Let's Talk Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 2836Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:03 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 38,581
Points: 81,336
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post
Nope no issue at all.

is there a problem with making money because you are good at what you do?

And there is a difference between minimum wage and a living wage

https://www.howmoneywalks.com/living...he-difference/

Read the article, learn a little
Nice strawman article since we were never talking about the minimum wage.

birthday_massacre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:15 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 38,581
Points: 81,336
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

I don't care about someone who couldn't cut it needing to make more money.

if you have a family, you shouldn't have a minimum wage job, period.

minimum wage jobs are built for children to get their start in, and have a family that they can depend on

Yes, i feel no remorse for the 26 year old, that is working full time at Mickey D's or entry level at Amazon, because he doesn't think he can do better.


Who is talking about a min. wage, we are talking about a living wage. Stop trying to make a strawman argument. And working at Amazon should give you a living wage. Amazon is not McDonalds, so it should not pay like it is.

You don't think an entry level job at a huge corp like Amazon should give a living wage? How does that even make sense?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post


what the CEO doesn't make a difference to me, because it aint my money anyway.

it doesn't make sense because you feel sorry for those people, well, then if you have a bleeding heart, give them your stuff, you have more than they do, so that would be just as good.

And how would my prime not go up?

Someone has to pay those workers... and then what happens when the people make 15 want a raise... because they are now making the minimum, so you raise them to 18


someone has to pay those workers? Amazon makes billions they can afford it. The whole reasoning for them giving their average workers more money was because of how much Amazon makes

Also Trumps tax cuts were supposed to pay for these types pay raises so nothing should go up like prime. That is why Trump claimed he gave them right



Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

hen what about the $18 an hour workers, so you raise them to 21

then the $21 an hour workers.. and so one and so forth.

Where does this money magically come from?

Just the CEO? Doubt it.

billionaires don't become billionaires because they like to lose money


What about the $18 an hour workers they wouldn't need to be changed. You are just making up stuff now.

Well the money comes from Trumps tax cuts he gave them right? That is why he claimed he gave them. Are you going to deny that?

Also since you are talking about min wage, the wage should keep up with inflation, and if they did, it would be about $12 an hour which it's not.

Companies making billions can easily pay their workers $12-15.

Also amazon paying its workers and other companies paying their workers more money would make more money because people would have more disposable income and put it back into the economy.

That is how you stimulate the economy but the middle and lower classes making more money.


Last edited by birthday_massacre; 10-02-2018 at 06:24 PM.
birthday_massacre is offline  
post #83 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:14 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,254
Points: 18,075
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
We don't need to be enslaved by systems.
I said anarchy doesn't seem better.
FriedTofu is offline  
post #84 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Training to be a Grappler
 
DMD Mofomagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,278
Points: 7,095
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Nice strawman article since we were never talking about the minimum wage.
Hmmm, seems like we were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post

Oh and look Jeff Bezos caved to Bernie Sanders and is now giving his workers $15 an hour


https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/sand...age-to-15.html

Bernie Sanders praises Jeff Bezos for hiking Amazon minimum wage to $15


Sen. Bernie Sanders praised CEO Jeff Bezos on Tuesday after Amazon announced that it will increase the minimum wage for its workers to $15 per hour for all U.S. employees.

"It is no secret that I have been a harsh critic of the wage and employment practices of Amazon and its owner Jeff Bezos," Sanders said. "It has been my view that the middle class and working families of this country should not have to subsidize Mr. Bezos, the wealthiest person on Earth, because many of his Amazon employees earned wages that were so low that they were forced to go on government programs like food stamps, Medicaid and subsidized housing."

Last month, Sanders introduced legislation named the Bezos Act that would tax corporations for every dollar their low-wage workers receive in government health-care benefits or food stamps.

The Vermont senator on Tuesday congratulated Bezos "for doing exactly the right thing." Amazon said it will also start advocating for an increase to the federal minimum wage.

"Today, I want to give credit where credit is due," Sanders said.

Sanders has been fighting for several years to increase the minimum wage in the United States to $15 per hour. In his statement, Sanders also thanked Amazon workers who reached out to his office asking for support fighting for a minimum wage hike.

The senator said Amazon's announcement, "could well be a shot heard around the world." Sanders called on other profitable companies to make similar moves.

"Bottom line is that in the richest county in the history of the world, no full-time employee should be living in poverty," Sanders said.

Bezos thanked Sanders on Twitter and said he "hopes others will join in."

Sanders is a proponent of the $15 minimum wage, correct... so that is a time you were talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Bernies ideas are some of the most popular in the country. 70% of Americans support Medicare for all for example. He is the most popular politician in the country because his ideas are so well received.

Jeff Bezos just made a $15 min wage for Amazon because of Bernie Sanders.

You need to start using facts
There it is again

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Yeah that is why now he says it like no CEO should make 1000x that of their average employee. Basically saying that the average workers wages should keep up with the top CEO, which I would hope everyone can agree with, Bezos did since he finally set at $15 min wage for Amazon, so that is a start
There it is again

So that's 3 times you have mentioned minimum wage in this thread.

But then you changed it to living wage, at the end. Are you saying that Amazon is not giving a living wage now, because the minimum is the $15 you want

Or is the $15 the living wage, and you were just saying Amazon's minimum is fine?
DMD Mofomagic is offline  
post #85 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:34 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6,254
Points: 18,075
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Do non-billionaire owners of small businesses with tighter margins have to comply with paying living wages too?
FriedTofu is offline  
post #86 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Training to be a Grappler
 
DMD Mofomagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,278
Points: 7,095
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
Who is talking about a min. wage, we are talking about a living wage. Stop trying to make a strawman argument. And working at Amazon should give you a living wage. Amazon is not McDonalds, so it should not pay like it is.
I just showed you here you were 3 times.

And Bernie Sanders wants a $15 an hour minimum wage, are you denying that?

Quote:
You don't think an entry level job at a huge corp like Amazon should give a living wage? How does that even make sense?
No I don't. Do you know what entry level is?

It means jobs that you get to gain experience to get better jobs, that's why it is a minimum wage, and not a maximum one.

Quote:
someone has to pay those workers? Amazon makes billions they can afford it. The whole reasoning for them giving their average workers more money was because of how much Amazon makes
Yes, someone has to pay those workers.

You think the money is coming strictly out of Jeff Bezos' pocket?

Do you work for a living.. do you think the job fairy just comes and gives you a paycheck?

Money has to come from other places, that's why people create budgets

Quote:
Also Trumps tax cuts were supposed to pay for these types pay raises so nothing should go up like prime. That is why Trump claimed he gave them right

We aren't talking about Trump, we aretalking about Amazon and the minimum wage, stay focused

Quote:
What about the $18 an hour workers they wouldn't need to be changed. You are just making up stuff now.
Ok, I will put this down again, because you don't want to get it

If entry level is $15 an hour, what does the level above entry level get? And the level above that? and the level above that, and above that?

You would be ok with the guy below you getting a raise, but you don't? That would be ok with you?

Quote:
Well the money comes from Trumps tax cuts he gave them right? That is why he claimed he gave them. Are you going to deny that?
I am going to deny I said anything about Trump. Stay on track.

Quote:
Also since you are talking about min wage, the wage should keep up with inflation, and if they did, it would be about $12 an hour which it's not.
So the 15 year old kid at McDonald's should be making $12 an hour... that's not far off the $10 that I think is fair, so I am not going to argue that

Quote:
Companies making billions can easily pay their workers $12-15.
Yes they can, just not entry level workers... that's where we disagree

Quote:
Also amazon paying its workers and other companies paying their workers more money would make more money because people would have more disposable income and put it back into the economy.
So, people who are bad with money get more money to be bad with.

Let me let you in on a lesson you obviously have never learned:

It's not about the money you earn, it's the money you keep"

This is why you have broke professional athletes, and broke CEO's because if you are bad with money $15 an hour ain't going to be what saves you.

Quote:
That is how you stimulate the economy but the middle and lower classes making more money.
So you want to give the middle class more money to blow on stupid shit?

Got it
DMD Mofomagic is offline  
post #87 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:46 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 38,581
Points: 81,336
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

Sanders is a proponent of the $15 minimum wage, correct... so that is a time you were talking about it.

I was not talking about a $15 min wage with you lol

And WTF are you talking about, Bernie Sanders got Jeff Bezos to give HIS WORKERs $15 an an hour. That is not the federal minimum wage.

You can't even be honest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post


There it is again
yeah FOR HIS COMPANY NOT THE FEDERAL MIN. WAGE which is what you are talking about when you say McDs workers should not get $15 an hour for fastfood.

Jeff is AMAZON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post


There it is again

So that's 3 times you have mentioned minimum wage in this thread.

But then you changed it to living wage, at the end. Are you saying that Amazon is not giving a living wage now, because the minimum is the $15 you want

Or is the $15 the living wage, and you were just saying Amazon's minimum is fine?

WTF are you talking about, Amazon changed their entery level pay to $15 an hour, you are tallking about the federal min wage and claimed that is what we are talking about and why you pointed to min wage vs iving wage in that article.

You do understand just because Amazon is now giving $15 an hour nothing changes for the rest of the country.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

So the 15 year old kid at McDonald's should be making $12 an hour... that's not far off the $10 that I think is fair, so I am not going to argue that
yes min wage should be $12 at least for people working party time at McDs in HS or college.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

Yes they can, just not entry level workers... that's where we disagree
LOL if you dont think billion dollar companies can pay entry-level workers $15 an hour and still make billions. Espeically the people making at the top take a small pay cut if they don't want to cut into their bottom line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

I am going to deny I said anything about Trump. Stay on track.
LOL way to deflect the way they would be paying for it with Trump tax cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

So, people who are bad with money get more money to be bad with.

Let me let you in on a lesson you obviously have never learned:

It's not about the money you earn, it's the money you keep"

This is why you have broke professional athletes, and broke CEO's because if you are bad with money $15 an hour ain't going to be what saves you.
yes it is about the money you earn if you don't earn enough to stay afloat you are screwed and that is the point people like you miss
if you are working two jobs and still cant pay your bills, basic bills, something is broken. And its a joke you dont think an entry level professional job should pay at least $15 an hour


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post
So you want to give the middle class more money to blow on stupid shit?

Got it


yet another deflection lol


Last edited by birthday_massacre; 10-02-2018 at 07:54 PM.
birthday_massacre is offline  
post #88 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Training to be a Grappler
 
DMD Mofomagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,278
Points: 7,095
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
I was not talking about a $15 min wage with you lol

And WTF are you talking about, Bernie Sanders got Jeff Bezos to give HIS WORKERs $15 an an hour. That is not the federal minimum wage.

You can't even be honest.
I must have gotten confused by all the time you said $15 minimum

And you are saying that Bernie Sanders isn't asking for the federal wage to be $15, because that's what I said, and you said that's dishonest.

Just want to clarify that

Quote:
yeah FOR HIS COMPANY NOT THE FEDERAL MIN. WAGE which is what you are talking about when you say McDs workers should not get $15 an hour for fastfood.
So you don't support Sanders' Fight for $15... because that would be a federal minimum wage


Quote:
WTF are you talking about, Amazon changed their entery level pay to $15 an hour, you are tallking about the federal min wage and claimed that is what we are talking about and why you pointed to min wage vs iving wage in that article.
Let me phrase i another way:

You acknowledge that a living wage, and a minimum wage are different

Do you think the federal minimum wage should be $15 an hour?

Quote:
You do understand just because Amazon is now giving $15 an hour nothing changes for the rest of the country.
Except that Bernie's rallying cry is it to change for the rest of the country... do you agree with that?


Quote:
yes min wage should be $12 at least for people working party time at McDs in HS or college.
Ok, so you don't agree with a $15 an hour minimum wage, just that entry level at certain corporations should be $15

But that still changes the marketplace

Wal-Mart is a company that makes billions, should they be $15? And if they should be, what is stopping any 15-21 year old kid just going there instead of McDonald's?

Quote:
LOL if you dont think billion dollar companies can pay entry-level workers $15 an hour and still make billions. Espeically the people making at the top take a small pay cut if they don't want to cut into their bottom line
You seem to not be understanding, that I think very lowly of someone who has a family and works an entry level job.

If you did things the right way, and started working in HS/College, there is no reason you need an entry level job when you would need to sustain you own income.

I stopped making minimum wage at 17 years old, there is no reason anyone over 23 should be making it

Quote:
LOL way to deflect the way they would be paying for it with Trump tax cuts
Yes, because we weren't talking about Trump tax cuts, you didn't acknowledge my point about grownups making minimum wage, I am not wasting time talking to you about Trump

Quote:
yes it is about the money you earn if you don't earn enough to stay afloat you are screwed and that is the point people like you miss
if you are working two jobs and still cant pay your bills, basic bills, something is broken. And its a joke you dont think an entry level professional job should pay at least $15 an hour
This is what poor people say.

If you are working two jobs and can't pay your bills, you need less bills.

What's broken is you.

My grandmother got divorced and stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with my mom and Aunt for 7 years, working for a better life

Don't try to make me feel sorry for anyone

Learn a trade, better yourself, there is financial aid, and things out there.

Elon Musk talked about working 100 hours a week, when everyone does 40, he earned his money.

Nothing is stopping anyone from going to do those things, you want people to be lazy, you want them to be dependent, you want them to be stuck

If you can't figure out how to make shit work on 11 an hour, then what is 15 going to do?

Don't live beyond your means, invest in yourself, and don't stop learning, someone taught me these things at 19 years old, and I made good doing it.

Like I said bleeding heart, you get a paycheck, before paying your bills, help someone pay there's, I am not in the business of charity for people who don't want to do anything about their situation


Quote:
yet another deflection lol
Only because you realized how dumb it is what you said.

"If people made more money, they would put the money back into the products"

Well, then what is the point of even giving them the money, you think them buying more stupid shit helps their situation?
DMD Mofomagic is offline  
post #89 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:06 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 38,581
Points: 81,336
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

I must have gotten confused by all the time you said $15 minimum

And you are saying that Bernie Sanders isn't asking for the federal wage to be $15, because that's what I said, and you said that's dishonest.

Just want to clarify that

Bernie Sanders want a min. a wage of $15 an hour.

We were talking about the $15 that Amazon workers got. Bezos said $15 will be the min. that Amazon will pay his workers then you started talking about fed min wage. That is where the disconnect started.
I was talking about this pay increase but you were implying I was talking about a $15 fed min wage, which I wasn't in those examples you quoted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

So you don't support Sanders' Fight for $15... because that would be a federal minimum wage


You are talking about two different things with what Amazon got and Bernie wanting a federal min wage. Do I support his fight for $15 yes for full time workers.

Again you are trying to combine two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post


Let me phrase i another way:

You acknowledge that a living wage, and a minimum wage are different

Do you think the federal minimum wage should be $15 an hour?

Yes a living wage and the fed. min wage are two different things. What I am saying is, if you have a full-time job, it should be a living wage, including entry level jobs.

Again yes the fed. min wage should be #15 an hour for a full time job, if its your career. The min wage for full time jobs should be a living wage.


If you are working a part time job as a kid in HS or college, then no it does not have to be $15 an your, it should be more like $12 which is what it would be if it kept up with inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post



Except that Bernie's rallying cry is it to change for the rest of the country... do you agree with that?
Which a huge percent of the country agrees with. I answered the question a few times in my last two comments in this new post, I will just refer back to that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post


Ok, so you don't agree with a $15 an hour minimum wage, just that entry level at certain corporations should be $15

But that still changes the marketplace

Wal-Mart is a company that makes billions, should they be $15? And if they should be, what is stopping any 15-21 year old kid just going there instead of McDonald's?

if you work full time at walmart it should be at least $15 if you are part time then $12, No one in the country should make less than $12 even at McD or Walmart.
Not sure this will cause issues where these companies just won't make people full time to save from paying $15 to full time but they do that shit anyways to not pay insurance.



QUOTE=DMD Mofomagic;76244792]


You seem to not be understanding, that I think very lowly of someone who has a family and works an entry level job.

If you did things the right way, and started working in HS/College, there is no reason you need an entry level job when you would need to sustain you own income.

I stopped making minimum wage at 17 years old, there is no reason anyone over 23 should be making it


[/QUOTE]

What that makes you not a very nice person. As for people doing things the right way they shouldnt be working entry level jobs , that is just bullshit. Somethings they have to settle for that to have a job again because of a layoff or some other stuff. Its pretty said you would even say shit like that


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post

Yes, because we weren't talking about Trump tax cuts, you didn't acknowledge my point about grownups making minimum wage, I am not wasting time talking to you about Trump




Of course you wont waste your time because my point refuted your BS about prime having to go up since amazon will be payign more. The whole point of the Trump tax cuts was so companies like Amazon can pay their workers more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post


This is what poor people say.

If you are working two jobs and can't pay your bills, you need less bills.

What's broken is you.

My grandmother got divorced and stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with my mom and Aunt for 7 years, working for a better life

Don't try to make me feel sorry for anyone

Learn a trade, better yourself, there is financial aid, and things out there.

Elon Musk talked about working 100 hours a week, when everyone does 40, he earned his money.

Nothing is stopping anyone from going to do those things, you want people to be lazy, you want them to be dependent, you want them to be stuck

If you can't figure out how to make shit work on 11 an hour, then what is 15 going to do?

Don't live beyond your means, invest in yourself, and don't stop learning, someone taught me these things at 19 years old, and I made good doing it.

Like I said bleeding heart, you get a paycheck, before paying your bills, help someone pay there's, I am not in the business of charity for people who don't want to do anything about their situation


Just more bullshit from you. You live in a fantays world, you really should try living in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD Mofomagic View Post



Only because you realized how dumb it is what you said.

"If people made more money, they would put the money back into the products"

Well, then what is the point of even giving them the money, you think them buying more stupid shit helps their situation?

The only one making dumb comments here is you like your last paragraph.

birthday_massacre is offline  
post #90 of 4883 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 PM
From parts unknown
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22,596
Points: 82,169
                     
Re: Let's Talk About Politics! The Official Political Discussion Thread

So in dystopian America, apparently the president has now given himself the power to push political propaganda directly on your private cell phones.

But yeah. One of the aspects of a dystopian society is that there are always brainless drones who refuse to accept that it's a dystopia.

Obama made propaganda legal and Trump is planning to actually use that legality to pedal his propaganda.

Welcome to the dystopia.
Pratchett likes this.


Last edited by MRS. REAP! WARM ME UP (before i freeze to death on youuuuu); 10-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Reaper is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome