Conservatives: Myths and Reality - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 120Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
 
El Grappleador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chihuahua, Mexico
Posts: 1,065
Points: 4,005
                     
Conservatives: Myths and Reality

I've heard many myths about conservatives, stuff suck like...
1. -they're bitter and heartless.
2. -they're psychopatics/psychoticals.
3. -They boring.
4.- they're full-loaded or prejudices.

As I said before, these are just myths. I don't really know them. I got some uncleared fears and maybe I have the last trait.

Maybe this thread may be not taken serious, but I'm willing to ask if these and more myths are true or maybe I am wrong.

What's rare about this is how media talk about racism, for example, as if it was something exclusive of caucasian people, when that's the most sounded example. Not the only one, though.

Just I want to share facts about how does conservative live and compare them with myths. The target: change my mind and have a wider point of view than I've got currently.

May I lean on you?

"I ain't a golden token
to get sympathize everybody.
This is how I born, this is me.
If you don't love me, whatever."

"No soy monedita de oro", Cuco Sanchez.
Translation by El Grappleador.
El Grappleador is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:04 PM
 
Berzerker's Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,218
Points: 4,716
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

as a general rule i think right wing principles are fueled by facts and left wing principles are fueled by feelings. that's not a blanket truth of course, there are plenty of irrational and unstable people that lean right, but that's my perception.

left wing principles are good in theory, but right wing principles is better in practice.
Berzerker's Beard is offline  
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:12 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 37,845
Points: 79,048
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker's Beard View Post
as a general rule i think right wing principles are fueled by facts and left wing principles are fueled by feelings. that's not a blanket truth of course, there are plenty of irrational and unstable people that lean right, but that's my perception.

left wing principles are good in theory, but right wing principles is better in practice.
LOL simply not true. But good you are showing a constative myth Great job

there is a reason why when ever republicans are in charge they inflate the deficit and eventually kill the economy with crashes.

Its always the dems that have to fix it and put it back together.


Last edited by birthday_massacre; 04-23-2019 at 08:22 PM.
birthday_massacre is offline  
post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:38 PM
tombstone blues
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,424
Points: 40,496
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality


There has been an AEWakening... have you felt it?

The mark wars have begun again

DAMN THAT TRACK IS HOT

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE (IS BACK) (AGAIN)

RIP Robin

SPACE FORCE!

(space, space, space, force!)

SPACE FORCE!
deepelemblues is online now  
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:19 PM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,695
Points: 43,261
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Conservatives are selfish people, "society was good the way it was so why should it change", nevermind all the people who aren't cis-het, white, Christian males who were oppressed. To conservatives social status and economic mobility are a zero-sum game: "the more they get the more we lose" that's why you have Nazis chanting "Jews will not replace us" when WASPs outnumber Jews 50:1.

Conservatives are also happy to pay more money for lower quality, privatized health care just to ensure they don't have to pay for poor people. I know facts don't matter to conservatives anymore but the World Health Organization ranks the US 37th in quality of health care despite the fact that as a percentage of GDP the US is number 1 in healthcare costs, and this isn't a blame Obama thing, these numbers have been pretty consistent for the last several presidencies.

Conservatives will tell you that they don't want to pay taxes but they give more to charities than liberals, they don't tell you those are usually faith-based charities that serve limited communities; they're willing to give so long as the "right people" get the charity, taxes help everyone including the "wrong people".

The thing that makes conservatives the most selfish is their complete disregard for the environment. Now I'm no eco-warrior but to shrug at climate change and cut regulations, increase fracking, keep coal mines open, not charge carbon taxes, not mandate stack cleaners, allow dumping in our water, drill on native land and national wild parks, and just in general try to leave as shitty a planet for your grandchildren as possible, all in the name economic prosperity, that's probably the worst thing they do. Your hatred, your fear, your discrimination, that's only going to last as long as you're alive, but making the planet into Fury Road is going to last for generations.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is online now  
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:51 PM
 
yeahbaby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,221
Points: 16,362
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Grappleador View Post
I've heard many myths about conservatives, stuff suck like...
1. -they're bitter and heartless.
2. -they're psychopatics/psychoticals.
3. -They boring.
4.- they're full-loaded or prejudices.

May I lean on you?
You certainly may lean on me good sir!

I'm not sure what to think about your post however. It's the first I've heard of a myth about Conservatives being clinically psychotic for example, or particularly bitter people. Could be just me but that sounds a tad OTT and strawman worthy.

Happy to accept they're boring and prejudiced :P.... just like we all are to certain extents however.

In closing....

We're all fucked.

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"I backed him. You can see how loyal he is. He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees.' He would have dropped to his knees."

"You oughta see this guy - 'uh, I don't know what I said, uh, I don't remember,'"

I will build a great wall and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me and Ill build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.

"He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"Covfefe"


President of The United States of America, Mr Donald Trump
yeahbaby! is offline  
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:51 PM
 
Berzerker's Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,218
Points: 4,716
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris JeriG.O.A.T View Post
Conservatives will tell you that they don't want to pay taxes but they give more to charities than liberals, they don't tell you those are usually faith-based charities that serve limited communities; they're willing to give so long as the "right people" get the charity, taxes help everyone including the "wrong people".
i don't know if that's true or not, but if it is that's an argument in favor of conservatives... not against.
southrnbygrace and jroc72191 like this.
Berzerker's Beard is offline  
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:03 PM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,695
Points: 43,261
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker's Beard View Post
i don't know if that's true or not, but if it is that's an argument in favor of conservatives... not against.
I don't know if it's true, it's a talking point they repeat a lot, but let's assume it is true, all charities aren't created equally, all charities don't serve the most vulnerable. To give a real-life example, my aunt's church has a charity and that charity mostly serves the community it's in, which is a mostly affluent suburb. The poorest people in that community are much better off than the average poor in the nearby city which they don't serve.

The Susan G Komen foundation is crooked as hell, but it's still technically a charity, if I give a bunch of money to them to get a big tax break I'm taking dollars that help every American away and giving it to an organization that basically only helps it's executives. I didn't help anyone but I get to say I gave x amount to charity look how noble I am.
Stormbringer likes this.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is online now  
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:30 PM
 
Berzerker's Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,218
Points: 4,716
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris JeriG.O.A.T View Post
I don't know if it's true, it's a talking point they repeat a lot, but let's assume it is true, all charities aren't created equally, all charities don't serve the most vulnerable. To give a real-life example, my aunt's church has a charity and that charity mostly serves the community it's in, which is a mostly affluent suburb. The poorest people in that community are much better off than the average poor in the nearby city which they don't serve.

The Susan G Komen foundation is crooked as hell, but it's still technically a charity, if I give a bunch of money to them to get a big tax break I'm taking dollars that help every American away and giving it to an organization that basically only helps it's executives. I didn't help anyone but I get to say I gave x amount to charity look how noble I am.
someone donating their own money to a cause, whether you agree with that cause or not, is still being more charitable than someone who isn't donating anything at all.

if we really are to assume that republicans donate more money in the name of charity than democrats, then that would suggest they are less selfish... not more.
southrnbygrace and kingnoth1n like this.

Last edited by Berzerker's Beard; 04-23-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Berzerker's Beard is offline  
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:22 PM
The Mouth of Madness!
 
Stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hitting the Gym!
Posts: 9,928
Points: 18,694
                     
Re: Conservatives: Myths and Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker's Beard View Post
someone donating their own money to a cause, whether you agree with that cause or not, is still being more charitable than someone who isn't donating anything at all. if we really are to assume that republicans donate more money in the name of charity than democrats, then that would suggest they are less selfish... not more.


Taking money from your wallet and putting it in your purse isn't charity. You're intentionally missing a clearly made point.
Chris JeriG.O.A.T and Lyynch like this.

Last edited by Stormbringer; 04-23-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Stormbringer is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome