Monday Night Raw
1 week before Royal Rumble
Videos are shown of Vince McMahon's moments in the WWE, including his Royal Rumble win in 1999, his various battles with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and pictures from his final years in the WWE. At the end, Vince's picture is displayed with his birth and death dates under it. The show then cuts to the superstars on the stage and the sound of a gong being played a few times before the announcer says...
Justin- Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight, we honor the Late Chairman of the Board, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, in a Vince McMahon Memorial Show.
The Superstars leave the stage to both sides of the ramp leading to the ring as the intro to Raw plays and the Pyro light up the stage.
- Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen, to the Vince McMahon Memorial Edition of Raw. We are live in this electric crowd tonight as we wait for the new Chairman of the Board to come out to the ring.
- I don't care what anyone says. No man can replace the great Vince McMahon. The WWE isn't right without him and his walk to the ring that always brought a smile to my face.
- I'd agree with you, John, but like with everything, the show must go on.
The crowd sits in anticipation, waiting for the new Chairman to walk out. Some people held up 'Triple H for Chairman' signs as others had 'Once a McMahon, always a McMahon'. The crowd was divided in chanting for Triple H to come out and chanting for Shane to come out. After a minute of waiting, a theme hits the arena...
"HERE COMES THE MONEY!!!!!"
The crowd with absolutely crazy as Shane stepped out from the back and was met with an incredible ovation. As he made his way to the ring, everyone in the arena chanted his name, along with other stuff as well. (Of course, a CM Punk chant here and there.) Shane got in the ring and grabbed a mic. He looked at the hot crowd as he brought the mic up to his lips and began to speak.
- "WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW!! *Cheers* It's so great to be back in the WWE... *Big pop from crowd* ...and it's great to be in front of you, the WWE Universe again. *Another big pop* Now, like most of you guys have heard, my father, Vince, passed away a few days ago. I'm torn by the fact that I won't be ever to talk to my father ever again, but of course, the show must go on. So, tonight, in honor of my father, we will have...a 6 man battle royal for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship."
The crowd all literally go 'What?!' before a mix of boos and cheers are heard.
- "What in the world is Shane thinking?!"
- "Yes, you've heard me right. A 6 man over the top battle royal for the WWE Championship. The participants for this match will be...The Champion, Brock Lesnar *Big pop*...Leader of the Cenation, John Cena *Big Boo*...Leader of the Yes Movement, Daniel Bryan *Big Pop*...The Lunatic, Dean Ambrose *Big Pop*...Winner of the MITB briefcase, Seth Rollins *Big boo*...and The Showoff, Dolph Ziggler! *HUGE POP* The winner of the match and the last one in the ring will be declared the WWE World Heavyweight Cha-"
BEHOLD THE KING! THE KING OF KINGS!
- "Finally, someone with some type of sense. Stop that man before he starts making pole matches."
Triple H makes his way to the ramp with Stephanie, Seth Rollins, J&J, and Kane. He is met with a mixed reaction by the fans, which The Game smiles at before he raises the mic to his lips to speak.
- "Shane, brother-in-law-, I can tell by that announcement that you have not a damn clue how to run a wrestling Business at all. To book a championship match before the actual match at Royal Rumble is not only Bad for Business, but is quite illogical. *Mixed Reaction* I knew that, from the first moment we found out that YOU would be the new Chairman, that Vince should have given it to me instead of a quitter like yourself who didn't want anything to do with the business ever again. Be the better man and let me take control of this business while you go back to...whatever that you were doing."
As half of the crowd boo'd HHH, the other half chanted quitter towards Shane, who was getting irritated with The Game's interruption.
- "I think Shane is getting a bit mad."
- "Who cares? Hunter is absolutely right. He SHOULD be booking and running this company, not a quitter like Shane McMahon."
- "Hunter, if I did give you the business, you'd run it into the ground and let Seth Rollins hold the championship for 3 years. *Cheers* I think that the responsibility of this company is in the right hands, and don't worry about that match at Royal Rumble in two weeks. I'll come up with something for the match that will shock the WWE Universe. Now, will all of you please get off MY stage...except for Kane. You have a match tonight against a man that you have terrorized in the past..."
The crowd is wondering what Kane's opponent is until...
WOO! WOO! WOO! YOU KNOW IT!
The crowd goes crazy and the Authority is confused when Zack Ryder comes from behind and knocks Kane to the floor. Ryder taunts the crowd as the show goes to commercial break.
Zack Ryder v. Kane
The commercial comes back when Kane is having the upper hand on Ryder in the corner. For most of the match, Ryder tries to come back, but is stopped again and again by Kane. At some point, he finally comes back and hits the Ryder boot. He waits for Kane to get up to hit the Rough Ryder, but when he goes for it, Kane is somehow able to counter it into a chokeslam. He goes for the pin, but Ryder surprisingly kicks out at Two. After that, the crowd starts chanting for Ryder as the match continues. Near the end, Kane has Ryder caught by the throat, but when Kane lifts him, be pushes off and runs to the rope behind Kane. When Kane turns, he's met with a Rough Ryder, which makes the crowd goes crazy as Ryder goes for the pin and the crowd starts counting.
Winner: Zack Ryder by Pinfall
Ryder is on his knees, surprised himself as he won the match. As he was getting up, J&J came into the ring and mauled on Ryder before Kane got him and hit him with the Tombstone. The show goes to commercial as Kane stands over Ryder.
Rusev v. R-Truth
The match was a complete squash match. It ended with R-Truth tapping to the Accolade.
Winner: Rusev by Submission
As Rusev was celebrating, a man dressed in all black comes up from behind him and starts attacking him. The man drags him outside and puts him through the table. The man escapes through the crowd and leaves the arena. The crowd is completely confused on who this man could be. It was just a mixed reaction and maybe a few people chanting 'CM PUNK'. (Smarks)
The next to come out were the Divas Champion, Nikki Bella, with her sister Brie behind her. Their opponent in that match was suppose to be Natalia, but a view backstage shows Paige beating up Natalia and throwing her into a table filled with food items. Paige then turns her attention to the camera and grabs it.
- "Sorry, Nikki, but it looks like your match has been cancelled, but I just got word from Shane McMahon and he booked me and you in a championship match at the Royal Rumble...but that's not all. This match will be the first Extreme Rules match in Diva history in the WWE and when I'm done with you and your sister, I'm gonna, once again, be your Divas Champ. End of conversation."
Paige, then, throws the camera on the ground and the titantron shows static as the crowd cheers very loud and the Bella Twins are shocked.
Other Matches that Night:
Stardust and Goldust v. The Miz and Damien Mizdow- The Miz pins Stardust for the win.
Adam Rose v. Fandango- Fandango gets the win by Countout
The Big Show v. Jey Uso- Big Show wins by Pinfall
The Main Event:
Cole- Jerry, John, are you ready for this?
-Match card for Battle Royal comes up-
JBL- No, I'm not ready for this. It's a travesty, a bad decision, from the new Chairman of the Board, Shane McMahon.
Jerry- It's gonna be a 6 man over the top rope battle royal for the WWE Championship when Lesnar puts his championship on the line against John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Dolph Ziggler. I can't wait!
JBL- I miss Vince already.
John Cena's music hits and he comes out to loud boos and a huge 'John Cena Sucks!' chant.
Justin- "The Following Contest is a 6 man, Over the Top Rope, Battle royal...aaaand it's for the WWEEE CHAM-PIONSHIP! First, one of the participants...from West Newbury, Massachusetts, weighing 251 pounds...JOOOOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEEEEENAAAAAAA! *HUGE BOO*"
The commentary crew talk about how if Cena wins tonight, he'll tie with Ric Flair in championship reigns.
*Daniel Bryan's theme hits*
As Daniel Bryan comes to the ring, the entire crowd chants yes with him as he skips to the ring.
Justin- "From Aberdeen, Washington, weighing 210 pounds, Daniel...Bryan!"
The commentary team talks about how Bryan was screwed out of the championship by a neck injury caused by Kane last year and they talk about if he can claim his fourth WWE Championship.
*Seth Rollins theme hits*
Seth Rollin walks out, along with the helpers of the Authority, but his theme is cut off and Shane's face pops up on the titantron.
Shane- "Seth, to make sure that this match is 100% fair for everyone, all members of the Authority are banned from ringside. *Big Pop* If any of them attack any of the competitors, you will be out of the match immediately and thrown out the building by security."
As soon as Seth's Titantron movie continues and his theme resumes, the helpers head to the back and Seth heads to the ring with no introduction.
*Dean Ambrose's theme hits*
Justin- "From Cincinnati, Ohio, weighing 225 pounds, Dean...Ambrose!"
Dean Ambrose dashes to the ring, but before he could attack Seth, referees hold Dean back and keeps him in a corner.
*Dolph Ziggler's theme hits with a huge pop*
Justin- "From Hollywood, Florida, weighing 213 pounds, Dolph...Ziggler!"
The commentary talks about how Dolph Ziggler helped Cena's team take the authority out of power and how he was the surviving man in the match.
*Brock Lesnar's theme hits*
Justin- "And, finally, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, weighing 286 pounds...the current WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Brock LEEEESNARR!"
Brock Lesnar v. John Cena v. Daniel Bryan v. Seth Rollins v. Dean Ambrose v. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Dean Ambrose immediately goes after Seth Rollins, John Cena immediately goes after Brock Lesnar, and Daniel Bryan goes after Dolph Ziggler. After some time, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins go through the middle rope as they both tried to eliminate each other and Brock was able to spear them both out. The first one to go over the top rope, by the power of Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler, was John Cena. Ziggler and Bryan immediately get closeline'd by Brock and both suffer a german suplex from the beast. Daniel Bryan tries to come back and starts hitting Brock with the kicks, but as soon as he went for the last one, Brock was able to duck, get behind Bryan, and german suplex him. Dolph was able to get the upper hand after that and hit a jumping DDT on Lesnar. He, went for the elbow drops, which he succeeds at doing. He calls for the Zig Zag and was about to hit it when Brock grabbed the ropes, causing Ziggler to roll back into a closeline. Bryan, at this point, was on the top rope, and ready to hit the missle dropkick on Brock when Seth climbs up and pulls Bryan out the ring, eliminating him. Seth gets back in the ring and hits the Seth Walker on Dolph, only to get belly to belly suplex'd by Lesnar. When Lesnar turned around, Dean and Dolph pushed him to the ropes and tried to push him out, but it proved impossible as Brock pushed them off. He turned to Seth and picked him up, but then he was lifted up and Attitude Adjusted out the ring by an eliminated John Cena. The last three competitors in the ring was Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, and Seth Rollins. Seth and Dean both looked at each other and nodded with a smile and went after Dolph. They tore through him with punches and eventually threw him out the ring. Being the final two, the crowd broke into a Ambrose-Rollin chant as the two looked at each other. All of a sudden, Seth went towards the rope, stepped over the top rope, and jumped to the ground with the crowd shocked.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
Jerry- "What just happened?!"
JBL- "I told you so. I told both of you that this match was a bad idea. Triple H even said it. Shane doesn't know how to run a good show, let alone book a match."
As Dean went outside to grab his belt, Seth grabbed his briefcase and they both headed through the crowd. Shane and Triple H ran to the ring, not knowing what was going on as Seth and Dean stood at the top of the staircase. Triple h turned to Shane and pointed at the two, yelling, "Is this what you wanted? Is this the kind of show that you want to be in charge of?!" Then, suddenly, a man walked up behind them and put his fist out. Dean and Seth followed suit. The man, was indeed, Roman Reigns. The show ends as the three, the Shield, stood at the top of the staircase with the MITB briefcase and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship!
End of Raw
Comment on the show below!