
For those who don't know, I have an older brother, he is one year older than me. He actually was the one who introduce me to wrestling when I was a kid, but he stopped watching wrestling a long time ago, since the Attitude Era ended. In my house I am the only one who watches wrestling, and while I sometimes comment with him what happens in the shows, he really doesn't know much about current wrestling.
This week was his birthday, and he had the day off from work and, for some strange reason he ended up watching most of this week's Smackdown with me, and his opinions as an unbiased wrestling fan were interesting to hear:
* The show started with the Becky/Charlotte segment and then the Battle Royal announcement. My brother asked me about that "orange hair woman" and I told her that she is the most popular person in the company atm. He said "Really? Why? She is not even that hot and she sounds weird, why is she talking like that? Does she talks like that all the time or is her gimmick (he didn't said gimmick, but he implied that)?" I told him she is irish and that's why she sounds like that. Then about Charlotte he said "That's Ric Flair's daughter right? She looks like a man and she is trying to be her dad". The about the rest of the women he didn't have much of an opinion, he knew Peyton because of my fandom, although he only knows her as "that girl you like", then he was wondering why people were chanting for Asuka and I told him that it is because she is really good at wrestling, he only said "she looks ridiculous". Finally he asked me "So, who are the women who wrestle the best there?" I told him "Asuka, Charlotte and Becky". He finish up by saying "no wonder wrestling is not popular anymore, they don't seem special"
* About the Bar/Usos match he didn't say much, he liked the Usos new look (he knew about the Usos for being the sons of Rikishi) and told me Sheamus look ridiculous
* Then the AJ promo. He knows about AJ and said he is the wrestler he hears the most in the streets (him and Roman Reigns) and said "he is cool". Then I told him that he is feuding with Bryan and he said "Isn't Brayn a good guy like AJ?" I told him not anymore, he became a bad guy recently. He said "But why? Isn't he one of the most popular guys in WWE?" I told him that yes, but that's what they decided. He ended by saying "That's dumb"
* Then about the Miz/New Day/Shane stuff he said that the Miz face makes him laugh, that the New Day act like idiots and Shane (who was one of his favourites growing up) look "old af"
* About the Jeff Hardy segment he said "What? He still wrestles? I thought he was retired" Also said that Joe looked fat and not intimidating at all.
* Finally, he didn't watched much of the battle royal (we were having his birthday dinner by that point), he said that the IIconics acted funny, but they seem dumb, he liked what he saw of Asuka and about the rest he said no one stood out.
Last tuesday was the first time wrestling with someone in almost 20 years and I must say it was interesting to hear what he had to say about the current product.
SUPPORTING ONE HALF OF THE IICONICS, THE AUSSIE GODDESS PEYTON ROYCE
SCREW YOU WWE
OKADA, OMEGA, ISHII, TAKAGI, SANE, MOXLEY, ADAM COLE