1. I actually thought Arnold Schwarzenegger was stronger then God himself after seeing him throw a bunch of people off himself in the film Commando.
2. I actually thought Eartha Kitt was Chinese.
3. I never knew that Elton John was gay until I was a teenager.
4. I thought they shrunk people, and they were stuck in VHS tapes and that's how they appeared on the TV.
5. I thought that people actually died in the films I watched when a death scene occurred.
6. I believed in Santa Claus, and The Easter Bunny till the sixth grade, and balled when I found out Santa wasn't in fact real.
7. I thought professional wrestling was real up until Middle School, then realized it wasn't, and up until my Senior year duped myself into believing it was, and would watch old VHS tapes thinking that when they were telling each other what to do, would make up excuses by saying they were doing something else.
8. I never knew that people would die, or what death actually was. I was around six years old.
9. I was afraid for years vampires would come to bite the back of my neck while I was sleeping.
10. I believe when they talked to the screen on Sesame Street, that the puppets were actually talking to me (this I think a lot of kids believed, but I'm not so sure).
11. In the 2nd grade my friend Jamie told me that Freddy Krueger was coming out of the giant theater screen in the auditorium. He said he's coming and, "He's got me!" That was one of the hardest times I have ever cried.
12. A kid I knew on the bus in Elementary School told me that his father was The Incredible Hulk, and his mother was a giant cobra, and that he was an alien from another planet. He said that if I thought anything, anything at all after I got off the bus that they would come get me (or that I would die- that I don't really remember). He did this everyday for a while. I cried my eyes out, and the bus driver told him to stop messing with me.
Anyways, I would love to hear some of the silly stuff you believed when you were little (or not so little).