World War II - 80 Years On - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
 
James T. Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 57
Points: 909
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

September 10, 1939, from Wikipedia,

"The submarine HMS Oxley is mistakenly sunk by the submarine HMS Triton near Norway and becomes the Royal Navy's first loss of a submarine in the war."

"Canada declares war on Germany, joining the Allies: Poland, France, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia."

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
James T. Kirk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Ger
 
Ger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,935
Points: 6,013
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
A remembrance thread.
The problem about this: WWII started years before with Italy invading Ethopia, Japan conquering Manchuria and the spanish civil war. Nazi-germany taking over Austria and destroying Czech republic step by step is another important thing before September 39. Especially the deconstruction of the Czechoslovakia helped the nazis a lot. It is a shame they could do that without any harm. Poor Czechs!


Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
September 1, 1939, from Wikipedia,

"Nazi Germany and Slovakia invade Poland, beginning the European phase of World War II."
Like I said: the european phase began years before by the exactly (Hitler, Mussolini) same people! Without the destruction and annexion of big parts of Czechoslovakia, there had not been a Slovakian puppet state.


Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
"Switzerland mobilizes its forces and the Swiss Parliament elects Henri Guisan to head the Swiss Armed Forces (an event that can happen only during war or mobilization)."
What shall that be about? Who gives a shit about Henri Guisan outside Switzerland? Sorry, but that makes me angry.
Nazis washed and cleaned their ugly money and gold in switzerland. Guess where they got it from they years before! Attacking switzerland was maybe planed in theory somewhere, but never a serious planed campaign.


Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
September 10, 1939, from Wikipedia,
,,,

"Canada declares war on Germany, joining the Allies: Poland, France, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia."
The poor polish people were left alone and got like no help. The necessary attack on the westside of nazi-germany didn`t happen. The french people called 39 to 40 the "strange war", because nothing happened at their border and like nobody (french people) died. So it sounds nice to give Poland a big lists of allies, but these allies did nothing(!) for Poland at that time and later. After the war Poland lost territories on their east side to get some territory from east-germany on the west side. Also they had to become a communist satellite state.
All this "allies" thing were empty words for Poland. No western country helped them, their territory was "redesigned" and then they were thrown at the communists after the war. Poor Poland!

I am curious, if you will mention what happened on september 17, when three sovjet armies invaded(!) poland from the east.

Not even starting about the war crimes which already happened the first "10" days on polish territory and the years before somewhere else, especially to civil people.
But hey, Canada was part of the Allies in September 39, that is important ...

I guess you come from a good place, but this kind of remembrance (Swiss semi-mobilizing army, New Zealand joining allies) just makes me throwing up. Czech resistance fighters did more to stop the nazis, then half of the countries in the "allies" list in early 45.

Ronda broke her hand punching the face that she said broke too easy. [8. April 2019, Becky Lynch]

English was my fourth language at school, so please be gentle. Feel free to send me corrections via PM.
Ger is offline  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
 
James T. Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 57
Points: 909
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
The problem about this: WWII started years before with Italy invading Ethopia, Japan conquering Manchuria and the spanish civil war. Nazi-germany taking over Austria and destroying Czech republic step by step is another important thing before September 39. Especially the deconstruction of the Czechoslovakia helped the nazis a lot. It is a shame they could do that without any harm. Poor Czechs!




Like I said: the european phase began years before by the exactly (Hitler, Mussolini) same people! Without the destruction and annexion of big parts of Czechoslovakia, there had not been a Slovakian puppet state.




What shall that be about? Who gives a shit about Henri Guisan outside Switzerland? Sorry, but that makes me angry.
Nazis washed and cleaned their ugly money and gold in switzerland. Guess where they got it from they years before! Attacking switzerland was maybe planed in theory somewhere, but never a serious planed campaign.




The poor polish people were left alone and got like no help. The necessary attack on the westside of nazi-germany didn`t happen. The french people called 39 to 40 the "strange war", because nothing happened at their border and like nobody (french people) died. So it sounds nice to give Poland a big lists of allies, but these allies did nothing(!) for Poland at that time and later. After the war Poland lost territories on their east side to get some territory from east-germany on the west side. Also they had to become a communist satellite state.
All this "allies" thing were empty words for Poland. No western country helped them, their territory was "redesigned" and then they were thrown at the communists after the war. Poor Poland!

I am curious, if you will mention what happened on september 17, when three sovjet armies invaded(!) poland from the east.

Not even starting about the war crimes which already happened the first "10" days on polish territory and the years before somewhere else, especially to civil people.
But hey, Canada was part of the Allies in September 39, that is important ...

I guess you come from a good place, but this kind of remembrance (Swiss semi-mobilizing army, New Zealand joining allies) just makes me throwing up. Czech resistance fighters did more to stop the nazis, then half of the countries in the "allies" list in early 45.
What the hell is wrong with you? I'm just listing what it says on Wikipedia. Don't blame me for what it says on Wikipedia. I didn't write the bloody pages.

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
James T. Kirk is offline  
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Ger
 
Ger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,935
Points: 6,013
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? I'm just listing what it says on Wikipedia. Don't blame me for what it says on Wikipedia. I didn't write the bloody pages.
I made clear, that your wiki posts focus on the wrong/unimportant things. And who says it is a good thing to quote wikipedia? At our university we always say, that no serious person quotes wikipedia.

You call that a remembrance thread in your startposting and then the important thing is switzerland semi-mobilising their army (they didn`t really fought in this war btw. and the importance of Guisan is a myth). Are you serious? Didn`t you read/check what you wrote?

You know what happened Sept 1? SS troops carried so called "containers", which were murdered german civilians from a concentration camp, to a radio station. They "played" the corpses of german victims in a fake attack, to have a faked reason for the war on poland. And while New Zealand joined the allies - because of Brits - polish towns were burning and masses of polish civilians died for reprisals.

That are things you should tell, instead crap like "Switzerland mobilizes its forces and the Swiss Parliament elects Henri Guisan to head the Swiss Armed Forces (an event that can happen only during war or mobilization)."

If you don`t understand that, then stop this thread, please!

Ronda broke her hand punching the face that she said broke too easy. [8. April 2019, Becky Lynch]

English was my fourth language at school, so please be gentle. Feel free to send me corrections via PM.
Ger is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
 
James T. Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 57
Points: 909
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
I made clear, that your wiki posts focus on the wrong/unimportant things. And who says it is a good thing to quote wikipedia? At our university we always say, that no serious person quotes wikipedia.

You call that a remembrance thread in your startposting and then the important thing is switzerland semi-mobilising their army (they didn`t really fought in this war btw. and the importance of Guisan is a myth). Are you serious? Didn`t you read/check what you wrote?

You know what happened Sept 1? SS troops carried so called "containers", which were murdered german civilians from a concentration camp, to a radio station. They "played" the corpses of german victims in a fake attack, to have a faked reason for the war on poland. And while New Zealand joined the allies - because of Brits - polish towns were burning and masses of polish civilians died for reprisals.

That are things you should tell, instead crap like "Switzerland mobilizes its forces and the Swiss Parliament elects Henri Guisan to head the Swiss Armed Forces (an event that can happen only during war or mobilization)."

If you don`t understand that, then stop this thread, please!
I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing. Ya don't like it, tough.

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
James T. Kirk is offline  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Ger
 
Ger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,935
Points: 6,013
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Ya don't like it, tough.
In such a context you write stuff like that? You did not even try to defend or rethink your unqualified proceeding.

Ronda broke her hand punching the face that she said broke too easy. [8. April 2019, Becky Lynch]

English was my fourth language at school, so please be gentle. Feel free to send me corrections via PM.
Ger is offline  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
 
James T. Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 57
Points: 909
                     
Re: World War II - 80 Years On

September 14, 1939, from Wikipedia,

"The Estonian military boards the Polish submarine ORP Orzeł in Tallinn, sparking a diplomatic incident that the Soviet Union will later use to justify the annexation of Estonia."

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
James T. Kirk is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome