Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019 - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 1457Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:22 AM
Greek God of Knowledge
 
AlternateDemise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,651
Points: 22,231
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
Well you said it didn't help the middle class, I was telling you it did so you're wrong there. You may be right about the avg but you aren't right saying it didn't help the middle class bc it helped a lot of us. Maybe bc we are public sector not private so the trickle down doesn't effect us, though I know guys in the private sector who are singing trumps praises bc of all the money they are making, not on stocks, but they are probably considered upper class.
If the average middle class person didn't benefit from the tax cuts, it didn't help the middle class. You can't just say "it helped me so it helped the middle class". The tax cuts weren't meant for you specifically.

So for example, one of the main aspects of the tax cuts (or so Trump hoped) was that wages from companies for employees would increase. That hasn't happened, not to the extent that Trump wanted. A lot of companies decided to use the money for something else. Amazon is arguably the most famous company to actually increase their wages, and you can argue that wasn't even due to the tax cuts, but rather extreme public criticism and constant employee complaints about the low pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
Either way I got the answer to the question I asked, that this is all trumps fault and Obama has nothing to do with the negative drop the stock market is about to take. Just out of curiosity let's say something happens and the market climbs over the next year, can trump get some credit if that happens?? Just to be fair if it drops below say 18,000 I'll come back and say it's trumps fault and he should do something else.
It isn't all Trump's fault. But none of it can be blamed on Obama. He is no longer a factor in how things go from here on out with the economy. Trump has been in charge for two years by now. That's plenty of time to leave your footprint on something and Trump has chosen to do barely anything except ride the cocktails of Obama while not doing much to improve the weaknesses that are still within the system.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
AlternateDemise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:28 AM
 
blaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 751
Points: 2,340
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJollyDemise View Post
If the average middle class person didn't benefit from the tax cuts, it didn't help the middle class. You can't just say "it helped me so it helped the middle class". The tax cuts weren't meant for you specifically.

So for example, one of the main aspects of the tax cuts (or so Trump hoped) was that wages from companies for employees would increase. That hasn't happened, not to the extent that Trump wanted. A lot of companies decided to use the money for something else. Amazon is arguably the most famous company to actually increase their wages, and you can argue that wasn't even due to the tax cuts, but rather extreme public criticism and constant employee complaints about the low pay.

It isn't all Trump's fault. But none of it can be blamed on Obama. He is no longer a factor in how things go from here on out with the economy. Trump has been in charge for two years by now. That's plenty of time to leave your footprint on something and Trump has chosen to do barely anything except ride the cocktails of Obama while not doing much to improve the weaknesses that are still within the system.
I get your point but you can't say it didn't help the middle class when it helped thousands of us in my state alone. That may not have been the intention or even the overall result but a lot of us were helped.

My whole point to the original question was really mocking both sides...conservatives are always saying it's trumps economy and Obama has nothing to do with or had nothing to do with the big stock gains, employment etc... While the democrats are saying it's still bc of Obama that the economy is doing good. I get not many of y'all are saying that just what I'm seeing in my social media feeds which I get is a small percentage.

But even the tail end f your post is a bit contradictory...it's Obama economy still bc trump has done little to improve the weakness in the system, so it's trumps fault that he isn't fixing obamas flaws in the system?

Last edited by blaird; 12-31-2018 at 12:33 AM.
blaird is offline  
post #43 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:33 AM
tombstone blues
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12,921
Points: 38,565
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Since no president has ever proven capable of resisting the urge to claim undeserved credit for the economy when it is doing well, they must shoulder the blame if it is not doing well even if that is not their fault either

And if they did refrain from claiming credit for a good economy, few would allow them to dodge blame for a bad one anyway. So why not claim credit, if credit there is to claim

There has been an AEWakening... have you felt it?

The mark wars have begun again

DAMN THAT TRACK IS HOT

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE (IS BACK) (AGAIN)

RIP Robin

SPACE FORCE!

(space, space, space, force!)

SPACE FORCE!

Last edited by deepelemblues; 12-31-2018 at 12:36 AM.
deepelemblues is offline  
post #44 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:38 AM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 37,390
Points: 77,632
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
Well you said it didn't help the middle class, I was telling you it did so you're wrong there. You may be right about the avg but you aren't right saying it didn't help the middle class bc it helped a lot of us. Maybe bc we are public sector not private so the trickle down doesn't effect us, though I know guys in the private sector who are singing trumps praises bc of all the money they are making, not on stocks, but they are probably considered upper class.

Either way I got the answer to the question I asked, that this is all trumps fault and Obama has nothing to do with the negative drop the stock market is about to take. Just out of curiosity let's say something happens and the market climbs over the next year, can trump get some credit if that happens?? Just to be fair if it drops below say 18,000 I'll come back and say it's trumps fault and he should do something else.
It didn't help the middle class. Just because it helped you does not mean it helped the majority of the middle class. Again the average person in the middle class got a 2 cent raise. That is NOTHING. It did not help a lot of the middle class, it helped very few not the majority. Not sure what you don't understand about this. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

How exactly would it be Obama's fault for the drop in the stock market two years into Trumps presidency? If the economy skyrockets next year Trump gets all the credit, why wouldn't he?

lets try this again.

The economy and unemployment were doing great when Trump took over, So that is why Obama gets credit for most of Trumps first year because Trump just kept moving in the same direction under Obama's same policies riding his coattails, but once Trump starting undoing everything Obama did, and made his own policies those take about 8 months to a year to take effect thus why the economy does not start to feel the effects fo Trumps decisions until the beginning of this year.

Also the reason why Obama gets more credit for the unemployment rate is simple. Obama is what started it going down, Trump is just continuing that trend, yet at a much slower rate.

When Obama took office unemployment was at 7.80, and it was on its way up from 4.7 since 2006. So in Obamas two years the trend continued but he slowed it down, it peaked at 9.8 in Jan 2010. When Obama left office it was at 4.8. So Obama dropped the UE rate 5 points. Trump had UE already going down and when he started it was at 4.8 and its now at 3.7 which is a 1.1 % drop still going in the same direction Obama had it going.

Trump loves to brag how under him UE is the lowest it has ever been but under Obama it was the lowest as well and it just kept doing down under Trump but again UE is slowing but to be fair that is going to happen the lower the number gets.

But you cant think for a second the reason UE is going down is more because of Trump than Obama.

But if it starts going back up before the the bad policies Trump starts to do then its all on Trump.

birthday_massacre is online now  
post #45 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:39 AM
 
blaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 751
Points: 2,340
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
It didn't help the middle class. Just because it helped you does not mean it helped the majority of the middle class. Again the average person in the middle class got a 2 cent raise. That is NOTHING. It did not help a lot of the middle class, it helped very few not the majority. Not sure what you don't understand about this. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

How exactly would it be Obama's fault for the drop in the stock market two years into Trumps presidency? If the economy skyrockets next year Trump gets all the credit, why wouldn't he?

lets try this again.

The economy and unemployment were doing great when Trump took over, So that is why Obama gets credit for most of Trumps first year because Trump just kept moving in the same direction under Obama's same policies riding his coattails, but once Trump starting undoing everything Obama did, and made his own policies those take about 8 months to a year to take effect thus why the economy does not start to feel the effects fo Trumps decisions until the beginning of this year.

Also the reason why Obama gets more credit for the unemployment rate is simple. Obama is what started it going down, Trump is just continuing that trend, yet at a much slower rate.

When Obama took office unemployment was at 7.80, and it was on its way up from 4.7 since 2006. So in Obamas two years the trend continued but he slowed it down, it peaked at 9.8 in Jan 2010. When Obama left office it was at 4.8. So Obama dropped the UE rate 5 points. Trump had UE already going down and when he started it was at 4.8 and its now at 3.7 which is a 1.1 % drop still going in the same direction Obama had it going.

Trump loves to brag how under him UE is the lowest it has ever been but under Obama it was the lowest as well and it just kept doing down under Trump but again UE is slowing but to be fair that is going to happen the lower the number gets.

But you cant think for a second the reason UE is going down is more because of Trump than Obama.

But if it starts going back up before the the bad policies Trump starts to do then its all on Trump.
TL;DR you win I'm out
deepelemblues likes this.

Last edited by blaird; 12-31-2018 at 12:42 AM.
blaird is offline  
post #46 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:41 AM
tombstone blues
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12,921
Points: 38,565
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
TL;DR you win I'm out
You unsucked yourself from the vortex just before reaching event horizon
Tater and blaird like this.

There has been an AEWakening... have you felt it?

The mark wars have begun again

DAMN THAT TRACK IS HOT

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE (IS BACK) (AGAIN)

RIP Robin

SPACE FORCE!

(space, space, space, force!)

SPACE FORCE!
deepelemblues is offline  
post #47 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:43 AM
 
blaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 751
Points: 2,340
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepelemblues View Post
You unsucked yourself from the vortex just before reaching event horizon
I had to get out!!
deepelemblues and Tater like this.
blaird is offline  
post #48 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:18 AM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 37,390
Points: 77,632
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyJollyDemise View Post
If the average middle class person didn't benefit from the tax cuts, it didn't help the middle class. You can't just say "it helped me so it helped the middle class". The tax cuts weren't meant for you specifically.

So for example, one of the main aspects of the tax cuts (or so Trump hoped) was that wages from companies for employees would increase. That hasn't happened, not to the extent that Trump wanted. A lot of companies decided to use the money for something else. Amazon is arguably the most famous company to actually increase their wages, and you can argue that wasn't even due to the tax cuts, but rather extreme public criticism and constant employee complaints about the low pay.



It isn't all Trump's fault. But none of it can be blamed on Obama. He is no longer a factor in how things go from here on out with the economy. Trump has been in charge for two years by now. That's plenty of time to leave your footprint on something and Trump has chosen to do barely anything except ride the cocktails of Obama while not doing much to improve the weaknesses that are still within the system.
While Amazon increased their minimum age they took away the stocks they gave out each year as bonus's because their stocks are worth more to them in the long run so they fucked over their workers even more.
Pratchett likes this.

birthday_massacre is online now  
post #49 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:32 AM
 
blaird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 751
Points: 2,340
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
And you wonder why you get negged

sorry if you can't deal in facts

That is always your downfall
No you moron I could have understood a neg for that, not for me asking a general question to someone else that had nothing to do with you. Just for future reference, should I expect you to respond to everything I post in this? You know out of all my negs you are responsible for all but one? And evidently you neg anyone who posts something different to your views, but im supposed to believe you're tolerant? What a load of crap!!

And I haven't disputed any "facts" you have posted. Mostly bc your facts have nothing to do with anything I have asked about. Was it a fact when you said tax cuts didn't help middle class? No that wasn't a fact. Had you said it didn't help majority of middle class, that would have been fine, then you can't even admit you messed that up, that's why I didn't read whatever random crap you posted bc it prob had nothing to do with anything. I just wanted out your vortex which you've somehow managed to suck me back in to again.
blaird is offline  
post #50 of 2661 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:00 AM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 37,390
Points: 77,632
                     
Re: Donald J. Trump is still President in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
No you moron I could have understood a neg for that, not for me asking a general question to someone else that had nothing to do with you. Just for future reference, should I expect you to respond to everything I post in this? You know out of all my negs you are responsible for all but one? And evidently you neg anyone who posts something different to your views, but im supposed to believe you're tolerant? What a load of crap!!

And I haven't disputed any "facts" you have posted. Mostly bc your facts have nothing to do with anything I have asked about. Was it a fact when you said tax cuts didn't help middle class? No that wasn't a fact. Had you said it didn't help majority of middle class, that would have been fine, then you can't even admit you messed that up, that's why I didn't read whatever random crap you posted bc it prob had nothing to do with anything. I just wanted out your vortex which you've somehow managed to suck me back in to again.
Your trolling is getting old.

My facts had everything to do with what you asked, I gave you a perfect example about Obama getting credit and Trump getting blame and you come back with a post saying you didnt even bother reading.

And yes its a fact the tax cuts did not help the middle class, AGAIN the average person in the middle class got a two cent raise, that means the vast majority of the middle class was not helped. Just because it helped a few does not mean it helped the middle class. Teh middle class is more people than just the few you work with. Not sure how many times this has to be an example to you.


Last edited by birthday_massacre; 12-31-2018 at 02:02 AM.
birthday_massacre is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome