Have they even said who/how yet?
Obviously it's something that relates to the subject of the show, or they wouldn't have had this shitfit.. But lots of hand-wringing and no facts so far..
All that is known is that the participant apparently sadly committed suicide (a week after filming of the episode) after failing a lie detector test which revealed he'd been cheating on his wife.
These types of shows are always gonna have complaints. Ultimately, the aftercare team are to blame. It's no coincidence it's happened here and with that 'Love Island' show. Better care needs to be shown in that regard.
However, folk that keep applying to go on the show are to blame too. They're makin' themselves laughin' stocks, and what else do they expect? Jeremy is just doin' his job, brother.
1) If a person on the show is taking a psychiatric drug or treatment they must be excluded from participation.
2) Anyone with a history of mental health service input in the past 5 years must be excluded.
3) Anyone with a history of self-harming or suicide attempts must be excluded.
4) The person must have a full psychological work up before participating consisting of two sessions with two independent psychologists.
5) Follow-up must include at least one year of psycho-therapy being offered with a range of treatment options (DBT, CBT or psycho-dynamic).
6) RELATE and other relationship charities should be offered as a standard. Also debt management, Drug and Alcohol Services, Housing and other services where people need it.
They can't open a pandora's box of psychiatric chaos and expect to be held unaccountable when things go wrong. There is a duty of care and I believe they have failed in this regard if this incident is suicide.
This is most likely due to my own problems, but I actually find episodes where it's centred upon mental health (rather than something ridiculous like 'LIE DETECTOR RESULTS', 'MY HUSBAND WANTS TO SLEEP WITH MY DAUGHTER', 'SUCH AND SUCH HAS STOLE MONEY FROM ME!' etc., hilarious as they can be) pretty helpful, and feel it can reach a larger audience.